Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It will be strange with just us and the Dingles being South Yorkshire's only representatives in the top two tiers next season.

ReputationRep:
    Swansea had a fantastic away win against Millwall today. It is not an easy place to with their fans and if you also consider the fact they were still in with a chance of getting into the play-offs. It shows they have the steel to do well when it comes to the big games in the play-offs. Automatic promotion is still a possiblity with goal difference being in their favour but it would require Cardiff and Norwich to lose all of their games respectively.

ps. Sad news about Stockport dropping out of the Football League and they are not going to find it easy getting out of the tough league that is the Conference Premier.

ReputationRep:
    Very much loking forward to seeing Crawley Town strut their stuff next season.

Also, a team to watch out for who could possibly make it into the league in the coming seasons is Truro City - currently top of the Southern League, looking ready to go into the Conference South next season and they've got some experienced players too - notably former Fulham and Plymouth striker Barry Hayles.

ReputationRep:
    Just realised that Preston got relegated. Waheyy, Phil Brown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJB_1990)
    It will be strange with just us and the Dingles being South Yorkshire's only representatives in the top two tiers next season.
    At least if Huddersfield go up, you will have a couple of local Yorkshire games in them and Leeds. Better for the fans, not as far to travel. If Huddersfield don't go up, it's us and Wednesday with the short journey. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben Butler)
    ps. Sad news about Stockport dropping out of the Football League and they are not going to find it easy getting out of the tough league that is the Conference Premier.
    Seconded. I went to see them at the 2008 Play Off Final and cannot believe they have been relegated to the Conference this season. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    Seconded. I went to see them at the 2008 Play Off Final and cannot believe they have been relegated to the Conference this season. :mad:
    They have paid for overspending and bad management which has meant they have had to reduce the budget. Most sides who get relegated from the Football League are in a very similar state to this. You can not ship 90 odds goals and expect to stay up.

They are not going to have it easy getting back up, not many sides who go down to the Conference go back up straight away as these days it is a full time league with a lot of ex league clubs. It is as good as League Two imo. Crawley will be one of my favourites to win League Two with the money they have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben Butler)
    They have paid for overspending and bad management which has meant they have had to reduce the budget. Most sides who get relegated from the Football League are in a very similar state to this. You can not ship 90 odds goals and expect to stay up.

They are not going to have it easy getting back up, not many sides who go down to the Conference go back up straight away as these days it is a full time league with a lot of ex league clubs. It is as good as League Two imo. Crawley will be one of my favourites to win League Two with the money they have.
    Yeah, very true. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    *wave* enjoy your very brief stay.

It's such a shame to see both Sheffield clubs in League One, but if i get into Leeds its another close away game i can make! Haven't been to the Lane since our 2-2 draw at the start of the 07/08 season.
    Thanks.

Yeah, I remember that game...was there myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Indeed, it's ridiculous how the Conference still only gets 2 promotion places when the gap is minimal at best. It's not like 5-6 years ago when the likes of Carlisle/Shrewsbury would go down and instantly return, there are now some big teams that have been out of the league for a long time.

Crawley will go up again next season. I'll be putting money on them for sure.
    Yes, I agree. There are mainly full time teams in the league and only a handful of part time and they always struggle. It has now become practically impossible for a part time team to stay up in that league. You have got Stevenage and Torquay challenging in League Two this season and doing really well and Exeter went up straight away to League One a few seasons ago. They should split League Two into a North and South section for all the full time teams in the Conference Premier and make the Conference the part time league it should be. The gap between that and the leagues below it, BSS and BSN are huge.

ReputationRep:
    20 odd minutes into Cardif v Middlesbrough and its 3-0 to Middlesbrough :O

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff are crumbling I have a soft spot for Norwich so I'm very happy atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Cardiff are crumbling I have a soft spot for Norwich so I'm very happy atm
    Norwich are going to go straight back down, why does everyone seem to like them?

Cardiff have been dreadful. They look like a relegated side, not a side challenging for the autos. Swans or Reading will go up through the play offs. Hopefully the Swans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Norwich are going to go straight back down, why does everyone seem to like them?

Cardiff have been dreadful. They look like a relegated side, not a side challenging for the autos. Swans or Reading will go up through the play offs. Hopefully the Swans
    Who cares if we come straight back down? The money we will get from promotion, playing the bigger sides and comming back down again is more than enough to get us through our problems

Im hoping Its QPR, Norwich and Reading that are promoted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Right Guard 3.D)
    Who cares if we come straight back down? The money we will get from promotion, playing the bigger sides and comming back down again is more than enough to get us through our problems

Im hoping Its QPR, Norwich and Reading that are promoted.
    I'm just saying from an outsiders perspective there are better teams that will be more equipped to doing well in the PL. I saw how Swansea destroyed you and thought your defence and gk were very poor players. Obviously that is a judgment from one game, but it didn't look like they possessed much then! Fair enough, you have been through the divisions a bit though haven't you. Doesn't seem long since you were in the PL. Did you consecutively go down 2 divisions, and then go up 2 (basically looking that way now).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I feel so sorry for Huddersfield. Unbeaten in 2011 and finished the season in fantastic form with a points total that any other year would mean a top 2 finish. It will be an absolute travesty if they don't win the play offs. Brighton and Saints have deservedly been promoted and i really hope Hudders can join them. Easily the best three teams in League One this season.
    Ditto! Hope they win the play offs even though it means us not getting to play them next season in what would be a local trip for the fans and a big attendance at BL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    I'm just saying from an outsiders perspective there are better teams that will be more equipped to doing well in the PL. I saw how Swansea destroyed you and thought your defence and gk were very poor players. Obviously that is a judgment from one game, but it didn't look like they possessed much then! Fair enough, you have been through the divisions a bit though haven't you. Doesn't seem long since you were in the PL. Did you consecutively go down 2 divisions, and then go up 2 (basically looking that way now).
    I was having a joke about the money we will get to pay of debt. I didn't mean it in an argumentative way- sorry it came across like that . You are correct though

ReputationRep:
    Oh well thats it for us. Worth mentioning we had two blatant penalties not given though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Right Guard 3.D)
    I was having a joke about the money we will get to pay of debt. I didn't mean it in an argumentative way- sorry it came across like that . You are correct though
    Fair enough. What exactly happened with the club then? What is the controversy with PL?

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Oh well thats it for us. Worth mentioning we had two blatant penalties not given though.
    How do you think Cardiff will do now? Do you think they have missed their chance and will just go down and away for the next few seasons? Always found Cardiff seem to loan so many players in and losing Bothroyd (and Bellamy) will be big.

ReputationRep:
    On the ball city

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.