Dingle bells, Dingle bells
    about time though, took us long enough.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Dingle bells, Dingle bells
    about time though, took us long enough.
    Something in common for Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday, both won away this weekend after a while without a win.

ReputationRep:
    Brentford have been doing wonderfully this season. I really hope they can perpetuate this form for the remainder of the season; to see them in the Championship would be superb after the Butcher era.

We might need Paul Hayes to step up, though. Clayton Donaldson does seem to be shouldering a lot of the goalscoring burden.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Brentford have surprised a few people this season but it is good to see them up there, wonder how Harry Forrester is getting on there.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Another win for MK this weekend - just 2 points off top at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Just bought tickets for Derby/Hull at Pride Park (£15 for a ticket + a pint voucher - not bad at all!). I can see us winning this one as well, we've been so strong at home and have done well against the top teams this season. It helps that Sone Aluko is out injured as well :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Something in common for Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday, both won away this weekend after a while without a win.
    Great stuff! Though I still very much fear for Wednesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Just bought tickets for Derby/Hull at Pride Park (£15 for a ticket + a pint voucher - not bad at all!). I can see us winning this one as well, we've been so strong at home and have done well against the top teams this season. It helps that Sone Aluko is out injured as well :P
    Sone Aluko (may) be back for this game, its unsure yet but we're the best team on the road in the Championship which is really common for us really but we haven't lost to Derby for a while, so we'll be expecting 3 points as will Steve Bruce.

Derby 0-2 Hull i reckon, Friday night game so not sure how many Tigers fans will turn up, a decent following i reckon since its a Friday and not Tuesday
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin)
    Great stuff! Though I still very much fear for Wednesday!
    Yeah they still have big problems I feel, didn't help they pretty much changed the team at the start of the season, they need to do something in January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KGW)
    Sone Aluko (may) be back for this game, its unsure yet but we're the best team on the road in the Championship which is really common for us really but we haven't lost to Derby for a while, so we'll be expecting 3 points as will Steve Bruce.

Derby 0-2 Hull i reckon, Friday night game so not sure how many Tigers fans will turn up, a decent following i reckon since its a Friday and not Tuesday
    Nah, don't think you'll keep a clean sheet against us tbh. It will be a close game either way, a 2-1 sort of scoreline.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Millwall beating Brighton at the moment and Rotherham are 2 up in a cup replay against Notts County

ReputationRep:
    ****ing Brentford.

ReputationRep:
    Tranmere have finally be usurped from the top of League One by Sheffield United after failing to win in 5 games including losing 5-0 to Swindon on Friday. Shows how inconsistent the League is since Tranmere have never really been a long way ahead. It's starting to get a bit congested up at the top too, 4 points separate the top 6. Couldn't even guess who's going to get automatic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KGW)

Looks like you guys won in the end. Told you it would be a 2-1 as well. Wasn't massively impressed with Hull tbh, thought they were very much "anti-football" (i.e. didn't come to play their football, just came to stop us playing ours). Fair play though, took the 2 chances you had all game and took away the 3 points. Only the 2nd team to come to Pride Park and do so this season.

Edit - Reading this, it does make me sound bitter. I am not, these are just honest observations

ReputationRep:
    Any Torquay fans on this thread?
    Shame the game was called off this weekend, could have been a good derby too.

Yes, you guessed right, I'm a Villa fan aswell...hahaha very funny 8-0... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Gianfranco Zola's Barmy Army won 2-0 against Nottingham Forest, nice and happy heading into Christmas! 6th place having started awfully. Who knows, promotion looks a strong possibility for Watford in my opinion.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wednesday managed a second straight win over Charlton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Looks like you guys won in the end. Told you it would be a 2-1 as well. Wasn't massively impressed with Hull tbh, thought they were very much "anti-football" (i.e. didn't come to play their football, just came to stop us playing ours). Fair play though, took the 2 chances you had all game and took away the 3 points. Only the 2nd team to come to Pride Park and do so this season.

Edit - Reading this, it does make me sound bitter. I am not, these are just honest observations
    We had a bad game i thought, very lucky to get the points but with players who can score throughout and the best away record in the league i can see how we won...makes you the tenth side this season who havent beat us after we scored first.

2nd in the league and pundits finally tipping us to go up, cant think of a better way to go into christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KGW)
    We had a bad game i thought, very lucky to get the points but with players who can score throughout and the best away record in the league i can see how we won...makes you the tenth side this season who havent beat us after we scored first.

2nd in the league and pundits finally tipping us to go up, cant think of a better way to go into christmas.
    Can absolutely see why you've got the best away record in the league. Definitely wasn't pretty but got the job done. Wish Derby were more like that away from Pride Park

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.