Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Good stuff. We're playing Southampton next week so hopefully they'll be demoralised and we'll have a chance of going top of the league. :woo:
    New manager midweek, apparently. And it's not as though we don't have a thing for beating you very often.

And Jason Puncheon is completely off-form, so he'll definitely score against his former club.

And our club is mental and the turn of events this summer could only have happened to us. Mental. Depressingly so.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by QED)
    New manager midweek, apparently. And it's not as though we don't have a thing for beating you very often.
    Hmm. :hmpf:

(Original post by QED)
    And Jason Puncheon is completely off-form, so he'll definitely score against his former club.
    I don't remember the last time a former player scored against us.

(Original post by QED)
    And our club is mental and the turn of events this summer could only have happened to us. Mental. Depressingly so.
    What happened? I've been away for much of the summer so didn't see.

Are you going to the match? Unfortunately I'm going to be away again so won't be able to make it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I just turned on Sky Sports 1 to see Brentford score a great goal against Wednesday and go 1-0 up at half-time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Hmm. :hmpf:
    In 5 meetings against 'MK Dons':

MK Dons 0-3 Southampton (League One)
    Southampton 3-1 MK Dons (JPT)
    MK Dons 0-1 Southampton (JPT)
    Southampton 3-1 MK Dons (League One)

(And a 2006 4-3 win in the FA Cup)

Our record against you isn't bad at all, but that's bound to change.

What happened? I've been away for much of the summer so didn't see.
    We start the season as favourites. We lose 'pace' on the wings (Papa Waigo and Michail Antonio). Our billionaire owner dies. We slowly steady the ship and win 4-0 away to Bristol Rovers. Alan Pardew is sacked. Rumours range from him 'approaching' players wives, to training ground scuffles, to being annoyed with players being bought on his behalf (by our possible-mentalcase egomaniac chairman). Awful start to the season, compounded by off-field turmoil. So much for 'we will walk this league'.

Are you going to the match? Unfortunately I'm going to be away again so won't be able to make it.
    Possibly, I haven't yet decided. I think I have a ticket (from the first scheduled game), so probably.

ReputationRep:
    Good win for Brentford. Decent goal as well.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by QED)
    In 5 meetings against 'MK Dons':

MK Dons 0-3 Southampton (League One)
    Southampton 3-1 MK Dons (JPT)
    MK Dons 0-1 Southampton (JPT)
    Southampton 3-1 MK Dons (League One)

(And a 2006 4-3 win in the FA Cup)

Our record against you isn't bad at all, but that's bound to change.
    Let's hope it does change. :yep:

(Original post by QED)
    We start the season as favourites. We lose 'pace' on the wings (Papa Waigo and Michail Antonio). Our billionaire owner dies. We slowly steady the ship and win 4-0 away to Bristol Rovers. Alan Pardew is sacked. Rumours range from him 'approaching' players wives, to training ground scuffles, to being annoyed with players being bought on his behalf (by our possible-mentalcase egomaniac chairman). Awful start to the season, compounded by off-field turmoil. So much for 'we will walk this league'.
    That does sound quite bad actually. :sadnod:

(Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    Good win for Brentford. Decent goal as well.
    Yep. I saw the whole of the second half and they should've got at least one more.

ReputationRep:
    Still in the relegation zone though, so that's good

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You're still top. Calm down.

Last minute penalty for Exeter, bagged their first league win - and beat Yeovil in the trophy earlier in the week - Exeter are on a roll!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QED)

You forgot to mention being beaten by little old Rochdale :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty_x)
    You forgot to mention being beaten by little old Rochdale :p:
    Rochdale are a massive club, obviously!

ReputationRep:
    Derby away today, we don't usually do well there. Early kick off too thanks to the police! I'm not confident but there again, I never am

Good luck to everyones teams today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QED)
    Rochdale are a massive club, obviously!
    haha i know :woo:
    Was it your fans singing there's only one Alan Pardew or was it ours? I wasn't at the game so I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds 2-1 up, lets keep it this way

ReputationRep:
    Another good result. Tough run of derbies coming up though.

ReputationRep:
    Wooooooo nice win by Reading yesterday, 3-0 at home against Crystal Palace. We needed that after losing our best player Gylfi Sigurdsson to the Bundesliga.

Ian Harte looks to be a great signing and as much as the fans will miss Sigurdsson, we actually look a much more solid squad without him. His money allowed us to sort out our defence which needed addressing if we're to challenge for promotion this year.

COME ON URZ!

ReputationRep:
    5th in the league

Haven't got internet at the moment, but watching us beat Sheffield Wednesday last weekend was so amazing. :coma: Happy with a 0-0 away at Bristol Rovers as well.

we'll sort ourselves out sooner or later. Less annoyed about the loss to Rochdale now, considering the red hot form they're in.

ReputationRep:
    Notts were so unlucky on Saturday, by far the better team. Completely destroyed Charlton all game at their own place, without a doubt the most undeserved victory i've ever seen. It's looking good, finish a bit better and i'm sure we'll be fine!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.