Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The Wednesday come from behind to.beat Millwall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheese_Monster)
    Oxford 2-1 Plymouth, oh yeahhhh! Nice free kick though to Plymouth's credit.
    Top of the league at the moment on goal difference. Long may it continue. Early days, but not a bad start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxfordGoBrach)
    Top of the league at the moment on goal difference. Long may it continue. Early days, but not a bad start.
    Fantastic start, though we need to stop sitting back after we score goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxfordGoBrach)

Fantastic start, though we need to stop sitting back after we score goals.
    How well do you fancy your chances against Leeds on Tuesday. Reckon we will probably rest a few and give some youngsters a game. Can't say I know much about your team although Capaldi used to play for us and was useless and of cause Duberry but I see he's injured at the minute.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think it wasn't as bad as people think. We were solid defensively from open play, they were only going to score from a set piece. Injuries to Smalley and JFC at half time and Cox (before the game) made it worse I think. Plymouth's manager made it hard for us by capitalising on the weakness to the midfield that the injuries were giving us in the second half, to be fair to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LUFC Tom)
    How well do you fancy your chances against Leeds on Tuesday. Reckon we will probably rest a few and give some youngsters a game. Can't say I know much about your team although Capaldi used to play for us and was useless and of cause Duberry but I see he's injured at the minute.
    We're obviously underdogs and frankly more focused on the league (as virtually everyone at this level is). But that said, I imagine we'll think we might as well go for it as there's no pressure to win and we could get a good draw if we do (and some cash). If we do that vs your youngsters we might have a chance perhaps.

Basically for our league anyway we're very good defensively (Capaldi has been good for us so far as it happens), midfield is good now, better than last season, though injuries at the weekend might make us weaker there when we play you, and up front we're quite good but not great, though looking better than last season.

Looking at your squad though I can't see you not winning in all honesty.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we stand much chance of an upset but i'm sure Chris Wilder will field our first team and set the team out to attack. On our day we can match the biggest teams, our weak spot is we often lose to smaller teams so in some ways we have a chance. We don't really know much about Capaldi at the minute, although he is a decent player from what i've seen. Duberry is a fan favourite even now, but his injury has sett him back and we have two more competent defenders in Wright and Raynes as a partnership. Are you going to the game?

As you say, I can't imagine you field your regular starters, which hopefully gives us a chance.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Loat)
    Yeovil top of league 1, enjoying it while I can
    Wow good start, mind you I remember them making the play offs few years back and upsetting Nottingham Forest after being 3-0 down on aggregate at one point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Wow good start, mind you I remember them making the play offs few years back and upsetting Nottingham Forest after being 3-0 down on aggregate at one point.
    That game against Forest was amazing, just because when journalists write articles about their decline, losing to Yeovil is the ultimate low point

The messiah Gary Johnson has returned, and we are now an unstoppable force.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we stand much chance of an upset but i'm sure Chris Wilder will field our first team and set the team out to attack. On our day we can match the biggest teams, our weak spot is we often lose to smaller teams so in some ways we have a chance. We don't really know much about Capaldi at the minute, although he is a decent player from what i've seen. Duberry is a fan favourite even now, but his injury has sett him back and we have two more competent defenders in Wright and Raynes as a partnership. Are you going to the game?

As you say, I can't imagine you field your regular starters, which hopefully gives us a chance.
    Yes I am off to the game. Overall I would imagine we will rest a few but our squads quite small so there is not that much rotating to be done.

ReputationRep:
    Billy Sharp signed on loan for Forest. Great signing for them.

ReputationRep:
    Back to the bread and butter of the league tomorrow! York away, another 3 points would be the perfect tonic after the midweek cup exit to Leeds...

ReputationRep:
    Billy Sharp signed on loan for Forest. Great signing for them.
    Yeah, I'm a Derby fan and I'm really not looking forward to playing them now. Cox and Sharp are going to tear our defence apart

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few good signings for a few Championship clubs on deadline day. Except Leeds of cause :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    What a comeback from the Bees. :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    3-3 not a bad result after been 2-0 down kind of frustrating though as we looked to have it won at 3-2.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Comfortable 2-0 home win for MK, we should've scored more but I'll take that any day. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    5-3, cracking game but 2 dodgy defences!!! Happy with the 3 points though.

ReputationRep:
    Stopped the rot thanks to a posh OG.
    Despite all the pessimism we are sat on the same amount of points after 4 games as we were under Hughton at this point last season so I'm hopeful Clark will come good.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    First defeat for Sheffield Wednesday against Crystal Palace.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.