Turn on thread page Beta

Getting English Literature remarked! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Stop complaining ! An A is good, and as "want2know" says, coursework is moderated to the same standard, nevertheless good luck if u decide to have a remark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEAD BOY)
    Hello everybody, i got my GCSE's and am so heepy - 4 A*s, 4 A's and 2 B's!

I got an A in English Literature which i'm very pleased of - but i was only 3 marks away from an A*! My teacher marked my coursework as an A* and it has been changed to an A! I was wondering whther i should get the coursework remarked and the exams to see if i can get an A*! What do you think? And when is it the closing date for asking your GCSE to be remarked? I'm with OCR and i can't find anything on its website - much help would be very appreciated!!

HEAD BOY
    i got exact same as you- 177/200 (3 off a*)) on ocr. probs worth a remark as it wont go down a grade but could go up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not upset with my GCSE grade at all - i'm really happy!!
    It's just that i was so close, i don't see why there's anything wrong with a remark!

HEAD BOY

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the boundr for the English Lang with OCR? Have OCR published the boundries yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAISER_MOLE)
    Why so bothered about only getting an A in English Literature? I'd just leave it be, no huge injustice, had the same situation with English Lit (5 off A) and Economics (3 of A*, got a B in one of the exams!) but life goes on, it's my fault I didn't do enough work, or for the case of Lit, actually really bother with coursework, so I think kicks in the bum are a good and stolid reminder of what happens through indolence (for me at least!)
    I'm the same.
    I need a good kick up the bum sometimes!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinkies)
    Does anyone know the boundr for the English Lang with OCR? Have OCR published the boundries yet?
    Look on their website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    I'm getting mine remarked. The person gave me a D on Drama!!! How is that possible?? I was the best in my class at Death of a Salesman... Thank God I did an amazing coursework essay on The Woman in White. Otherwise I would be flunking...

Anyhow, good luck with your remarking Head Boy.
    *Random point* i did death of a salesman for eng lit at gcse.. god i hate that play lol it shud b burnt n not studied EVA! hu cares about biff happy linda etc u no that he commits suicide before u read the god damn thing!! lol sorry im hyper n feelin random!!

well done on ur gcses guys!! god i cant believe its bin a year since i got mine...time flieeess wen ur avin fun... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Once you start your AS courses, you'll look beck at GCSEs and think 'pah'. So I don't really think a remark is worth the hassle tbh!

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about getting my lit remarked because I got an A in my coursework, and didn't really think I screwed the exam that much. I don't know how far of I was though, and I'm not going to cry over a B :p:

ReputationRep:
    Re-marking isn't too much of a hassle, I'd say go for it you have nothing to lose.

ReputationRep:
    If I were you HEAD BOY, don't get a re-mark. A is a very good grade and people have different opinions when it comes to marking written essays like English. I thought I was going to get an A for English Literature because I thought the essays I wrote deserved that, but I got a B - nethertheless, I'm still pleased with the B grade.

ReputationRep:
    No its the 20th as well for GCSE and to get the whole of ya Eng Lit Spec remarked will cost £45

ReputationRep:
    If you're 3 marks off an A* and you're continuing English next year surely it makes sense to get it remarked anyway?? Seeing as there's almost no chance it's going to drop to below an A? The next examiner might like your essay-style better than the first. Also sometimes they bump your mark up from an A to an A* if you do a damn good A-grade exam. £45 isn't that much, and your college/sixth form might pay for you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all resplies! I'll speak to my english teacher in september!

HEAD BOY

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.