Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't think 3-0 flatters us in the slightest. From where i was sitting, block U6, row 26, seat 23! it looked as though we should have had a few more! i completely agree with aidy when he says we won't go straight down! i think we will be right up there with the top teams! when it happens remember i said it here first!
    E I E I E I O
    Up the premier league we go
    when we're all in europe this is what we'll sing
    we've got marlon, we've got marlon, we've got marlon king!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, its good to see a lower league thread, eventhough im not too sure if im eligible to post, considering my team, Oxford United, got relegated out of the league and into the jungle that is the Conference. Its good to see a few other Yellows on the forum aswell. Hopefully we'll bounce back next season - I'd rather have got relegted with Merry than have stayed up with Kassam, the future is looking up behind the scenes, hopefully the players will do the job aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Go England!

ReputationRep:
    Great to see a thread dedicated to the real footballing leagues in this country - I'm a Bradford City fan and I'm looking forward to the new season and our opening game against Nottingham Forest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brains)
    Great to see a thread dedicated to the real footballing leagues in this country - I'm a Bradford City fan and I'm looking forward to the new season and our opening game against Nottingham Forest
    Should be a good one. Didn't you finish last season with that same fixture?

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Indeed we did, and we drew 1-1. It was at Valley Parade instead of The City Ground though. That happened to us a couple of times the other year. When we won Liverpool to stay up in the Premiership, our first fixture of the next year was at Anfield. Then we finished at Coventry and our first home match was against Cov. Strange. Anyway I hope we can pull the finger out and play to the best of our abilities this year, and hopefully disgrace the team from down the road with our league position... maybe

ReputationRep:
    Indeed we did, and we drew 1-1. It was at Valley Parade instead of The City Ground though. That happened to us a couple of times the other year. When we won Liverpool to stay up in the Premiership, our first fixture of the next year was at Anfield. Then we finished at Coventry and our first home match was against Cov. Strange. Anyway I hope we can pull the finger out and play to the best of our abilities this year, and hopefully disgrace the team from down the road with our league position... maybe
    I've been to Valley Parade 3 times and the Blades have won each time including a 5-0 thrashing . Also went with mate a few years back when you beat Stockport 3-1 or something.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Don't think I was there for the 5-0 thrashing :laugh: Been to Bramall Lane twice though. Once when we drew 2-2 in 2001, Jess and Tod scored for us and then the season before the season before last when you beat us 2-0 soon after Gray had moved :rolleyes: I think I remember the game you were referring to, March of the season before last? I think Schumacher scored, don't know about the other two scorers though. I like Bramall Lane, the time I went the second time was when it was really windy - I don't know if you remember that day but there was someone killed at Leicester. I was in the upper tier of your away stand and I thought I was going to fall out

ReputationRep:
    Don't think I was there for the 5-0 thrashing :laugh: Been to Bramall Lane twice though. Once when we drew 2-2 in 2001, Jess and Tod scored for us and then the season before the season before last when you beat us 2-0 soon after Gray had moved :rolleyes: I think I remember the game you were referring to, March of the season before last? I think Schumacher scored, don't know about the other two scorers though. I like Bramall Lane, the time I went the second time was when it was really windy - I don't know if you remember that day but there was someone killed at Leicester. I was in the upper tier of your away stand and I thought I was going to fall out
    I remember the 2-2 draw quite well. Good game I suppose.

Don't remember it being really windy though at a game.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    It was the windiest day I can remember - I went on the supporter's coach and we were swaying, it was awful. The skylight on the player's coach blew off or something and there was a lorry overturned on the M1 :eek: I hate conditions like that though cause the ball is all over the place. So are you a season-ticket holder at United?

ReputationRep:
    It was the windiest day I can remember - I went on the supporter's coach and we were swaying, it was awful. The skylight on the player's coach blew off or something and there was a lorry overturned on the M1 :eek: I hate conditions like that though cause the ball is all over the place. So are you a season-ticket holder at United?
    I am indeed. Had one for about 6 years or so now.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Has there been a big price-hike is ticket prices? I mean since promotion. Just wondered because ticket prices in football are horrendous.

ReputationRep:
    Has there been a big price-hike is ticket prices? I mean since promotion. Just wondered because ticket prices in football are horrendous.
    Not at all especially for those who had them last season but even those who didn't aren't paying much more. Mine went up just £20 to £219 for a student season ticket, on the most expensive stand.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    That's good then. I can't afford a season-ticket this year :bawling: so I have to face £18 when I want to go. Some places are awful, the other year I went to Millwall for the last game of the season and it was £25 for a Championship match that didn't mean anything. Some places still charge upwards of £20 for what is effectively third division football. Grrr.

Whoo my 100th post

ReputationRep:
    That's good then. I can't afford a season-ticket this year :bawling: so I have to face £18 when I want to go. Some places are awful, the other year I went to Millwall for the last game of the season and it was £25 for a Championship match that didn't mean anything. Some places still charge upwards of £20 for what is effectively third division football. Grrr.

Whoo my 100th post
    Yeah, I find the prices in football a disgrace to be honest and it is just to give players higher wages. I am refusing to go to some games next season even if at the time, I can afford it. Take Chelsea and Arsenal...2 games where we will definiely lose, 2 games that are far away so there are transport costs and 2 clubs where the players are on thousands and thousands a week. Like I've said before on here, I'd rather give another club the money that day. Might go to Bradford even as it is close by and a lot cheaper.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be at every Blades game next season and when I'm not it is going to feel weird after missing just 1 match all last season.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean about it feeling weird. It's been such a constant part of my life, going at least once a fortnight and now it'll be like once every month :rolleyes:

You'll have to go to Bradford for your fix of lower league football now that you'll be bored week in week out by Premiership monotony

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean about it feeling weird. It's been such a constant part of my life, going at least once a fortnight and now it'll be like once every month :rolleyes:

You'll have to go to Bradford for your fix of lower league football now that you'll be bored week in week out by Premiership monotony
    True.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Or you could follow Ronaldo round the country and throw stones at him.

Please make sure you give him abuse when he gets to Bramall Lane - for us that don't have the voice of Premiership crowds.

ReputationRep:
    Or you could follow Ronaldo round the country and throw stones at him.

Please make sure you give him abuse when he gets to Bramall Lane - for us that don't have the voice of Premiership crowds.
    I will.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    True.

Gem

Not forgetting Rotherham, Donny, and Huddersfield of course :rolleyes:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.