The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hope Palace live to regret all the mind games they've been trying. Although as Malky said "Half the team talk is done"
Want to get though to the final so bad! Could be our 4th time in wembley in 5 years!
Original post by Rock Fan
These referees are just not consistent enough. Tonight should be interesting in the Championship.

Yep, should be a good game.
Just ordered my tickets for Huddersfield away on Valentines night. The OH has always wanted to spend that night watching the Blades I am sure! :biggrin: Going to be a big game.
Southampton away tonight - always has the same outcome - we don't score, and a dour game ends in a win for them.

Derby fan here! 6 unbeaten games in a row now against top opposition. Hopefully can build on this momentum and who knows, possibly sneak into the playoffs! :biggrin:

Just bought my tickets for this weekend's game against Stoke as well! Planning on getting Forest tickets too so I'm going to have literally no money for the next few weeks :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Well in Leicester.
Tables looking good with all the teams we're competing with yet to come to the fortress that is St. Andrews. Going to be a good few months whatever happens.
Original post by Alofleicester
Southampton away tonight - always has the same outcome - we don't score, and a dour game ends in a win for them.

Bit different tonight then. :eek::biggrin:
Just a little. Only the third win we've ever managed at Southampton, first win at St. Marys and first time we've scored there since 2002.

Very happy with that result, played well and if we can keep performing at the level we have past couple of games, we could hit the play-offs as the team in form - which usually bodes quite well.
Great goal by David Nugent tonight
Hope Palace can pull it off tonight!! :smile:
New Stevenage manager to be unveiled during a press conference at 11am tomorrow! :biggrin: Quite excited in a way. No sign as to who it is but Gary Smith remains the favourite.
nerv!!! cmoooon cardifffff
Original post by Introvert2020
New Stevenage manager to be unveiled during a press conference at 11am tomorrow! :biggrin: Quite excited in a way. No sign as to who it is but Gary Smith remains the favourite.

Hopefully it's distracting you guys tonight. :p: Stevenage 0 - 1 MK Dons. :biggrin: Though it sounds like we kind of robbed this lead - keeper error after you had a great chance in the first minute. (I'm listening on BBC 3CR. :smile:)
Original post by alex_hk90
Hopefully it's distracting you guys tonight. :p: Stevenage 0 - 1 MK Dons. :biggrin: Though it sounds like we kind of robbed this lead - keeper error after you had a great chance in the first minute. (I'm listening on BBC 3CR. :smile:)

Tempted fate there - down to 10 men and now a goal down. :frown:
Tempted fate there - down to 10 men and now a goal down. :frown:

It's a funny old game :tongue:
Original post by original_username
It's a funny old game :tongue:

Indeed - make that two goals down. :sigh:

I was at the game tonight, and I always stand right by the corner flag as the ground is pretty compact so where I stand I'm about six inches from the wing, every now and again an incident flares up right by me, that came in handy today!

Maybe to say you robbed the lead isn't quite true, the ball was knocked about for a minute or so, Stevenage had a meaningful half-chance and then the Dons immediately countered and took advantage of poor defending (generally, not just the goalkeeper) to slot in. From there, Stevenage had most of the possession but weren't creating anything meaningful for essentially the entire half except for the equaliser.

Second-half was a bit more open until the sending off. Now, earlier in the game Mathias Doumbe handled the ball on the ground which was his original booking, he was adamant he was fouled (I didn't see any to be honest) but rules are rules and he stopped the play with a deliberate handball so it had to be a yellow. The red card challenge is why I mentioned my position, the entire thing happened about the same distance as between me and my computer screen now, and the clatter was pretty loud, he got nowhere near the ball, and I'd say a second yellow was right. I love these moments because you hear exactly what's going on, what they are saying to the ref, etc. Always amuses me. :biggrin:

By then you simply couldn't cope with our wing play and our crossing, we scored immediately from the free-kick (Luke Freeman got three assists again today, he's been an absolute steal), and then straight after went for the same wing with the same result. Your players seemed to give up by that point even though there was a good 20/25 minutes to play, and even when you got one back the heads were down, which is what allowed us to get another.

I'd say Boro deserved that, to be honest. :biggrin: Also, the BBC report suggests Gary Smith was there, surely it is him after all to replace Graham Westley.
Wembley :biggrin:
http://www.stevenagefc.com/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10839~2588007,00.html

Gary Smith confirmed as new Stevenage manager :smile:

Very encouraged by this. The Sun (not the best source I know) indicates that Steve Guppy, who played for us for a season towards the end of his career, will be his assistant manager (as he was at Colorado Rapids) and Nigel Winterburn will be coach.
Steve Guppy as assistant Manager?

I have a sudden loving of Stevenage.

Ohh he had the best left foot I ever saw...
Original post by Introvert2020
I was at the game tonight, and I always stand right by the corner flag as the ground is pretty compact so where I stand I'm about six inches from the wing, every now and again an incident flares up right by me, that came in handy today!

Maybe to say you robbed the lead isn't quite true, the ball was knocked about for a minute or so, Stevenage had a meaningful half-chance and then the Dons immediately countered and took advantage of poor defending (generally, not just the goalkeeper) to slot in. From there, Stevenage had most of the possession but weren't creating anything meaningful for essentially the entire half except for the equaliser.

Second-half was a bit more open until the sending off. Now, earlier in the game Mathias Doumbe handled the ball on the ground which was his original booking, he was adamant he was fouled (I didn't see any to be honest) but rules are rules and he stopped the play with a deliberate handball so it had to be a yellow. The red card challenge is why I mentioned my position, the entire thing happened about the same distance as between me and my computer screen now, and the clatter was pretty loud, he got nowhere near the ball, and I'd say a second yellow was right. I love these moments because you hear exactly what's going on, what they are saying to the ref, etc. Always amuses me. :biggrin:

By then you simply couldn't cope with our wing play and our crossing, we scored immediately from the free-kick (Luke Freeman got three assists again today, he's been an absolute steal), and then straight after went for the same wing with the same result. Your players seemed to give up by that point even though there was a good 20/25 minutes to play, and even when you got one back the heads were down, which is what allowed us to get another.

I'd say Boro deserved that, to be honest. :biggrin: Also, the BBC report suggests Gary Smith was there, surely it is him after all to replace Graham Westley.

Ah right, thanks for the report. :smile:

Latest