Turn on thread page Beta

Confidence took a bit of a knock today as Simon Moore's gone to Cardiff. We had a German lad on trial - second tallest professional footballer in the world - but we've decided not to sign him as a replacement, leaving us with unproven or dodgy keepers. I hope it's worth the risk. The rest of our team looks really solid. First game of the season for me will be Sheffield United at home on the 10th, I'm down for my Mum's birthday but she'll understand!

Looking forward to the weekend in a big way!

ReputationRep:
    I'm both excited and nervous for this weekend now!

We're at home to Blackburn on the Sunday and also on Sky. And, whilst I'm fairly confident of a win, any team that has Jordan Rhodes in is going to be a challenge.

First game as a season ticket holder too, so I'm hoping we can carry over our home form from last year! :lol:

Okay, that was just a blip. We've signed GK David Button, who looks to be a reasonable replacement for League One level and also Ben Nugent on loan from Cardiff, which is hopefully really good news! He played a decent number of games for them last season and should be the final piece of our defence. Bring on Port Vale.

ReputationRep:
    92Live on Sky Sports News has been fantastic so far!

ReputationRep:
    It's match day!

Come on you Blades!!!!!!!

Very excited that the season is starting!

ReputationRep:
    I can't see right now how anyone can not feel sorry for Coventry. 15 points deducted now? A real shame, I'm not too well informed on the matter but I've been to Coventry and sat with their fans and they're a really good bunch. I've never really liked seeing teams get deducted points, heck, I even felt a bit of remorse when Luton got deducted 30.

ReputationRep:
    Okay the exile of Henry, Johnson and Ward was understandable. However Kenny sending more of our players to train with the under 21s is only going to leave our squad incredibly thin ...

ReputationRep:
    Match predictions for tonight?

I'm going 2-1 Sheffield United.

ReputationRep:
    Haha what a **** challenge. How do you even try and argue that isn't a red.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    I can't see right now how anyone can not feel sorry for Coventry. 15 points deducted now? A real shame, I'm not too well informed on the matter but I've been to Coventry and sat with their fans and they're a really good bunch. I've never really liked seeing teams get deducted points, heck, I even felt a bit of remorse when Luton got deducted 30.
    I'm so sick of it, I really am. The Football League have stood by and just let it happen but couldn't wait to get together to decide on how many points to take off for an arbitrary reason. ACL, SISU, the League, you are all responsible for the destruction of my club in one way or another and, on a personal note to the League, you have lost a fan in me.

Complete ****ers the lot of them.

ReputationRep:
    On a side note good luck to all fans of teams who haven't been shafted by their owners and the Football League over the summer. I envy the lot of you for being able just to look forward to the new season knowing you have your own ground to play in, have been able to sign players and won't be fielding a team of children.

I am completely disinterested as a result of this summer's events and for the first time in a long time won't be looking out for 'Coventry''s result but hope they get royally tonked every week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)

Boom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)

If you are always that accurate, get yourself down to the bookies, or give us your predictions for the season.

Do you think Barnet will be promoted from the Conference?

ReputationRep:
    Really excited now. That first game of the season feeling.

Setting off for Middlesbrough in a couple of hours, really hope we return with three points. Tough start.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Midlander)
    I'm so sick of it, I really am. The Football League have stood by and just let it happen but couldn't wait to get together to decide on how many points to take off for an arbitrary reason. ACL, SISU, the League, you are all responsible for the destruction of my club in one way or another and, on a personal note to the League, you have lost a fan in me.

Complete ****ers the lot of them.
    Wouldn't be so quick to blame ACL - from what I understand they were happy to accept relatively low rents, they just got fed up of being messed around by SISU and unfortunately you guys were collateral damage.

Unfortunately I can't see Coventry finishing the season, I expect this time next year to be talking about a rebel club set up by the fans in the Midland Alliance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Feeling It could be Northamptons year in league two. The play off final was a disappointment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Wouldn't be so quick to blame ACL - from what I understand they were happy to accept relatively low rents, they just got fed up of being messed around by SISU and unfortunately you guys were collateral damage.

Unfortunately I can't see Coventry finishing the season, I expect this time next year to be talking about a rebel club set up by the fans in the Midland Alliance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Without being funny SLF I think I know a bit more about the goings on at my own club. With Limited liquidated the lease that went with it is also gone-this clears any legal barrier to offering a deal to Otium/Holdings as well as barring any good reason from SISU not to talk.

Won't be writing the obituaries on Coventry just yet although it is tempting for all the outsiders who suddenly have decided to give a damn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Feeling It could be Northamptons year in league two. The play off final was a disappointment

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, the extra money we're giving them will come in handy too. Earn promotion and help destroy a club in the process.

ReputationRep:
    Its annoying slightly for me since I live near sixfields and I frequent at their retail park. It'll be busy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.