Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Portsmouth - Saints is always very tasty - I was at the FA Cup game 3 years ago at St Mary's where Pompey ran riot, so the fans did afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Portsmouth - Saints is always very tasty - I was at the FA Cup game 3 years ago at St Mary's where Pompey ran riot, so the fans did afterwards.
    It's pretty tame in comparison to most Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff games (any variation of the three) IMO. Far too many families visiting St. Marys these days to make it a hostile atmosphere.

Not that that's a bad thing, of course.

ReputationRep:
    Well we got a cracking win on saturday, 3-2 and coming from behind. (M'bro.)

Still in with a shot at the automatic spots atm, time will tell - def think we are playoff material mind.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Good win for Crystal Palace last night, puts them near the play offs. Middlesbrough aren't looking too bad either so far.

ReputationRep:
    Damn you West Brom for recalling M-A Fortune. It's a blow is that, him and Sharp had an effective strike partnership going on. At least Dioufy may be back from injury for the next game, we've missed a bit of his quality and workrate.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Once again Sheffield Wednesday bottled it against Walsall this time, 1-0 up only to concede twice in stoppage time. Mind you Walsall fans aren't very nice, it seemed all they wanted to do was fight.

ReputationRep:
    2nd in the league. Many thanks to Walsall FC for yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    We did very well today. Totally outplayed Reading for most of the match. Very happy that both Boro and Southampton slipped up. We're upto third now. Just two points off second and first .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    We did very well today. Totally outplayed Reading for most of the match. Very happy that both Boro and Southampton slipped up. We're upto third now. Just two points off second and first .
    Isn't it coming up to the part of the year where your lot hit the self destruct button?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    Isn't it coming up to the part of the year where your lot hit the self destruct button?
    True. But saying that we traditionally mess up in November too, and we had a very good November this time around!
    We seem to be working much better as a team (rather than just individual players) and we seem to be willing to work much harder to grind out points from games we would have lost in the past.
    But saying that, I don't want to be too optimistic, because we are Cardiff City, and we love ****ing it up!

ReputationRep:
    We were useless again yesterday. Just have to thank god for Richard Logan. I don't drive, but if anyone wants David Noble, I will give him a piggy back up to wherever you are (not including Plymuff, obviously). The rest of the team were pretty dire too yesterday, we need to sort our defence out pretty sharpish, and a consistent striker would be nice too. Tisdale's tactics were just mental, a striker on the left wing, a winger as a striker, and then a CAM as a striker too.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/page/...565328,00.html

Paul Buckle has just been sacked by Bristol Rovers. I should imagine all 3 of the Torquay fans are all having a good laugh at the moment. Not sure who'd be in the running at the minute, but I reckon Andy Tillson's name will be in there

ReputationRep:
    It's pleasing to get three wins in a row at home. We're still garbage away though, that needs to change if we're going to stay up.

ReputationRep:
    Derby fan here, 3 wins in a row for the rams against promotion chasing teams and we are looking good again now we have a fit squad
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    We got Bristol Rovers this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    2nd in the league. Many thanks to Walsall FC for yesterday.
    Almost forget, what a epic **** up by Wednesday that was, but unfortunately for the Blades the positions have been reversed again, it's very tight though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Almost forget, what a epic **** up by Wednesday that was, but unfortunately for the Blades the positions have been reversed again, it's very tight though.
    Yes, manager of the month curse (even though Wilson hadn't been given it when we played at Carlisle, it was pretty damn obvious he was going to get it with a 100% win record in December) I am afraid.

Hope for better in the next league game, I am not too bothered about the FA CUP...we play Yeovil at home on Tuesday night. Can go above Wednesday with a win in that one as Wednesday don't play in the league until January 14th.

ReputationRep:
    Rhodes... :sogood:

Really hope Huddersfield go up this year. They've been there or thereabouts for what feels like forever now. Sort of like the Cardiff of League One in that respect.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've ever been more ashamed to be a Wycombe fan....

ReputationRep:
    We've got Notts County in the FA Cup tomorrow at home. I'd say it's a good opportunity to actually progress in this competition for once as County are quite poor away. Watch us lose now...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.