Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    scottish

hehe But Scottish women go to high....It's horrid "ehh? ehh? ehh? ehh? ehh?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobias)
    lol - ye i agree.. its funny though.

I think the Liverpool or irish is great!! It meks me laugh wen someone talks 2 me from there.
    I lovethe amerian acent though - no one ebats that.
    I think the yorkshire old accent is nice u no wen old people talk it with all the sayings they have.

ReputationRep:
    i don't have an accent. although you would be able to tell i'm from the north, you just can't tell where abouts.

ReputationRep:
    well im talking about the male scots

of course, no one oculd ever beat the american accent! its so zany!

ReputationRep:
    well im talking about the male scots

of course, no one oculd ever beat the american accent! its so zany!

eeeeeek sorry, but the American accent is a bit annoying...Too annoying...It's so high-pitched and whiney....Coincidence only but I do like some Southern accents...Can't remember whether it's boys or girls though...

ReputationRep:
    eeeeeek sorry, but the American accent is a bit annoying...Too annoying...It's so high-pitched and whiney....Coincidence only but I do like some Southern accents...Can't remember whether it's boys or girls though...
    i dont talk high pitched! and im not whiney!

ReputationRep:
    Ne 1 can put on an american accent, my grans really good at doing it and she aint even english. Irish accents are sexy and warm

ReputationRep:
    most likely girls......i can talk southern if im out in the country or with my friends, otherwise, at home i talk like the people you hear in films....

ReputationRep:
    most likely girls......i can talk southern if im out in the country or with my friends, otherwise, at home i talk like the people you hear in films....
    So u change the way u talk depending where u are??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpAnIsH_fLy)
    So u change the way u talk depending where u are??
    oh yeah, my family is from california, so naturally, at home, i speak like my family. my friends are in texas, so naturally, when im with them, i speak like im from texas.......

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah, my family is from california, so naturally, at home, i speak like my family. my friends are in texas, so naturally, when im with them, i speak like im from texas.......
    is it common?

ReputationRep:
    is it common?
    is that comman? changing your accent? well its relatively easy to go from californian to texan, you drop a lot of the consenants and slur your words together, so it sounds slower. i dont know, i just do it subconsiously... *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    is that comman? changing your accent? well its relatively easy to go from californian to texan, you drop a lot of the consenants and slur your words together, so it sounds slower. i dont know, i just do it subconsiously... *shrugs*

You seem to be very confused :P

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be very confused :P
    *scratchs head* it must be the texan in me

*scratchs head* it must be the texan in me
    Frankly the texan accent does make you sound stupid to everyone else in the english speaking world. Whther this is a george bush connection i dont know, but i think it far predates that. In fact most of the southern usa accents sound frankly retarded. I speak queens english accent which is a bit boring really, but I think the best accents are Irish (I prefer Southern Irish ie Dublin rather than say Belfast) and Scottish (mild scotish accent rather than Rab C Nesbit style thick Glasweigen)
    J

ReputationRep:
    is it common?

I think a lot of people do that. People slip back into the accents of the people around them. For example, they're from Northern Ireland and they move to England, their accent softens (no-one understands them otherwise!) and they slow down, because we talk very fast here. But you don't notice you're doing, it's not a concious act. Then you come back home, find it hard to keep up for a couple of days, then slip right back into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    But we would notice.

It is quite arrogant to suggest that Californian is the unadultarated form of English.
    first of all, get that ugly guy out of your signature

second of all, Americans do not have a "whine" to them, as you might suggest. i can think of only a few people with that one, and off the top of my head i can only think of Ross (David Schwimmer) from Friends

but, okay, if we have a whine, the british have a sort of ignorance in their accent. care to disagree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    but, okay, if we have a whine, the british have a sort of ignorance in their accent. care to disagree?
    thats only because youre american and we used to own your country

ReputationRep:
    Yorkshire accents are the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    thats only because youre american and we used to own your country
    interesting, because it wasn't YOU who used to own us, it was US, and we decidedly cut you off AND beat you in your own war so

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.