Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin)
    Sheff U still have automatic promotion in their own hands; I still think they will do it.
    I still think you're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    I can imagine that your emotion shifted from :party: to :cry2: in the space of 50 minutes.
    Something like that. I should know not to expect anything from them anyway :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomRowland4)
    Who does everyone think will get relegated from Championship. At one point Sheff Wed were in ninth when they went 1 up against leeds, but are now 16th.

Personally i think the current bottom will go, but everyone will move up and down and it'll go to the last day. Peterborough's form will see them through and they've played well in important games so far.
    Ironically I think ourselves (Wolves) will go down with the 3 little pigs, and probably still Huddersfield.

ReputationRep:
    Mk Dons another season in league 1 it looks like i just hope we don't lose some of the key players :'(
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by KamikazeTwist)
    Mk Dons another season in league 1 it looks like i just hope we don't lose some of the key players :'(
    You've had an odd season, started brightly, faded away, then seem to come back into it. Guess now it will be hard to make the play offs.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by KamikazeTwist)
    Indeed. Just not consistent enough this year. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Think I'm right in saying if Brentford win all their games then they're champions?amazing achievement for them. Usually after around 20 games you can tell which team will be fighting relegation or promotion. Yet here we are with 4 games left in the championship many teams could still finish 22nd or 9th, unbelievable!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tickets to the Cardiff game against Charlton. Absolutely buzzing. Draw will seal the deal.

(Original post by smallguy)
    Think I'm right in saying if Brentford win all their games then they're champions?amazing achievement for them. Usually after around 20 games you can tell which team will be fighting relegation or promotion. Yet here we are with 4 games left in the championship many teams could still finish 22nd or 9th, unbelievable!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, because we're playing Doncaster at home on the last day. It's ridiculously exciting. Need a win at Bramall Lane tomorrow night first though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Yep, because we're playing Doncaster at home on the last day. It's ridiculously exciting. Need a win at Bramall Lane tomorrow night first though.
    This time last week I would have said we had no chance of beating you but we certainly do after the change of managers. Saturday was a lot of peoples favourite game of the season and the change of passion, tactics and confidence was there to see. Morgan hasn't been giving enough imo sadly but we can make it interesting by putting pressure on the teams around us starting tomorrow night.

Shame I can't make the game. But, the postponement has probably meant we will get a better result tomorrow night!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Full championship program tonight, Blackburn and Huddersfield is the one that really stands out , Cardiff could clinch promotion as well if Watford fail to win. Also a big game in League one between Sheffield United and Brentford. In League two it is the rearranged game between Torquay and Barnet.

Barnsley v Derby 19:45
    Blackburn v Huddersfield 19:45
    Bristol City v Birmingham 19:45
    Cardiff v Charlton 19:45
    Ipswich v Crystal Palace 19:45
    Leeds United v Burnley 19:45
    Leicester v Bolton 19:45
    Middlesbrough v Nottm Forest 19:45
    Millwall v Watford 19:45
    Peterborough v Brighton 19:45
    Wolves v Hull 19:45
    Blackpool v Sheff Wed 20:00

League One
    Bury v Scunthorpe 19:45
    Colchester v MK Dons 19:45
    Oldham v Yeovil 19:45
    Sheff Utd v Brentford 19:45
    Swindon v Crewe 19:45

League Two
    Aldershot v Southend 19:45
    Bradford v Rotherham 19:45
    Chesterfield v Plymouth 19:45
    Torquay v Barnet 19:45
    Wycombe v Northampton 19:45

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Cardiff could clinch promotion as well if Watford fail to win.
    Even if Watford win, a point's good enough for Cardiff.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Even if Watford win, a point's good enough for Cardiff.
    This is true long as long as Cardiff don't lose then it won't matter what Watford do

Just bought my ticket for the Donny game next Saturday. I'm going to be a messy bag of nerves until 5pm that day. Starting now. I've completely fallen apart ahead of travelling to Sheffield tonight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    This is true long as long as Cardiff don't lose then it won't matter what Watford do
    Pitch invasion planned if there's a draw

ReputationRep:
    Clubs relegated from the Premier League will receive in excess of £60m over a four-year period from next season after the Premier League agreed new parachute payments for the next three years.

The Premier League is yet to confirm the exact figure, while the issue of solidarity payments to the Football League clubs is still to be finalised.

Clubs relegated to the Championship currently receive £48m over four years.

Anyone else think this is nuts? Basically means clubs relegated get a £15mil advantage over rivals.

Tbh I don't quite understand why parachute payments are so large?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Clubs relegated from the Premier League will receive in excess of £60m over a four-year period from next season after the Premier League agreed new parachute payments for the next three years.

The Premier League is yet to confirm the exact figure, while the issue of solidarity payments to the Football League clubs is still to be finalised.

Clubs relegated to the Championship currently receive £48m over four years.

Anyone else think this is nuts? Basically means clubs relegated get a £15mil advantage over rivals.

Tbh I don't quite understand why parachute payments are so large?
    I'd imagine it is something to do with teams not being able to rapidly reduce their wage bill in their 1st season or so and without the TV money ect from playing in the prem.

Can't wait for the game tonight. Tough away fixture at Leicester, right now I'd love a point and for Cardiff to win so that our fixture has no meaning to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    I'd imagine it is something to do with teams not being able to rapidly reduce their wage bill in their 1st season or so and without the TV money ect from playing in the prem.

Can't wait for the game tonight. Tough away fixture at Leicester, right now I'd love a point and for Cardiff to win so that our fixture has no meaning to them.
    Just make it a league rule that all contracts must have a relegation clause which kicks in if relegated?

ReputationRep:
    The Wolves vs The Tigers tonight - Sadly we lost our bite sometime ago, and tonights a bit of a last change saloon

ReputationRep:
    There WILL be 2 welsh teams in the PL next season.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.