Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Shame if he does. I liked him least season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SideView)
    Wonder whats gonna happen at Norwich?.... Alot of people are calling for Worthys head but he ses he aint gonna go...
    Be funny if they sack him. Hear some of the fans want that. Stupid time to do it though. :rolleyes:

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't surprise me if Worthington was the most liked referee in the Premiership last season proportionally from Premiership supporters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    Be funny if they sack him. Hear some of the fans want that. Stupid time to do it though. :rolleyes:

Gem
    yeah lot of fans up here want that...

not long ago board gave him money to buy a some players... now they might sack him...? i personally think they should of done it a bit earlier ...then given the new manager the money to build his team.... oh well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    Johnson never dives, at most he isn't averse to making the most of a challenge, but I can categorically state he has never gone down without contact...
    Like last season in the Premiership where he nearly landed on his neck, right? Forget who it was against.

ReputationRep:
    Seabiscuit representing the Orient today.

Proud to Be A Cobbler - Welcome. Nice to see another League 2 fan here (and promotion rival!). Can't really engage in any real banter as we've played you twice already. I'm Leyton Orient here. A few Ex-Os at Northampton, David Hunt, Josh Low and Scott Mcgleish and they always seem to do a job against us as Mcgleish did when he scored back in Jan.

Its going to be close between you and us for that automatic promotion spot...

HOOF? As someone said, not all teams play that and certainly not Leyton Orient. If you watched us against Fulham and Charlton in the FA Cup, we showed how we can outclass Premiership opposition playing on the ground playing our normal style of football. Its funny - in the lower leagues its called long ball and in the Premiership its 40 yard pass...

ReputationRep:
    Hello mate.

Thought we did you over at BR but in fairness we were lucky to escape with just a point against you boys because I thought about from Kirky's wonder strike, we were plain awful.

McGleish has scored 18 which may make you think he's the main man but in fairness he misses 4 sitters to every goal he does score so he's had an up and down season to be fair. Hunt is awesome. I know Orient fans didn't rate him but his set-pieces are a major threat with his long throws and he's done superbly alongside Ian Taylor this season.

No offence mate... but COME ON SHREWSBURY TOWN F.C!!

ReputationRep:
    Palace let me down today but Derby did well. Still, plenty of games to go and this bad patch should make the players even more determined. Come on the Blades!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    But not AS massive as before
    Not really true. Attendances might be smaller, but the fans still support us, and we'll get some new fickle ones if we go up. So all good.

The players are a disgrace though. The ref didn't help but we shudn't need to rely on a penalty to beat Crewe.
    Come on Palace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    O Well, been up in 2nd for donkey's years, and now it's going a bit awry-but that's a bit disrespectful to Crewe- they're no mugs.
    Relying on Palace to beat the mighty Leeds, that's indicative of desparation.

Still, plenty of games to go and this bad patch should make the players even more determined.
    Na. Let's hope the bad patch goes on for a bit longer, say 9 more games. And then you can be as determined as you like for the playoffs.

I have calmed down now after that absolutely superb win this afternoon. 6 points now, game in hand, still got to go to BL. Feet firmly on the ground. But we have nothing to lose. Blades do.

ReputationRep:
    Still in our hands though. Plus you've got to play Reading and come to BL and if it really matters then we'll win. Got a good record against Leeds over recent times thankfully. We played poorly and got a draw at Helland Road so anything can happen.

Palace aren't that good anyway, we won at SP although was a whilen ago now. When is the Leeds v Palace game btw?

Gem

ReputationRep:
    We were really poor today fair play to Leeds they deserved to win. We have the quality but don't know how to use it, it seems. The whole team lacks bite and determination, some fans thought we could still get second place, well thats well and truely gone now, i'm still optimistic that we will get a play-off position though and the play-offs have been kind to us over the years

Come on you EEAAGGLLES!

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks to Village Idiot for being honest about the game. We did get battered for the last 20 - 25 mins or so, but the players looked like they would die for the cause. Hopefully palace won't have learnt how to 'use their quality', when they come to EL.

Gem, we have Palace coming to the home of football on Tue 21st March. It might be still in your hands, but it is now in our hands as well, if you see my logic. If we have win our game in hand and beat you, and then do as well as you in the other 8 games, we will have the same no. of points, so our destiny is in our control.

We have a tough run in, yes but hopefully Reading will have nothing to play for and the title wrapped up by the time they visit Leeds, and we'll be going for it then. The thing I don't agree with is "if it really matters we'll win", I won't lie our record at BL hasn't been great of late, and we have to be v.good to win but- the games against Watford and Crewe and QPR really did matter, if you had won those games and had 8 points more, you'd be sitting far more comfortably.

You did orite at ER, but at this stage of the season the form book indicates it won't be as easy for you as it was against us last season. I know Leeds fans shouldn't be dreaming, because we know what that's done in the past, but I can't help myself. The Premiership is much closer than it seemed 12 months ago. Or even 12 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAJ1)
    Many thanks to Village Idiot for being honest about the game. We did get battered for the last 20 - 25 mins or so, but the players looked like they would die for the cause. Hopefully palace won't have learnt how to 'use their quality', when they come to EL.

Gem, we have Palace coming to the home of football on Tue 21st March. It might be still in your hands, but it is now in our hands as well, if you see my logic. If we have win our game in hand and beat you, and then do as well as you in the other 8 games, we will have the same no. of points, so our destiny is in our control.

We have a tough run in, yes but hopefully Reading will have nothing to play for and the title wrapped up by the time they visit Leeds, and we'll be going for it then. The thing I don't agree with is "if it really matters we'll win", I won't lie our record at BL hasn't been great of late, and we have to be v.good to win but- the games against Watford and Crewe and QPR really did matter, if you had won those games and had 8 points more, you'd be sitting far more comfortably.

You did orite at ER, but at this stage of the season the form book indicates it won't be as easy for you as it was against us last season. I know Leeds fans shouldn't be dreaming, because we know what that's done in the past, but I can't help myself. The Premiership is much closer than it seemed 12 months ago. Or even 12 weeks ago.
    Wrong. Way we are playing at mo, any team could win at BL. However, will be different case then.

I must be going soft in my old age...part of me wants Leeds to win the play offs if we get 2nd spot. :eek:

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Was on my travels again today. This time, Gigg Lane where Stockport beat Bury 1-0. Such an important game and despite the fact both teams are poor, it was actually a good game. Really enjoyed it and my 2nd team won.

Gem
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's really tight at the bottom of League one there's like 4 points separating 11 teams any one of them could go down.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Millwall

Not a supporter, just like to see there alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Come on Millwall

Not a supporter, just like to see there alright.
    Come on Millwall....at the expense of Wednesday.

Gem
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just pray and hope the bottom 3 in the championship don't score any more points this season.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we'll beat Hull today!

Good luck to Leeds too.

I'm hoping that Crystal Palace, Watford and any other Londonish teams don't get promoted so I can go and watch them next season!

ReputationRep:
    vBookie for winner of Championship is up

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.