The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Game abandoned at Hillsborough tonight with many calling the rain our MOM :lol: nice to have a bit of luck every now and then, even more so when your losing :wink:

I actually went to the match tonight as it was only a tenner, up until the game got called off Wednesday were pretty poor although just before it actually got called off, they started to show some fight. Best moment was several lads at the front of the kop took their shirts off and started dancing.
Reply 9621
ITFC just announced signing of Ebanks Blake, thoughts on this? Think top 6 a real possibility with this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smallguy
ITFC just announced signing of Ebanks Blake, thoughts on this? Think top 6 a real possibility with this!

Fantastic player and goalscorer he was for us, be interesting to see his level of match fitness though..
Original post by smallguy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol no. Too many teams that are simply better than Ipswich for them to get play-offs. Top 8 maybe.
I'm not sure Ebanks Blake can bounce back to his full form :no: watch him prove me wrong now.

Original post by Rock Fan
I actually went to the match tonight as it was only a tenner, up until the game got called off Wednesday were pretty poor although just before it actually got called off, they started to show some fight. Best moment was several lads at the front of the kop took their shirts off and started dancing.

I did see that :lol: was most amusing.
Leeds need a real quality defender. They can score goals, but we don't half let some in as well. Big game with Barnsley on Saturday, bottom of the league, new manager, they'll probably beat us.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I'm not sure Ebanks Blake can bounce back to his full form :no: watch him prove me wrong now.

I did see that :lol: was most amusing.

What was amusing as well that many Wednesday fans said the man of the match was the weather.
Apparently Brentford are set to move to a new 20,000 seater stadium by the 2016/17 season. Anyway another busy weekend off football.

Friday League One
Tranmere v Gillingham 19:45

League Two
Exeter v Chesterfield 19:45
Southend v Rochdale 19:45

Saturday
Championship
QPR v Leicester 12:15
Birmingham v Nottm Forest 15:00
Bolton v Charlton 15:00
Brighton v Huddersfield 15:00
Burnley v Blackpool 15:00
Derby v Doncaster 15:00
Ipswich v Watford 15:00
Leeds v Barnsley 15:00
Reading v Wigan 15:00
Sheff Wed v Bournemouth 15:00
Yeovil v Blackburn 15:00
Millwall v Middlesbrough 17:30

Sat 21 Dec 2013 - League One
Crewe v Shrewsbury 15:00
Leyton Orient v Crawley 15:00
MK Dons v Port Vale 15:00
Notts County v Bristol City 15:00
Oldham v Colchester 15:00
Peterborough v Bradford 15:00
Preston v Brentford 15:00
Rotherham v Wolves 15:00
Stevenage v Sheff Utd 15:00
Swindon v Coventry 15:00
Walsall v Carlisle 15:00

League Two
Bristol Rovers v Portsmouth 15:00
Dag & Red v Torquay 15:00
Fleetwood v Cheltenham 15:00
Hartlepool v Burton 15:00
Mansfield v Accrington 15:00
Newport v Wimbledon 15:00
Northampton v Wycombe 15:00
Plymouth v Bury 15:00
Scunthorpe v Morecambe 15:00
York v Oxford Utd 15:00
Sat 21 Dec 2013 - League One
Crewe v Shrewsbury 15:00
Leyton Orient v Crawley 15:00
MK Dons v Port Vale 15:00
Notts County v Bristol City 15:00
Oldham v Colchester 15:00
Peterborough v Bradford 15:00
Preston v Brentford 15:00
Rotherham v Wolves 15:00
Stevenage v Sheff Utd 15:00
Swindon v Coventry 15:00
Walsall v Carlisle 15:00

Going to be at the MK game tomorrow. :smile: Hoping for a resurgent Christmas period to get us back into play-off contention. :crossedf:
Saturday
Championship
QPR v Leicester 12:15
Birmingham v Nottm Forest 15:00
Bolton v Charlton 15:00
Brighton v Huddersfield 15:00
Burnley v Blackpool 15:00
Derby v Doncaster 15:00
Ipswich v Watford 15:00
Leeds v Barnsley 15:00
Reading v Wigan 15:00
Sheff Wed v Bournemouth 15:00
Yeovil v Blackburn 15:00
Millwall v Middlesbrough 17:30

Bolded teams are my predictions. Draws are those with no bolded teams.

Don't know enough about the other leagues to do the same with those :colondollar:
Original post by alex_hk90
Going to be at the MK game tomorrow. :smile: Hoping for a resurgent Christmas period to get us back into play-off contention. :crossedf:

You should comfortably beat Port Vale

Original post by Scott129
Bolded teams are my predictions. Draws are those with no bolded teams.

Don't know enough about the other leagues to do the same with those :colondollar:

Leeds could be an interesting one being it is a Yorkshire derby and with Barnsley having a new manager, but on paper Leeds should win.
Leeds could be an interesting one being it is a Yorkshire derby and with Barnsley having a new manager, but on paper Leeds should win.

I wouldn't put money on it. We never do well against Yorkshire teams, despite beating Doncaster 0-3 last week.

Apparently we have some money to spend in January as well.
QPR's stewards are awful. 4 minutes stopped play due to a squirrel they just stood and watched. Nugent chases it off and into them and they leave it to run back on...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ref is even worse - studded lunge only a yellow, barging players in the back fine... Giving qpr everything yet they feel aggrieved when we actually get a decision? Ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Ref is even worse - studded lunge only a yellow, barging players in the back fine... Giving qpr everything yet they feel aggrieved when we actually get a decision? Ridiculous

Everything about QPR is exactly that. Glad you lot are winning.

Aye, that and the Millwall/Boro game were the most difficult to predict.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Everything about QPR is exactly that. Glad you lot are winning.

Aye, playing up or bust this season tbh, and a 40k stadium? Fail to see the point, they hardly filled loftus road week in week out in the prem.

Still, wouldn't be unfair to say they should be ahead, real smash and grab thus far, like Cardiff did to us this time last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fastest I've seen Nuge move all season...
You should comfortably beat Port Vale

Back from the game - you were right. :smile:
Thoughts on Reading this year?

Latest