The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well it was a result neither Wednesday or Plymouth wanted.
Brentford cement their place in the midtable of League Two with a 2-2 draw against Bradford. This sums up our season really.
Shame Brentford couldn't make it up this season, I enjoy away days at Griffin Park. Even if we invariably come away with nothing..!
Fiery West Yorkshire derby at the minute, although no score between Huddersfield and Leeds, two players have been red carded. My mate's at the game and apparantly the ref is a joke.

Hull look like going second as they are winning 2-0 over Barnsley.
West Brom and Hull have knocked Stoke out of the automatic promotion places.
GET IN!

Wolves 0-1 West Brom, two points clear at the top as a result of beating the hated rivals on their own turf. :biggrin:

Promotion is far from secure, it's never over till it's over in this league, but that is a HUGE win. Guaranteeing ourselves a playoff place at worse is a plus too.
Forest assured of playoff place :afraid:
Great result for West Brom, but that surely kills off Wolverhampton's play off hopes. Hull put a good performance against Barnsley, leaving Barnsley still in trouble.

While Huddersfield beat Leeds United, apparantly there is already scuffling outside the ground according to my friend.
Carlos The Villan
Great result for West Brom, but that surely kills off Wolverhampton's play off hopes.
Wolves still have a game in hand at home to Cardiff.
Oh right well suppose if they beat Cardiff, they might still have a chance.
Reply 1790
its getting edgey at the top of the champ, we need 7 points to be guaranteed automatice from 3 games, Im hoping to see the albion beat norwich this weekend, Stoke and Bristol yet to play, hoping for a draw and hoping that Ipswich can maintain their almost perfect home record on the final day against Hull! Someones got to drop points, hoping its not Albion!
If Ipswich's away record was as good as their home record, they'd be champions.
Carlos The Villan
If Ipswich's away record was as good as their home record, they'd be champions.

Thing is though...it isn't, and they won't be. Such is the way with football, too many "what if?" questions. What keeps it beautiful IMO.
This is true, still think they have a good chance of least finishing in the play offs.
Kevin Phillips is a class act. I want West Brom to get promoted because they play some good stuff and deserve it over the course of the season.
Kevin Phillips is a real legend, only problem for West Brom is if they get promoted, they need sort that defence out because otherwise they'll come straight down again.
Reply 1796
Carlos The Villan
Kevin Phillips is a real legend, only problem for West Brom is if they get promoted, they need sort that defence out because otherwise they'll come straight down again.

Thats true, but think of it another way, what are the most expensive players? Strikers. So by getting an excess of strikers who can make it in the premiership, and a decent enough midfield, it jsut leaves shot stoppers and big men infront, who are a fair bit cheaper initally. So the bulk of the premiership money can go on boosting the defence, if we get there that is!
Reply 1797
Huddersifeld Town selling next year's Season Tickets for just £100- bargain!
OH my mate will be chuffed about that, she's a season ticket holder with Huddersfield.
Carlos The Villan

The set-piece situation is baffling to say the least. We've spent money on our defending nearly equal to that on attack: Barnett £3m, Albrechtson way back £2.5m, Pele £1m, Hoefkens £1m, add to that Robinson, Clement and Cesar and there is no way those players should be unable to deal with every corner in the Championship. It's not a case of being so attack-minded that the players are too far forward to deal with them, these are set-pieces where everyone knows their role, or you'd think so anyway.

Kiely more or less has to go, the crowd are on his back which is never a good sign, he is supposed to be marshalling them at corners which presumably he isn't, and his kicking is frightening at times. I'd keep Robbo at left back, sign a stronger right-back (I like Hoefkens but not so much for hsi defensive play), at least one very experienced centre back coming in as well - would love a Sol Campbell.

Latest