Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAJ1)
    Evening All,
    Obviously extremely gutted by the result last night. Palace were thoroughly professional and while Kilgallon missed a sitter, they were well worth the three points.

It is highly disappointing to lose at home, obviously, but with the situation as it is at the moment, I do think the race for 2nd place is now a four horse one. Palace have to win pretty much every game, but the run in doesn't seem too bad.

Leeds picking up 3 points would have been an awful result for the Blades and Watford, but if I were to put myself into the shoes of a Blades/Watford fan, I think a draw would have been their ideal result. That way Leeds would have failed to win in three, remained in fourth and Palace would have been 10 points back, with them, themselves having drawn the last two. It would have replaced the destiny of Sheffield United in their own hands and put Palace pretty much out of the race.

As it stands it is very interesting. I stand by my predicition that Watford will get it. If Leeds don't get it, I want Palace to get it. A win for Palace away at Derby on the weekend will not be bad, because they will take more momentum into their home game with Watford on the 31st.

It's difficult to predict states of mind, and the various permutations that can occur but at the end of it if you look at it cold:

Sheff U - 75 from 39
    ----------
    Watford - 72 from 39
    Leeds - 71 from 39
    Palace - 67 from 39

Every fixture is key, but these are IMO the most important 2 for each team:
    Crystal Palace v Watford
    Sheff Utd v Crystal Palace
    Sheff Utd v Leeds
    Leeds v Reading
    Wolves v Watford
    Yep..those fixtures are big games. Glad our games there are right at the end so we have a few games before them to get more points with improved form.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Leeds has the easiest then
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Norwich and Burnley tonight on Sky Sports 3 i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl1982)
    Norwich and Burnley tonight on Sky Sports 3 i think.
    Cool. Should be an interesting match.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Burnley 1-0 up so far, its harming Norwich's chances, they should have had 4 by 20 minutes.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    correction 2-0 to burlney now

ReputationRep:
    Unless Brighton and/or Wolves score in the last 10 mins or so I think we are going down 7 points from 6 games is possible, 9 from 6 the way we are playing will be difficult. 4 Points (if Wolves somehow win and we score) will do nicely.

Unless of course we can pull off some kind of miracle in the last 6 games.

ReputationRep:
    Grimsby fans, where are you?
    What a result.

ReputationRep:
    Good results today for everyone who shares there thoughts on here.

ReputationRep:
    Wohoo!!!!! Better results today than have had for a while from Blades point of view. Delighted to get back to winning ways and hope it continues on saturday at Stoke.

Well done to Reading too.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Another much-needed win for Wednesday - away to Wolves They thrashed us at Hillsborough in December so nice to get our revenge

Some unexpected results today - Crewe beating Coventry 4-1, Millwall winning against Watford - although obviously I wanted them both to lose... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well done to Reading - looking forward to seeing you play Villa!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAndWhiteOwl)
    Another much-needed win for Wednesday - away to Wolves They thrashed us at Hillsborough in December so nice to get our revenge

Some unexpected results today - Crewe beating Coventry 4-1, Millwall winning against Watford - although obviously I wanted them both to lose... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well done to Reading - looking forward to seeing you play Villa!
    Great result that, at Wolves.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Well done to Reading. Fully deserved.

I vowed to never want a team to go down but for Southampton to meekly surrender to our rivals twice in a week is hard to take. They deserve some sort of come uppance for that.

My beloved Leeds are off the pace and off the boil at a crucial stage of the season - there is no easier fixture in the league than Stoke at home and we blew a wonderful chance to win a fixture. I can't see Sheff U dropping points in their next two games and so it seems auto promotion will be a tough ask. But Watford aren't out of it.

I suppose, all still to play for. Well done to Wednesday, Milwall and Crewe for some wonderful unexpected victories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAJ1)
    Well done to Reading. Fully deserved.

I vowed to never want a team to go down but for Southampton to meekly surrender to our rivals twice in a week is hard to take. They deserve some sort of come uppance for that.

My beloved Leeds are off the pace and off the boil at a crucial stage of the season - there is no easier fixture in the league than Stoke at home and we blew a wonderful chance to win a fixture. I can't see Sheff U dropping points in their next two games and so it seems auto promotion will be a tough ask. But Watford aren't out of it.

I suppose, all still to play for. Well done to Wednesday, Milwall and Crewe for some wonderful unexpected victories
    :eek:
    We play Stoke (team that held you to a draw away) at their place and then Hull at home. Anything can happen. :cool:

Gem
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Surely the blades won't bottle it now 6 point lead with 6 games to go.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, could happen knowing us. :eek:

Gem

ReputationRep:
    And if they do, there might be another derby to look forward to... (with a different result this time :rolleyes: ) Its going to be close but I think they might just do it this time

ReputationRep:
    Not if Wednesday get relegated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Not if Wednesday get relegated
    I said MIGHT happen and in this league, anything can.....but I have faith and I believe we will stay up.

ReputationRep:
    We play Stoke (team that held you to a draw away) at their place and then Hull at home.
    Which is exactly why I said I couldn't see you dropping points. Stoke are a dire side, absolutely dire, most other teams would have beaten us on Saturday, and their home record is one of the worst in the division. As for Hull.. they seem safe so there isn't much to play for, o except next week, when they play us at the Kingston Communications stadium (lol)- all the 'small' clubs love trying to beat us. Sigh.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.