Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue n white army)
    Yeah I was proud of the team. I think after their third goal we were straight up the other end trying to create something, under kean we would have gone into damage limitation mode, I'd rather lose 5-0 taking the game to the opponent than losing 2-0 with 11 men behind the ball.

I know he was only on for 5mins but I was quite impressed with young conor mahoney. We wasn't afraid to run at kolarov and try a step over before putting in a half decent cross. He then tracked back and hussled for the ball. As i say it was only 5mins but he seemed confident and the big occasion didn't seem to phase him.
    Yeah, a good day out for me and my friends who I went with (not all were Rovers fans) enjoyed it as well. What was the atmosphere like on telly? It isn't always as good as being there. I was surprised at how little noise the City fans made, it's like they've turned inti a team for tourists.

You can't really tell much from a cameo appearance like that but he didn't do himself any harm by playing without any fear. Beattie (Accy manager whilst Mahoney was there) said that 1st teamers were standing off him in training in case he made them look like a mug haha. Beattie also said he'd have played more if Accy weren't struggling as much as well which is a great compliment to him. The only thing he needs now is a song!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    More of the David-Goliath battle. The bankrupt club without a home against one of the best teams incthe country. Makes for a hell of a story if you win.
    We aren't bankrupt and are without a home out of choice rather than eviction...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brocklehurst95)
    Yeah, a good day out for me and my friends who I went with (not all were Rovers fans) enjoyed it as well. What was the atmosphere like on telly? It isn't always as good as being there. I was surprised at how little noise the City fans made, it's like they've turned inti a team for tourists.

You can't really tell much from a cameo appearance like that but he didn't do himself any harm by playing without any fear. Beattie (Accy manager whilst Mahoney was there) said that 1st teamers were standing off him in training in case he made them look like a mug haha. Beattie also said he'd have played more if Accy weren't struggling as much as well which is a great compliment to him. The only thing he needs now is a song!
    Good atmosphere you could hear the blackburn fans a lot more than the city fans. Rovers fans can make some noise though. I went to the riverside to watch boro v rovers trouble is I was in with the boro fans cos i went with my GFs family (who are boro supporters and they were paying). Think we only took around 400 to that game but they pumped out a fair noise, I wanted to join in but thought better of it :P.

I've read that beattie wanted him back on loan but bowyer had him earmarked for the first team. I wonder if that means we'll be seeing a bit more of him towards the end of this season? I'd say it's a bit risky if we're pushing for the playoffs.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Smash and grab win from Leicester today against Leeds. Word on Doncaster though, superb 3-0 win against Wigan. Ask for poor Bolton, getting smashed 7-1 by Reading.

ReputationRep:
    Franck Moussa-take a bow. He has scored a good 3 or 4 goal of the season contenders and today's was exceptional!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bert Williams aged 93 ex Wolves and also won 30 caps for England has passed away

ReputationRep:
    A true legend of our club - R.I.P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue n white army)
    Good atmosphere you could hear the blackburn fans a lot more than the city fans. Rovers fans can make some noise though. I went to the riverside to watch boro v rovers trouble is I was in with the boro fans cos i went with my GFs family (who are boro supporters and they were paying). Think we only took around 400 to that game but they pumped out a fair noise, I wanted to join in but thought better of it :P.

I've read that beattie wanted him back on loan but bowyer had him earmarked for the first team. I wonder if that means we'll be seeing a bit more of him towards the end of this season? I'd say it's a bit risky if we're pushing for the playoffs.
    I'm glad we made a good impression, especially after all the undeserved bad press Rovers fans got a few years ago. Haha thankfully I've never had to watch Rovers from the opposing stand, must've been well tempting to start singing haha. My dad once went in the Burnley end to watch Rovers once because all Rovers tickets had sold out. Wouldn't have wanted to know what might've happened if one of the Burnley fans saw his Rovers scarf under his coat haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad we made a good impression, especially after all the undeserved bad press Rovers fans got a few years ago. Haha thankfully I've never had to watch Rovers from the opposing stand, must've been well tempting to start singing haha. My dad once went in the Burnley end to watch Rovers once because all Rovers tickets had sold out. Wouldn't have wanted to know what might've happened if one of the Burnley fans saw his Rovers scarf under his coat haha
    What's the latest with the chicken men?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    What's the latest with the chicken men?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They've quitened down a bit. Seem to let the manager and directors do the business instead of Shebby Singh. They've made some big mistakes but finally they've learnt something- keep out of it and just provide the club with money. To be fair to them, they've at least put some money in for youth facilities and have stumped up with the money we needed for Cairney and Gestede. Although without much more investment, I can see us just levelling off in this division

ReputationRep:
    They've quitened down a bit. Seem to let the manager and directors do the business instead of Shebby Singh. They've made some big mistakes but finally they've learnt something- keep out of it and just provide the club with money. To be fair to them, they've at least put some money in for youth facilities and have stumped up with the money we needed for Cairney and Gestede. Although without much more investment, I can see us just levelling off in this division
    Do you want a sustainable club or one up to its eyes in chicken debt chasing the dream? Probably better off being stable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you want a sustainable club or one up to its eyes in chicken debt chasing the dream? Probably better off being stable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Of course I want to have a stable club, but we were a stable club before they turned up. Just their stupid fault we ended up in this mess

ReputationRep:
    Of course I want to have a stable club, but we were a stable club before they turned up. Just their stupid fault we ended up in this mess
    To be honest clubs like Blackburn were just fresh versions of clubs like Coventry in being a division too high but doing alright for themselves. Stoke, Fulham and co are enjoying that now and it'll be some other teams in a few years time.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Tragic really when a club like Blackburn was being well run and going ok in the Premier League only to end up with owners taking over who have no clue, happened so many times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Tragic really when a club like Blackburn was being well run and going ok in the Premier League only to end up with owners taking over who have no clue, happened so many times.
    I think, even taking the tinted glasses out of it, Coventry's case is the most farcical of them all and puts the biggest shame onto football's authorities for doing nothing to stop it. What they allowed with Wimbledon was shocking enough but they're sure enough letting it happen again and just caving into whatever the owners tell them.

English football is pathetic.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's making a mockery of the fit for persons test.

ReputationRep:
    It's making a mockery of the fit for persons test.
    Every football fan needs to read this-it was an open fans forum held tonight for Coventry fans with the people appointed to oversee this supposed new stadium we're building. FOI requests made by the supporters' trust have shown the club's directors to have been openly dishonest even about the councils they've approached, let alone building sites.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...an-sky-6531911
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Every football fan needs to read this-it was an open fans forum held tonight for Coventry fans with the people appointed to oversee this supposed new stadium we're building. FOI requests made by the supporters' trust have shown the club's directors to have been openly dishonest even about the councils they've approached, let alone building sites.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...an-sky-6531911
    What a complete mess the whole saga is.

ReputationRep:
    What a complete mess the whole saga is.
    It makes me so angry at the way football is in England-people are too happy with their van Persie shirts to remember what being a football fan was really about. The Germans have never forgotten it and that is why they are streets ahead of us domestically and internationally-SISU and Venky's would never have had done what they have done if we were following the German system.

ReputationRep:
    It makes me so angry at the way football is in England-people are too happy with their van Persie shirts to remember what being a football fan was really about. The Germans have never forgotten it and that is why they are streets ahead of us domestically and internationally-SISU and Venky's would never have had done what they have done if we were following the German system.
    I agree with you, which, as a Watford fan, makes me so pleased that the Pozzo's have a system in place which removes any chance of instability from the club (aside from the current on field problems). Whilst it comes across as cheating to fans of every other club, I'd much rather achieve success whilst staying entirely self sustainable than run up massive debts with clueless owners choosing business over football.

Apropos Germany; whilst the first tier of the Bundesliga is a dominant example of a professional football league, both 2. and 3. Liga suffer from serious monetary problems with - I think - 3 clubs folding at the close of last season. The strength of B teams means smaller teams struggle for competition. I do like the fact that, before every season, clubs have to reapply for a license to be able to play in the league; if failed, they can then spend the season sorting out any off field problems without the need to focus on football matters.

As a fan, would you rather Coventry had not been playing football at all this season, if they could have everything fixed and sorted by next season?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.