Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    5-1 win for Derby at Millwall.

Loads of crowd trouble though, with cans and other objects being thrown at our players. Apparently, a fan even ran on to the pitch, squared up to two of our players, pushed Cloughie and then got chased away by our first-team coach. They really don't help themselves with improving their image :rolleyes:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Scott129)
    5-1 win for Derby at Millwall.

Loads of crowd trouble though, with cans and other objects being thrown at our players. Apparently, a fan even ran on to the pitch, squared up to two of our players, pushed Cloughie and then got chased away by our first-team coach. They really don't help themselves with improving their image :rolleyes:
    What the ****? Absolute disgrace that, hope the FA throw the book at them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kado)
    Looking like a pretty bleak season for the Blades. Every week I pray the previous week was just teething problems since we've got a good number of new and young players and still we lose. The only positive is it sounded like we played better football for longer than previous matches.

Credit to Carlisle though, winning without a manager.
    Gutted that you lot signed Jose Baxter. Apparently it was only for 150k so you got him for a snip of what he's worth. Should easily be playing in the Championship.

Another bad day for Oldham though. Conceded yet another penalty. But can take plenty of positives in defeat. Once we stop making silly mistakes and really start to understand each other (this is a young, new team after all) then I think we can do surprisingly well this season.

One thing though - I usually love our fans, they seem to have a cracking sense of humour. But chanting "murderers" at South Yorkshire police at Rotherham today was just insensitive and bloody stupid.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Pretty chuffed with yesterday, 2-0 win against wigan. Need to see the highlights, but I've read Coyle was less than impressed with the decision for our penalty...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldham_fran)
    Gutted that you lot signed Jose Baxter. Apparently it was only for 150k so you got him for a snip of what he's worth. Should easily be playing in the Championship.
    Can't imagine he's too pleased with his decision either given we've now dropped into the relegation zone.

On a related note, despite their problems, Coventry are now out of the relegation zone after beating Gillingham 2-1. Would be 5th if it weren't for the 10 point deficit.

ReputationRep:
    How we beat Swindon yesterday I'll never know. Yet it's this type of result that pleases me more for our young Wolves, only Leyton Orient have started better in the whole football league, so very pleased with Mr Potato!

ReputationRep:
    Big top of the table clash between Oxford and Chesterfield this weekend......!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sheffield United have signed Marlon King, why on earth do clubs keep employing this oxygen thief?

ReputationRep:
    Watford remain going from strength to strength in this league, glad to see our players looking like they can play together more and more each week. Top scorers in the Championship already, just about sorting the defence out now, once that's sorted I think we'll be a very hard team to beat.

ReputationRep:
    Reading!!!

Looking good this season, almost every season in our History we were in the relegation zone for the first 15 matches, considering how we are doing now it's looking good.

ReputationRep:
    will Wednesday or Bolton get their first wins of the season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbk4894)
    will Wednesday or Bolton get their first wins of the season?
    Wouldn't count on it, Wednesday have the confidence of a stage frightened child at the moment and patience is drying up fast.

ReputationRep:
    9 games, 23 points. Happy as Larry. Or should I say Happy as Harry? No? Ok I'll leave now.

ReputationRep:
    Nigel Clough sacked and Tony Pulis favourite to take over.

Not entirely sure how I feel about it all. The dream was always for Derby to be promoted with a manager who's Derby through and through (which Clough is) but I guess that's not going to happen now. Pulis gets results at this level but I honestly think I'd rather watch good football as opposed to ugly football that scrapes wins.

Also feel genuinely sorry for Nigel. With very limited funds, he did the absolute best he could. Such a nice guy too

ReputationRep:
    Another fantastic weekend for Sheffield football, could be on for a Steel City double this season. Double relegation that is.

At least the Blades were playing a lot better, just lacking any threat up front and our defence still needs work. Don't know about the Owls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Nigel Clough sacked and Tony Pulis favourite to take over.

Not entirely sure how I feel about it all. The dream was always for Derby to be promoted with a manager who's Derby through and through (which Clough is) but I guess that's not going to happen now. Pulis gets results at this level but I honestly think I'd rather watch good football as opposed to ugly football that scrapes wins.

Also feel genuinely sorry for Nigel. With very limited funds, he did the absolute best he could. Such a nice guy too
    The sacking was an absolute joke. I'm not sure what they expect the new guy to do. Clough has improved them year on year with literally no money. Terrible decision by Derby.

ReputationRep:
    In all our matches this season we haven't conceded in the first half yet! Not playing well but winning is a good sign

Clough sacking was ridiculous too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kado)
    Another fantastic weekend for Sheffield football, could be on for a Steel City double this season. Double relegation that is.

At least the Blades were playing a lot better, just lacking any threat up front and our defence still needs work. Don't know about the Owls.
    From what i've heard from my exile at university we played well for the first 45 minutes again and then threw it down the drain again. Either way I think Wednesday could be having a manager change soon.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I can't see Dave Jones staying if Wednesday lose the next one, unforgivable result really losing at home to Doncaster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I can't see Dave Jones staying if Wednesday lose the next one, unforgivable result really losing at home to Doncaster.
    I can't see David Weir lasting much longer at United either. Despite the fact we've not won all season, we have only lost four matches, where as United have lost 7 in their last 8. United's fans are notoriously quick to jump on the sack the manager bandwagon but in this case its very understandable, neither Sheffield side has been bottom of the third tier in decades.

Wednesday apparently played well v Donny and lost, we've no chance of getting anything at Brighton and were set to take our lowest away following in years apparently. United fans think they are set for their lowest league home game in a few years too on Friday.

Both sides have serious issues, although I think were more likely to drop, Barnsley and Bolton are down there with us, we've got both away in a row, in a few weeks, a win at Barnsley in Dec last year ended a 7 match losing run which was part of a longer run of just 8 points from a possible 54, 2 wins, 2 draws and 14 defeats. If we get beat by Barnsley then we may as well count ourselves down.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.