Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to be in a choir of a college E.G. St. Johns, Cambridge, if you go to a different college E.G. Downing?

ReputationRep:
    no you cannot! you have to be in the same choir as the college, most usually anyway.
    also 2 be in johns choir you would of had to audition in september, and at that time i think johns inetrview as well(altho not to sure) could be just kings, jesus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    Is it possible to be in a choir of a college E.G. St. Johns, Cambridge, if you go to a different college E.G. Downing?
    Yes. If you're after a choral scholarship though, you may have missed the dates for next year's entry.

ReputationRep:
    What do you do if you want to sing but you go to an all-girls college eg New Hall that doesn't have its own choir?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    What do you do if you want to sing but you go to an all-girls college eg New Hall that doesn't have its own choir?

I know of a few Newnham girls who sing at Selwyn, though Newnham has its own choir as well I think (just, obviously, all female)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat)
    no you cannot! you have to be in the same choir as the college, most usually anyway.
    also 2 be in johns choir you would of had to audition in september, and at that time i think johns inetrview as well(altho not to sure) could be just kings, jesus
    Not always - my form tutor went to Clare and sang in the Queens' choir, though this was in the 70s/80s, so maybe the rules have changed since then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    Audition to sing at another college that does!

One of our anatomy demonstrators went to Downing but sang in Clare choir, and there are some people in Clare choir now who aren't at the college. It's possible. Oh, and a girl I know is at Clare but sings with Queens' choir

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.