Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Gexko)
We're going down :eek:

Well; we might...

Carlisle league 2 winners: was obvious from early february.
Blimey - you ain't been on here for ages!
Oxford could be going down! Torquay won 4-0 tonight :eek:

Barnet still in a bit of bother considering we have Stockport and Rushden coming up. That will ultimately decide the season and everyone elses around us. I would call that crucial, but Oxford :laugh:

They have Leyton Orient at home and Wrexham away (teams that are both doing well - but both without anything to fight for now). I think Barnet need just a point whereas Oxford need 3.

Good luck :top:
Pseudomuse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by walshie)

Barnet still in a bit of bother considering we have Stockport and Rushden coming up. That will ultimately decide the season and everyone elses around us. I would call that crucial, but Oxford :laugh:

They have Leyton Orient at home and Wrexham away (teams that are both doing well - but both without anything to fight for now). I think Barnet need just a point whereas Oxford need 3.

if torquey get out of that, then that would be absolutly amazing. they looked dead and buried ages ago
parag
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm positively beaming
Gexko
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by walshie)

We have to win to stay up nice and simple.

Unfortunately, thanks to Orient drawing on saturday they need to win to definitely get playoffs.

We're screwed.
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You are indeed; screwed.
Branet have Rushden next week, so no help there as there is nothing to lose and the manager is already planning on swapping his players around for trialists. All will want to impress. The relegation fight accounts for so many teams. Amazing finale.

Torquay - Ian Atkins no matter how many people hate him should be paid respect for that! Wow.

I think it will be: Stockport and Oxford to be relegated personally. Sorry bud
Seabiscuit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Leyton Orient 2-1 Peterborough. GET. IN.

Leyton Orient are on the verge of automatic promotion for the first time in 30 years! The mood at the Orient is absolutely buzzing at the moment.

Next Saturday will be massive. Oxford need to win to stay up and we need a win to go up. We're definitely in pole position for promotion as Macclesfield did us a favour against Grimsby and they need to beat Northampton!

I'll be at Oxford with 4,000 other Orient fans ready to celebrate but then again, if we lose to Oxford and Northampton win, they'll be 12,000 people going mad at the Kassam...
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I really hope Stockport do stay up. Saturdays game is gonna be a nervous one even though I don't really support them.

Can't wait for the play offs in all 3 leagues.

Gem
AAJ1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Looking massively forward to Leeds v Preston on Friday, don't think I will be able to enjoy the playoffs as I normally do though.

League 1 relegation battle looks v. interesting. I'm hoping that the MK dons can stay up given my new found affinity for them. Forest still in with a playoff shout. Very interesting weekend.
As has been mentioned the Os look good for promotion from Lge 2. Btw Anyone seen Football's hardest away days on Sky Three? Quality show.
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by AAJ1)
Looking massively forward to Leeds v Preston on Friday, don't think I will be able to enjoy the playoffs as I normally do though.

League 1 relegation battle looks v. interesting. I'm hoping that the MK dons can stay up given my new found affinity for them. Forest still in with a playoff shout. Very interesting weekend.
As has been mentioned the Os look good for promotion from Lge 2. Btw Anyone seen Football's hardest away days on Sky Three? Quality show.
From experience, I can say you definitely won't!
Funny you should mention that programme on sky three...saw it for the first time the other day!

Gem
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Okay peeps you ain't gonna like what I am going to do at the end of the season but it is necessary to ease the load on the server.

After much discussion amongst the team we are going to purge several large threads.

This includes this one.

So when the last match in Championship et all has been played this thread will close and The Ultimate Lower League Football Thread MK II will open.

It means ease of searches and will be more upto date. The other alternative was to move/spilt the thread and I didn't think this would be appropriate.
Auditt123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
come on wycombe, in the playoffs! we're coming back up. shame we wasted our top of the table position, only cos nathan tyson went to forrest. if we do go back up it will be great considering the two emotional setbacks the team has received this year (mark philo car crash and john gorman's wife)
completely random
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That's awful whats happened to Wycombe, they're a good team and I'd like to see them go up. Saw them at the Causeway in August for a friendly against Villa and I was impressed, so good luck to them.
Bring on the play-offs - all of them - can't wait to see how they turn out.
Seabiscuit
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Auditt123)
come on wycombe, in the playoffs! we're coming back up. shame we wasted our top of the table position, only cos nathan tyson went to forrest. if we do go back up it will be great considering the two emotional setbacks the team has received this year (mark philo car crash and john gorman's wife)
The loss of Nathan Tyson had absolutely nothing to do with Wycombes sudden loss of form mate. I'd say its more down to Gorman's personal problems more than anything because they are definitely one of the best football sides in the division along with Orient and Northampton even without Tyson.

'm hoping that the MK dons can stay up given my new found affinity for them
How can any reasonable football fan have any sort of affinity for a 'club' such as MK Dons? They do not even deserve to be in the league and so I wish them a swift exit and out of business. Its not right that a club like Notts County is facing relegation when MK Dons are still in the league.

Back to my first love Orient though, the Oxford promotion/relegation decider is a sellout. Unfortunate if you haven't got your ticket yet because this is going to a match to remember for both sides. I've got my ticket already. Its definitely the most important match in the Football League this weekend and I can hardly wait.

Watch the Orient episode of Football's Hardest Away Days - i'm on it! :eek:
ukpatsfan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I really hope that the Mighty Magpies can stay up by beating Bury on Saturday, but somewhere in the deepest darkest recesses of my gut I have a feeling that we've blown it. Whatever happens, we're going to be in complete turmoil during the close-season with only 2 (yes, 2!) players still under contract. I wonder how many quality players will want to join us if we are in the Conference?

Dave (Notts fan 'til I die)
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Preston currently 1-0 up at Elland Road in the first leg of the play offs.

Gem
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
1-1 :p:
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Come on Preston!

Still, a draw or even a 1 goal loss is still ok going into the home leg.

Gem
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It'll be a draw deffers.
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It had indeed finished 1-1.

Gem
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oxford look like they may be going down into the Conference :p:

Notts Count are losing though, and if Oxford get their win in the next 30, they'll be safe

Barnet are winning - wooHoo!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads