This discussion is closed.
leedsblade
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by time4_heroes)
Yeah that was a good'n

Norwich are playing well now as well! Bit of a toughy - wouldn't like to pick a winner in that one!

As for being in this league too long - I know how you feel! Apart from our semi-disastrous season in the Premiership, we've been stuck in Division 1 all my supporting life! :mad:

I hope Sheff Utd go up this season - in 2nd so that we can win the Play-offs

By the way - any fans of Conference South teams here? Or is that TOO lower league? :cool:

Nick
Thought you would have mentioned the 2003 play off final in an earlier post...maybe you were just being nice though.
We have been in the league the longest. Since 1994...relegated on my 8th birthday at Chelsea in 1994 and not been back since.

I've gone for a draw on saturday which aint much good if Leeds and/or Watford win.

Gem
time4_heroes
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by leedsblade)
Thought you would have mentioned the 2003 play off final in an earlier post...maybe you were just being nice though.
We have been in the league the longest. Since 1994...relegated on my 8th birthday at Chelsea in 1994 and not been back since.

I've gone for a draw on saturday which aint much good if Leeds and/or Watford win.

Gem
I was just being nice, although it means nothing now really because we're back where we were...(beat Man Utd along the way though )

I think apart from that one Premiership season, we've been in this league since 1988/89...too long!

I think a draw is the most likely result for you Saturday. Leeds have Coventry away (who are in good form at the moment!) but Watford have Southampton away Monday night who have been dodgy...

I'm optimistic for us at Reading - really good performance against Cardiff on Saturday has boosted my confidence! However, it's not in our hands now, we need Preston to slip up! (Nugent out for the rest of the season! Woo hoo!)

Nick
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by time4_heroes)
I was just being nice, although it means nothing now really because we're back where we were...(beat Man Utd along the way though )

I think apart from that one Premiership season, we've been in this league since 1988/89...too long!

I think a draw is the most likely result for you Saturday. Leeds have Coventry away (who are in good form at the moment!) but Watford have Southampton away Monday night who have been dodgy...

I'm optimistic for us at Reading - really good performance against Cardiff on Saturday has boosted my confidence! However, it's not in our hands now, we need Preston to slip up! (Nugent out for the rest of the season! Woo hoo!)

Nick
Yeah. Watford will probably beat Southampton and Leeds draw at Coventry which does mean we have to win. We will see.

As for the other results...I don't really mind but would like to see Millwall win and Wednesday lose of course.

Gem
AAJ1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hi Nick, the Wolves fan.

Just because I'm pedantic - we lost 1-0 at Molineux and not 2-1 this season.

Erm..I'm worried at seeing the number of people predicting us to finish in that 2nd automatic promotion space. People look at the Sheff Utd form, and they look at our results and they say there's only one outcome. There are more factors to consider.

1. The Sheff Utd slump has gone on 8 games or so now, and so it is bound to arrest itself sooner or later... and their run in is not the hardest..
2. Whilst we are unbeaten in a few.. and we have produced some good displays.. we have been lucky against mediocre teams... Derby, Leicester, Norwich and we wouldn't have beaten Watford had they not had 2 players sent off.
3. We are still 5 points behind them - we have to go to Bramall Lane, The Ricoh Arena, The KC Stadium (yorkshire derby) and Deepdale. We also have Reading and Palace to come to Elland Road
4. Watford. They are playing well at home, effective away from home - no pressure on them hence "We're going up but noone believes us, we're going up but noone believes us" chants from their fans at Reading.

I predict we will finish 4th... but obviously I hope and pray that I am totally wrong.

As for the playoffs - I reckon Us, Watford, Palace and then either Wolves or Preston. Wolves seem to be coming into form just at the right time and if they can get a result this weekend at Reading ... it will definitely give them confidence (not the manager he thinks the team are already God's gift to football)

I'll take a draw at the Ricoh this weekend, come on Norwich and Southampton.
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^ Talk about being pessimistic! Thought our fans were bad...I keep talking to fellow Blades and the way they are carrying on, we are 2nd from bottom!

Leeds have got a good chance of making 2nd...but so have we along with Watford.

Gem
time4_heroes
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by AAJ1)
Hi Nick, the Wolves fan.

Just because I'm pedantic - we lost 1-0 at Molineux and not 2-1 this season.

Erm..I'm worried at seeing the number of people predicting us to finish in that 2nd automatic promotion space. People look at the Sheff Utd form, and they look at our results and they say there's only one outcome. There are more factors to consider.

1. The Sheff Utd slump has gone on 8 games or so now, and so it is bound to arrest itself sooner or later... and their run in is not the hardest..
2. Whilst we are unbeaten in a few.. and we have produced some good displays.. we have been lucky against mediocre teams... Derby, Leicester, Norwich and we wouldn't have beaten Watford had they not had 2 players sent off.
3. We are still 5 points behind them - we have to go to Bramall Lane, The Ricoh Arena, The KC Stadium (yorkshire derby) and Deepdale. We also have Reading and Palace to come to Elland Road
4. Watford. They are playing well at home, effective away from home - no pressure on them hence "We're going up but noone believes us, we're going up but noone believes us" chants from their fans at Reading.

I predict we will finish 4th... but obviously I hope and pray that I am totally wrong.

As for the playoffs - I reckon Us, Watford, Palace and then either Wolves or Preston. Wolves seem to be coming into form just at the right time and if they can get a result this weekend at Reading ... it will definitely give them confidence (not the manager he thinks the team are already God's gift to football)

I'll take a draw at the Ricoh this weekend, come on Norwich and Southampton.
It was 1-0! Dunno why I put 2-1...

As for Leeds going up, you've certainly got a great chance, but you're totally right in what you say about Watford!

As for us, we're not playing amazingly at the moment, we're unbeaten for ages but just keep drawing!

I've got a lot of respect for Leeds though, went with my friend twice during the relegation season versus Southampton (0-0) and Middlesbrough (0-3) and ALL the fans were amazing despite the dire situation you were in

Nick
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Good luck to all the teams at the weekend (minus Leeds and Watford..sorry ) and hope there are some good games.

On me travels again...to Norwich this time. My prediction is an optimistic 1-1 draw!

Have a good weekend all!

Gem
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Town are out of promotion contention now for another season after that defeat to Preston. Tbh, it would have been great to see them sneak in the playoffs as oppose to falling in it whilst being in the top two for most of the season.
Oziris
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I hope Brighton finally manage to pull off a win. We need it so badly.

At this rate I can see us playing "League 1" football next year.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt....Twice.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sheffield loose again :eek:
Leeds drew though whilst Watford is not playing until tomorrow against Southampton, although an additional match would have been played by then.

Sheffield Utd - I can really see completely pissing this chance up the wall. I just know Leeds or Watford will get 2nd spot - sorry Gem.

Barnet can't ever seem to win and always seem to draw. They are looking at relegation if they don't sort themselves out. Need that win :hmpf:

FA trophy didn't bring any great surprises with Woking & Exeter holding leads going into the 2nd legs. I did predict this final some pages back. Borehamwood FC fairytale now finally diminishing, with Grays also a lot of work to do in the 2nd leg.

Wierd weekend . . . .& Tottenham still continue to win
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! F**king Boston!
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Still possible for play offs though . . . . thanks to Barnet.
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
True, and it's appreciated. Northampton and Rovers lost too, which is always good.
AAJ1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Normally, I'm a pessimist. And that hasn't changed. But I still say good point gained as opposed to two dropped at the Ricoh yesterday. If you had given me us to draw and Sheff U to lose I woulda taken it beforehand.

I will be praying for a Saints victory tomorrow night - Watford will leapfrog us into 3rd if they win. After every game, our next game is our biggest game of the season. The "game in hand" against Palace is on Tuesday night. It's important. Had another look at the run-ins. Sheff U have the easiest run in.

As for the relegation fight, Brighton are doomed (sorry Oziris) but at this stage of the season with Sheff Wed pulling off a shock win at home to Preston.. wins and nothing other than wins will save you. Having said that... it's not over till its over. Except in the case of Reading and promotion... that's not over.. but, really it is over.
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by AAJ1)
Normally, I'm a pessimist. And that hasn't changed. But I still say good point gained as opposed to two dropped at the Ricoh yesterday. If you had given me us to draw and Sheff U to lose I woulda taken it beforehand.

I will be praying for a Saints victory tomorrow night - Watford will leapfrog us into 3rd if they win. After every game, our next game is our biggest game of the season. The "game in hand" against Palace is on Tuesday night. It's important. Had another look at the run-ins. Sheff U have the easiest run in.

As for the relegation fight, Brighton are doomed (sorry Oziris) but at this stage of the season with Sheff Wed pulling off a shock win at home to Preston.. wins and nothing other than wins will save you. Having said that... it's not over till its over. Except in the case of Reading and promotion... that's not over.. but, really it is over.
Just got back from a weekend in Norwich. Another weekend wasted and yet again a big following and a crap result! As much as I love the club and I'd go to the games whether it be premiership, league 1 or conference, I'm getting annoyed now. We either play poorly and lose or like yesterday, play well and lose. Nothing is going our way either with regards to luck at the moment. Slightly more worrying!

Yesterday was a massive chance for Leeds to catch us even more...thankfully only a point was managed. That is the difference though...late penalty a for 1-1 draw and we play well at Norwich, go ahead and then go to sleep at the back and can't get back into a game we should have got at least a draw from.

Come on Saints!!!

Gem
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by walshie)
Sheffield loose again :eek:
Leeds drew though whilst Watford is not playing until tomorrow against Southampton, although an additional match would have been played by then.

Sheffield Utd - I can really see completely pissing this chance up the wall. I just know Leeds or Watford will get 2nd spot - sorry Gem

Barnet can't ever seem to win and always seem to draw. They are looking at relegation if they don't sort themselves out. Need that win :hmpf:

FA trophy didn't bring any great surprises with Woking & Exeter holding leads going into the 2nd legs. I did predict this final some pages back. Borehamwood FC fairytale now finally diminishing, with Grays also a lot of work to do in the 2nd leg.

Wierd weekend . . . .& Tottenham still continue to win
No need for the sorry. I am used to us messing things up when it matters. 2 play off finals, 1 play off semi final, 3 fa cup semi finals and a league cup semi final since I've been watching. Yep..lost them all. :rolleyes:

Gem
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by leedsblade)
No need for the sorry. I am used to us messing things up when it matters. 2 play off finals, 1 play off semi final, 3 fa cup semi finals and a league cup semi final since I've been watching. Yep..lost them all. :rolleyes: Gem
Awwwwww, bless your cotton socks :hugs:
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by walshie)
Awwwwww, bless your cotton socks :hugs:
No awww about it...it's called supporting an unsuccessful club that underperform when it matters (minus 1 of the fa cup semi's) but thanks anyway.

Gem
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Very important game tonight Southampton v Watford, should Watford win it will tighten things up more for the Promotion battle.
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^ True. Come on the Saints!

Gem
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (178)
18.74%
No (573)
60.32%
Not really bothered about them (199)
20.95%

Watched Threads