sweetascandy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
My Spanish exam is 3 weeks away, and I was just wondering if anyone has any tips they'd like to share on how to revise/remember/memorize vocab for Spanish?!
TheFootyKing19
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hola ....

Revise Revise Revise
TheFootyKing19
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Donde Vive :
fretter778
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did French and German GCSE and now French A Level so the point is still the same. I tend to do the cover the word and write it down method, and do word pair games with flashcards.
sweetascandy
Rep:
?
Flash cards is a gud one...I think I should do that. Thanks!! XX
live_on_fascination
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sweetascandy)
My Spanish exam is 3 weeks away, and I was just wondering if anyone has any tips they'd like to share on how to revise/remember/memorize vocab for Spanish?!
Habla habla habla! Intenta hablar lo mas posible (si todavia no has hecho el examen de hablar). Con el examen de escribir, es bueno hacer lo que ya los otros te han dicho con las cartas y las palabras. Sin embargo, tambien seria una buena idea utilizar muchos verbos diferentes (como el pasado, el futuro, etc.) y estructuras diferentes tambien (como 'sin embargo', 'estoy de acuerdo', 'no creo que'...)

Advice from a top 10 candidate at GCSE :p: good luck!
vannessa
Report 9 years ago
The Best Website I Know To Study Spanish/french/german Is Bbc Bitesize And Choose Gcse.
Hope This Helps
sweetascandy
Rep:
?
(Original post by live_on_fascination)
Habla habla habla! Intenta hablar lo mas posible (si todavia no has hecho el examen de hablar). Con el examen de escribir, es bueno hacer lo que ya los otros te han dicho con las cartas y las palabras. Sin embargo, tambien seria una buena idea utilizar muchos verbos diferentes (como el pasado, el futuro, etc.) y estructuras diferentes tambien (como 'sin embargo', 'estoy de acuerdo', 'no creo que'...)

Advice from a top 10 candidate at GCSE :p: good luck!
^^Few words which I didn't understand but I get the main idea - I understand wat ur trying to tell me :P thanks for your help!
Oasis Jnr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well i guess there's no point in offering advice since everyone said what i was going to say
C-Pizzayne
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
try www.spanishrevision.co.uk
then go onto GCSE and then oral practice hopefully that should help
Beanz.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Practising with friends works well for me, everyone's at different levels and you just help each other. Mines this week, and thats what i've done.
sweetascandy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Beanz.)
Practising with friends works well for me, everyone's at different levels and you just help each other. Mines this week, and thats what i've done.
Ooh gud luck! :O
not-another-number
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Like Beanz said, get a load of friends round and revise some Spanish. Learn the vocab from a vocab book or sheet then get friends or family members to test you.
Suerte con el examen.
Beige_Angel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ojajá que tenga amigos con quien podría practicar mi espanol. Todo el mundo en mi clase son solamente estudiandolo para obtener la nota y ir a la universidad para estudiar algo distinto y no tengo amigos bilinguales aquí
Es muy molesto porque significa que tengo que hablar y pensar en espanol por mi mismo... que es un poco raro :p: Adivino que tengo la red pero...

De todos modos OP, sugiero que utilízas las tarjetas de vocabulario. Cuando no puedo recordar algunas palabras, las escribo en tarjetas y ponerlas en un pared en mi habitación asi que puedo mirarlos cada día. Te prometo que ayuda
littlechinagirl
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I always gave myself 1 A4 piece of paper for each topic and wrote the name of the topic in the middle of the piece of paper and then did a spider diagram(or thought shower/brain storm, whatever) of all the vocab I could think of on my own. Then added any in a different colour that I had to look up/check.

I am a visual learner so seeing everything set out with the words in different places on the page always worked for me.

Eventually try and do all of your diagrams on one piece of A4 paper - leaving off any words you are 100% confident with. Eventually you should know them all, albeit a few nasty blighters that you can just stare at 2 mins before the exam and write down on your paper straight away (haha I dont know is anyone else does that, but there are always about 2 words or so I just CANT commit to memory)

Good luck.

Look, cover, write, check is supposed to be another good idea (as many have said before) but I find myself not really concentrating on the spelling of the word very much and just the shape of ti as my hand gets used to writing it, so I might write it out 10 times but still be unsure of how I actually think about the spelling...

EDIT: I also try and associate each word with an image based on how the word sounds, this really doesn't work for everyone but I'm sure some other people do it. Like the word 'domingo' to me will always bring up the image of my friend Dom wearing Indigo trousers on his way to Church (for Sunday, see ) ... Just little triggers like that help me sometimes, giving it a story.
sweetyb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hi ive got a speaking exam in an hour any tips
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (25)
6.76%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (212)
57.3%
No (133)
35.95%

Watched Threads