The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Aldershots a decent ground to go to, lovely away terrace, can be a great atmosphere and its right next to the railway too. Only problem was that during our NonLeague spell, away fans were often jumped and attacked as they walked to and from the ground - its a very dark path round to the away end. It was only really a problem with clubs that weren't likely to bring those sort of fans along though, never happened to any of ours...

Not that you'll be going if you're in Manchester...

We've got Burton away in the cup tomorow, god knows why its being played on a Sunday - means I can;t go :/ I don't expect us to win, we're in awful form at the moment.
Yeah, midweek away games are impossible from uni. I'd love to get along as I love cup football, but we've played so many games recently that another fixture will hurt a lot. It's not so much that it's a poor place to go to that I'm annoyed, but we should have outplayed a team like Aldershot and we're really riding out luck at the moment. We were poor even when beating Exeter 4-2, we were shocking against Bournemouth and we were shocking today. Really need to sort it out. Too many identical players.

Good luck against Burton.
Yep sounds similar to how we've been playing recently. We've got a really good squad though, they're jsut very young (average age of about 22 or something) and they're pretty low on confidence after aquandering a 2 goal lead to macclesfield and losing 5-0 to Bradford. Alot of our players are from non league too - it doesnt mean they're not very good as i reckon that the conference is a pretty similar stanard to league 2 but they're short on league experience.
Reply 5523
Original post by ipswichblade
Hope you win Kitty. Words cannot describe how disappointed I am in our current form and results! I am going on Saturday and fearing the worst - think Ipswich may get revenge for our 0-3 result at their place in May. Just hope we have been saving all our goals for this weekend for me to see. :biggrin:

You were right! :biggrin:

I think Chris Morgan was the key loss for Sheffield United today from what I can gather. Will be a big loss for you guys this season. Nonetheless, I'm happy we finally won at Bramall Lane again for the first time since 2005. :smile:
Reply 5524
I'm glad we won today, we needed to with two difficult away games next at Burnley and Portsmouth. Pleased to see David Healy score on his debut, he looks a quality player and I like the thought of him, Sharp and Hayter up front. I still think we need to bring in a good CB on loan, defending crosses has been our weakness this season.
Original post by DJB_1990
I'm glad we won today, we needed to with two difficult away games next at Burnley and Portsmouth. Pleased to see David Healy score on his debut, he looks a quality player and I like the thought of him, Sharp and Hayter up front. I still think we need to bring in a good CB on loan, defending crosses has been our weakness this season.

David Healy is a top-quality player at Championship level, he's a really good signing.
He's one of those players where I can't understand how he managed to produce in the Championship yet so utterly fail to do the same thing in the Premiership at any standard.
Original post by QED
So you'll have been to Southampton and to Scunthorpe?

And we're playing Shrewsbury, fwiw.

paha, yeah, im a knob

do you know why kelvin wasnt captain???
Reply 5528
Original post by patrick_l
paha, yeah, im a knob

do you know why kelvin wasnt captain???

Hammond's team captain, KD is 'club captain'.
We were shocking today. It was almost as if we just didn't want the game. I'm sure Dave Jones attitude to the game (its just a normal game) must have some part to play. We couldn't hold on to the ball, kept on passing it right to them. Missed Bothroyd a load too, with no one to aim for and hold the ball up / hassle the defence. Bellamy wasn't great either, easily should have scored his one on one chance.
We've drawn AFC Wimbledon in the FA Cup. :eek: Chances are at least one of us won't win our replays though.
I really hope one of you loses their replay. Preferably you. It would be a nightmare for AFC fans to have to play you.
Original post by paulb79
You were right! :biggrin:

I think Chris Morgan was the key loss for Sheffield United today from what I can gather. Will be a big loss for you guys this season. Nonetheless, I'm happy we finally won at Bramall Lane again for the first time since 2005. :smile:

Did you go? We deserved a draw with the second half performance. We didn't play as bad as I thought we were going to so I'm quite happy!
Original post by SomethingSpezial
Do people on here get to many games? If so how many a season?

I tend to average about 35 a season, about 20 home and 15 aways, although I made it to 49 last season :smile: Going to slightly less this season though due to work and studying.

I use to go to every home game and most away, in 2005/2006 (when we finished 2nd) I did every game home and away and the cup games. Great time to do this as we had a great season. I only missed 2 away games the following season in the prem - so glad I did this as we may never get back! :biggrin:

Now I pick and choose home and away games, can't afford to go to them all living in Worcester. I lived in Ipswich for 2 years and had a season ticket the first year and the travelling, time and cost wise was awful! Priorities change and I'm concentrating on my degree and I also work some Saturdays too.
Reply 5534
Did you go? We deserved a draw with the second half performance. We didn't play as bad as I thought we were going to so I'm quite happy!

No I didn't go this year, although its not far from Preston. I'd had enough of coming away from Brammall Lane disappointed, so decided not to go this year! Plus being a hard up student doesn't help. It did sound like we were hanging on at times towards the end, but that's typical of Ipswich!
Reply 5535
Original post by SomethingSpezial
Do people on here get to many games? If so how many a season?

I tend to average about 35 a season, about 20 home and 15 aways, although I made it to 49 last season :smile: Going to slightly less this season though due to work and studying.

I used to have a season ticket at Ipswich before I left for uni, and I did around 10 away games a season then. Nowadays its around 5 home games a season and 3 or 4 away. I do miss going on a regular basis. :frown:
Original post by paulb79
No I didn't go this year, although its not far from Preston. I'd had enough of coming away from Brammall Lane disappointed, so decided not to go this year! Plus being a hard up student doesn't help. It did sound like we were hanging on at times towards the end, but that's typical of Ipswich!

Yeah, we played ok in the second half. I enjoyed tonights match at Worcester City more than Saturday - more entertaining (2 goals, red card and a missed penalty) and less stressful. :biggrin:

Bramall, not Brammall. Everyone spells it wrong!
Reply 5537
Yeah, we played ok in the second half. I enjoyed tonights match at Worcester City more than Saturday - more entertaining (2 goals, red card and a missed penalty) and less stressful. :biggrin:

Bramall, not Brammall. Everyone spells it wrong!

Sorry! I stand corrected! :biggrin:
Reply 5538
AFC Bournemouth should have their own thread, tbph.
Another loss, 6 out of 7 for us....

Good day out to Rotheram on the train though, met aload of Bristol City fans on the train who tried to convince us to come up to Leeds with them haha

Latest