The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
caz
interesting, because it wasn't YOU who used to own us, it was US, and we decidedly cut you off AND beat you in your own war so :tongue:

But we are the only country to invade the US and successfully burn the White House down. :tongue:
Reply 61
2 2776
But we are the only country to invade the US and successfully burn the White House down. :tongue:

which we rebuilt! not to mention the whitehouse was just a house at that time, so i dont really see the point...
Reply 62
caz
which we rebuilt! not to mention the whitehouse was just a house at that time, so i dont really see the point...

Well we also successfully defended Canada from the 1812 (?) invasion by the americans. I am sure we have had this dicsussion before.
Reply 63
2 2776
Well we also successfully defended Canada from the 1812 (?) invasion by the americans. I am sure we have had this dicsussion before.

hey, didn't you USED to own america...? what happened? LOL
Reply 64
caz
hey, didn't you USED to own america...? what happened? LOL

Just wait 200 years, and America will be Modern day Albania. Britain shall rule the waves again...
Reply 65
2 2776
Just wait 200 years, and America will be Modern day Albania. Britain shall rule the waves again...

or the other way around
Reply 66
I really like the Leeds accent.
Reply 67
elpaw
I really like the Leeds accent.

I'm from Leeds. :smile:
Reply 68
ive got a pretty neutral accent, but i can do all the major ones :wink:
edders
ive got a pretty neutral accent, but i can do all the major ones :wink:

Betya can't do scouse - the dorset rhythm of speech is usually way to slow to get scouse properly

try dee do dow don't dee dow :wink:
Reply 70
i also like the thick russian accent like the woman in red alert "afyrrrm'tyv comrrraid"
Reply 71
elpaw
i also like the thick russian accent like the woman in red alert "afyrrrm'tyv comrrraid"

O_o

Thats too much information thanks...
Reply 72
Pencil Queen
Betya can't do scouse - the dorset rhythm of speech is usually way to slow to get scouse properly

try dee do dow don't dee dow :wink:

oh i can :smile:
Reply 73
elpaw

yeah thats pretty sexy actually
Best Accents =

UK:
Geordie
Southern Irish (ok, thats not in the UK, but I don't care)
Edinburgh
Welsh

World:
Spanish
Scandinavian
French
Italian
Australian
Reply 75
ThunderCat8
Best Accents =

UK:
Geordie
Southern Irish (ok, thats not in the UK, but I don't care)
Edinburgh
Welsh

World:
Spanish
Scandinavian
French
Italian
Australian

How can you like a Geordie accent???

(no offence byb3/corey/other Geordie members)
Lord Huntroyde
How can you like a Geordie accent???

(no offence byb3/corey/other Geordie members)

The Geordie accent is nice, it's like a mixture between Scottish and English :smile:
I like the accent of Kate from Eastenders and that guy who does Big Brother. That is geordie isn't it?
I have a Londonish accent and I hate it. My favourite is RP - the default/standard way to talk. BoooOO Jamie Oliver!
Reply 79
everyguysdream
Hey if you could answer these questions i'd be grateful!

Best accent and why?
What do you think of the Queens English?

Thank alot!

Jess xxx

people from lancaster have the best accent!

i don't like the Queen's English

Latest

Trending

Trending