Turn on thread page Beta

do you believe in love and finding life partners on net? watch

ReputationRep:
    what would you say to people who do not believe in love at first site.
    how much people think you can meet your life partner on the net?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salina Khan)
    what would you say to people who do not believe at love at first site.
    "I agree"?
    Pencil Queen met her husband online I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    "I agree"?
    pencil queen is married? i thought she was just a kid, like everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    what would you say to people who do not believe at love at first site.
    Firm believer that you can fall in love at first site. To those that don't believe it, i say 'eat sh!t'.

It's possible, but i much rather prefer the personal touch.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Correct

ReputationRep:
    what would you say to people who do not believe in love at first site.
    My Dad got divorced and met a new gf off the net. They've been together for 3 years and are married now!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by curryADD)
    pencil queen is married? i thought she was just a kid, like everyone else!
    Apologies to anyone who's had me explain this before...

I'm 24 and I've been with my partner for 6 yrs (4 yrs living together, 2 yrs with a joint mortgage)...we aren't officially married but I don't like the word boyfriend (sounds like we meet behind the bikesheds) or partner (sounds a bit too business like and I've had to explain to people that I'm not gay before now) so I refer to him as my hubby

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)

I'm 24 and I've been with my partner for 6 yrs (4 yrs living together, 2 yrs with a joint mortgage)...we aren't officially married but I don't like the word boyfriend (sounds like we meet behind the bikesheds) or partner (sounds a bit too business like and I've had to explain to people that I'm not gay before now) so I refer to him as my hubby
    so when are yall getting married?

ReputationRep:
    i do firmly believe in people meeting on the net !!!
    If not with the point of view of marrige......atleast from the point of view of bfs and gfs atleast

ReputationRep:

sounds really cool and interesting
    congrats !!!

r u marrying ???
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by curryADD)
    so when are yall getting married?
    When I'm earning £28k and we can afford to treat our guests to a really good party/holiday without having to scrounge of either of our parents

ReputationRep:
    When I'm earning £28k and we can afford to treat our guests to a really good party/holiday without having to scrounge of either of our parents
    that makes sense, my cousin in the air force is doing that. apparently, the officer pay is so small that 2 officers wages combined can only pay for one person, and a half of a husband or wife

ReputationRep:
    Love over the internet, didnt believe it was possible until a few years ago, now I firmly believe its possible in addition to my own experience, my uncle met his wife in chatrooms and she emigrated from australia to the uk and they are now happily married, it can work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_capri)
    sounds really cool and interesting
    congrats !!!

r u marrying ???

not decided as yet !!!
    do not even hav a gf as yet..............lol

ReputationRep:

1) I thought you were 28

2) You arn't GAY!?!?

3) I don't get the reference to gay bit from your quote.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by 2776)
    1) I thought you were 28

2) You arn't GAY!?!?

3) I don't get the reference to gay bit from your quote.
    1) no I'm 24, I was born on the 31st August 1979 - as it states on my profile.

2) no I'm not, although I've never bothered in distinguishing between genders when it comes to relationships...people are people in my book and some people I fancy and some I don't.

3) In the past I've referred to my hubby as my partner, this has more than once caused people to assume that we are a same sex couple - that confusion along with not really liking the word partner for it's being so sterile is the reason I refer to my live-in lover as my husband/hubby online.

ReputationRep:
    live-in lover
    Sounds kinda kinky
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by 2776)
    Sounds kinda kinky

ReputationRep:
    meeting people on the net tho is just a little to strange, i guess its easier to commuicate since you can think abit more before you express any views but it seems to me to require alot more trust than meeting people in the flesh since it is alot easier to judge (in a nice way) a person.

also surely it must be really hard to get the relationship going if you cant actually meet the person to do stuff ie. go to the cinema?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    also surely it must be really hard to get the relationship going if you cant actually meet the person to do stuff ie. go to the cinema?
    Yup - nothing like sitting next to someone in silence for 2 hours to really get to know them

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.