The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bring on Notts County at home in the season opener!! That's the intro for David Weir's blades revival, a top 2 finish is a must for the upcoming season!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I expect Newport to pull some surprises this season

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kirstyasfc
just signed up for the student room, just exploring, thought it was gunna be all premier league teams on here, glad i found this! love football league football! :smile:

may get some sarcasm for this but i support Accrington, have done all my life :smile: who do you all support?:smile:

Nowt wrong with Accrington Stanley :smile:. I have a bit of a soft spot for them, as my team down in England is PNE and I always look out for the Lancashire clubs (even the Donkey Botherers at Blackpoo) :colone:. My first love is Celtic though, as they have always been my first team since I could remember.
I see that the M55 Derby, PNE v Donkey Botherers, is now being played on Monday 5th August, 7.45pm KO, and it is being shown on Sky. I'm obviously going to be biased, but I can see PNE giving them a right stuffing, Blackpoo only have nine players on there books at the moment.
Reply 9064
Burnley vs Bolton the first championship game of the season on Sky at 12.15 on the first day of the season.
Oh great we are on TV away to Morecambe for more public humiliation. Can they not just leave us alone for a season!
Fixtures out, so excited already for the new season :biggrin:

Really hope I can get to at least one Wednesday game this season, and AFC Bournemouth too if I can (if not when they play each other :biggrin:)
Reply 9067
Away at Burnley live on sky, week 1. Keen.
Reply 9068
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
I expect Newport to pull some surprises this season

Posted from TSR Mobile

Decent Manager, Aaron O'Conner and Christian Jolley will be ones to look out for. They have an owner called "Lotto Les" But doesn't invest too much in to the club. Should be able to stay up but I don't think they will be up there.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Oh great we are on TV away to Morecambe for more public humiliation. Can they not just leave us alone for a season!

Don't worry, since moving into their IKEA-like stadium, Morecambe have a dismal home record. I live near Morecambe and when my team (Blackburn Rovers) are away, I go in the away end at Morecambe to support the away team
So a Wolves fan put Jamie O'Hara on ebay. They really don't like him do they :laugh:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/22/disgruntled-wolves-fan-attempts-to-sell-jamie-ohara-on-ebay-3852016/?
Original post by sr90
So a Wolves fan put Jamie O'Hara on ebay. They really don't like him do they :laugh:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/22/disgruntled-wolves-fan-attempts-to-sell-jamie-ohara-on-ebay-3852016/?

But he's premier league class as he tells us all on a daily basis! (I wouldn't even bid 20p)
Gus Poyet's been sacked on live TV.
Original post by Scott129

Whether or not he should continue as Seagulls manager, there is a proper way to sack anyone and it should be done in person. Shame on what I understood to be a club that had improved compared with the days of Belotti and Archer.
Original post by barnetlad
Whether or not he should continue as Seagulls manager, there is a proper way to sack anyone and it should be done in person. Shame on what I understood to be a club that had improved compared with the days of Belotti and Archer.

Try telling the Venky's what the proper way to sack a manager is! They haven't sacked anyone face to face and sacked our MD at the football league AGM a few weeks ago. Unbelievable. Its not quite as bad as but it's still embarrassing as a Rovers fan!
Original post by Scott129

I don't understand this whole thing at all, I thought he was doing a good job there :confused: Must have been something pretty bad if there was a month long disciplinary.
Yeah, he was doing a fantastic job, I always considered Brighton as role models for the correct way to play football.

But then he and his coaching staff got suspended after the play-offs. I'd love to know what for because it obviously led to this. Nothing performance-related about it.
I'm beginning to feel positive for the first time since the play-off final. We've really strengthened. Very happy to see us sign Will Grigg and tie Forshaw and Bidwell down to contracts. Maybe next season...?
Rumour has it that Poyet launched into a tirade against the board at the end of the season, obviously that is just a rumour.
Original post by Jangrafess
I'm beginning to feel positive for the first time since the play-off final. We've really strengthened. Very happy to see us sign Will Grigg and tie Forshaw and Bidwell down to contracts. Maybe next season...?

Glad to hear it. I am feeling the same. :biggrin: Would love us and you to be top 2 next season.

Latest