Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got a couple of 'Udders fans so I've been a couple of times there, and also watched them kick Wednesday's arse at Hillsborough in September (pretty satisfying for me!)

Re MA, he was a highly regarded coach at the Baggies, I know someone who used to work at West Brom, and he said Appleton did a super job there, and did the majority of the coaching. The quote given to me was that Appleton was actually cleverer than XXXXX, with XXXXX being the manager at the time!

At Pompey, he didn't do disastrously I'd say, Mourinho couldn't have done too much of a better job in all honestly, and he's not really got going at Blackpool so hard to say there.

Didn't really surprise me when I heard, this is Blackburn after all. Was it last week that Shebby Singh said they would stick with the caretaker Bower until the end of the month. Presumably he realised that the Transfer Window shuts then, so the new manager couldn't bring anyone in.

Really, you can be a successful businessman, but why do people think this makes you a good person to make the decisions at a football club??!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Ah well you're fine then as long as you can do a few favours for your brothers! They should be able to get two tickets each, I think. The Chelsea game has got to be worth coming back from Oxford for!
    Hmm, I'm sure if that is the case I can persuade them to get me one - I certainly would return from Oxford, as I doubt I'd ever get another opportunity to see my two favorite sides play competitively...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billyblademan)
    Any Blades out there?

...Nope, thought not :cool:
    Hello!

Are you going to the game Saturday?

ReputationRep:
    ipswichblade posts in here sometimes, but I think she's just moved house so she isn't around all that much.
    Busy house hunting at the moment but will be back soon more often!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    Hello!

Are you going to the game Saturday?
    Hullo ipswichblade

Unfortunately not, I'm going back to uni (in Sheffield!) on Saturday, which may sound like perfect timing, but me Mum wants to see us off, so it's a no go.

First home game I've missed in ages as well, but hey ho. Got my first away game of the season lined up against Bury.

Do you go to many? How come your based down South? (I presume you are anyway!)

ReputationRep:
    Hullo ipswichblade

Unfortunately not, I'm going back to uni (in Sheffield!) on Saturday, which may sound like perfect timing, but me Mum wants to see us off, so it's a no go.

First home game I've missed in ages as well, but hey ho. Got my first away game of the season lined up against Bury.

Do you go to many? How come your based down South? (I presume you are anyway!)
    Haha, where do you live then? I am from Leeds but family from Sheffield. Just finished my degree at Worcester Uni but haven't lived in Yorkshire since 2007! Moving to near Cambridge area of East Anglia next month too so it's all go!

I don't get to many now with living so far away. Managed 2 home games this season (Notts County and Tranmere) and 2 away games (Crawley and Bristol Rovers in FA CUP!) but hoping to do a few more before the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like our RB John Brayford might be off to Cardiff

It's all over Twitter and it looks like he wasn't at training today. The last time this sort of thing happened, we sold Jason Shackell for a criminally low fee. This is going to be a much bigger blow though as the guy's pretty much the face of this club. He's a proper Cloughie-type player (young and brought up from the lower leagues) and is one of our most experienced players.

I hope Kieron Freeman can adequately replace him.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Some big games to look out for, got two yorkshire derby games, Hull v Sheffield Wednesday (which is live on sky) and Leeds v Barnsley, tomorrow night we have Wolves v Blackburn also on sky which is Dean Saunders' first game in charge of Wolves. In League one the Blades are home to Yeovil while MK Dons face Bury. I wonder how many Morecombe fans will be going down to Plymouth, that is such a long trip

ReputationRep:
    Karl Darlow recalled from his loan at Walsall today to play against Peterborough on Saturday. Glad he's finally getting his chance, he deserves it. Lee Camp should be off this month. I'd love it if no PL club actually want him though and he rots in our reserves until the end of the season the miserable ****.

Also brought in Elliot Ward on loan again. This time until the end of the season with a view to make it permanent. Gonzalo Jara also brought in from West Brom on loan until the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    Haha, where do you live then? I am from Leeds but family from Sheffield. Just finished my degree at Worcester Uni but haven't lived in Yorkshire since 2007! Moving to near Cambridge area of East Anglia next month too so it's all go!

I don't get to many now with living so far away. Managed 2 home games this season (Notts County and Tranmere) and 2 away games (Crawley and Bristol Rovers in FA CUP!) but hoping to do a few more before the end of the season.
    Gosh. What was your degree? Similarly to you, my family is from Sheff, we currently live near Nottingham (Newark to be precise). Uni house in Walkley.

My first Blades away game since Huddersfield, and that's excluding Wembley sorry I had to bring that up!

Speaking of long away trips, I've done a few with the Millers this season, including Fleetwood on a Tuesday night, and amazingly Exeter! It was during the floods in November as well down there, so we nearly got stuck down South (shudders...)

Oldham away tomorrow. Horrible place. I'll still be going though!

ReputationRep:
    Gosh. What was your degree? Similarly to you, my family is from Sheff, we currently live near Nottingham (Newark to be precise). Uni house in Walkley.

My first Blades away game since Huddersfield, and that's excluding Wembley sorry I had to bring that up!

Speaking of long away trips, I've done a few with the Millers this season, including Fleetwood on a Tuesday night, and amazingly Exeter! It was during the floods in November as well down there, so we nearly got stuck down South (shudders...)
    My degree was primary education so now looking for primary teaching jobs in a new area as I am a qualified primary teacher.

I see. Wish I was going tomorrow! Instead, I will be taking in a new ground with Ipswich as they are playing at Cardiff! I am trying to do all 92 grounds before I am 30!

ReputationRep:
    Oh nice. What's made you want to go to Cambridge?

One of my friends is a PHD students (Roth fan), and he's set to do his 100th next month, and has made it Sheffield FC.

I'm probably on about 10, embarrassingly low, but there you go. Last season all I did was Bramall Lane one Saturday, and the the Don Valley for the Millers the next, so didn't really expand there! But managed to do 25 games or so.

ReputationRep:
    Oldham away tomorrow. Horrible place. I'll still be going though!
    The joys of a lower league football fan. There was a debate on the Blades forum this week about Premier League V lower league. Obviously, we all want our teams to get promotion, but visiting proper grounds such as Oldham etc. is what footballs about surely!! The real football experience!

That's a decent trek for you mate. Enjoy yoursen, although hopefully the Bees will come back empty handed, as you're catching us up quite rapidly!

ReputationRep:
    Evenin' all Leicester fan here.. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenite)
    Evenin' all Leicester fan here.. :cool:
    Hiya mate.

Saw Leicester this season beat Huddersfield at Huddersfield back in October. Your midfielder with the funny name (beginning with L) ran the show, scoring two, including a donkey kick!

Looked a decent team that night. Good result at Cardiff couple of weeks ago if my memory's correct?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya mate.

Saw Leicester this season beat Huddersfield at Huddersfield back in October. Your midfielder with the funny name (beginning with L) ran the show, scoring two, including a donkey kick!

Looked a decent team that night. Good result at Cardiff couple of weeks ago if my memory's correct?
    Think that L is a typo mate, the player you're thinking of is Knockaert Awesome signing for us so far, not had a player with that sort of ability in a long while. Not the most consistent, mind, but when he's playing well it's great to watch. That goal at Huddersfield was simply awesome, and then he went and got another two when they came to ours on New Years. Second one there was an absolute beaut as well! Knocky seems to like the terriers, so the cup game in a few weeks could be fun for him..

We lost at home against Cardiff a few weeks back, despite being on top for the whole game by most accounts, so not quite a great result. Gonna be paying them back in a few weeks time when we make the trip across the border
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hiya mate.

Wouldn't say we've got a midfielder with a funny name beginning with L, we've got Lloyd Dyer - who's more funny in appearance (his legs and body are so out of proportion to each other it's unreal) and it was Knockaert who took them apart that night. Absolute quality player - I'm struggling to think of anyone in the past 20 years who's come close to the skill he's shown... (at Leicester obviously).

Erm, we got beat 1-0 at home by Cardiff - so no, not really.

ReputationRep:
    Discuss

ReputationRep:
    Disgracefully run from top to bottom. Feel bad for the fans, having been through a fair amount of **** from owners before as a Palace fan. Apparently when the chicken men took over, they didn't even realise you could be relegated from the BPL. It's a shame clueless owners come in and taint our game (yes, I'm looking at you too Abramovic).

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.