AEA Remark for Biology Watch

This discussion is closed.
Comp_Genius
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Okay, I am wondering whether anyone has tried to get an AEA paper remarked, if so, were you successful in doing so?

I just asked for my raw marks back for AEA Biology, and it turned out to be 2 marks off the Merit mark, do you think I should get it remarked?
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nothing to lose except 20 quid, so why not!
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I do think it's worth it. With these AEA's the markschemes are less strict (if there is one), it's a longer and more challenging exam and there is more scope for judgement/opinion, IMO.

It wouldn't surprise me if your Biology went up to a merit; especially if you expected that.

My AEA Maths was 20-25 raw marks less than I expected, god knows what happened there; hence I've asked for a remark (this morning).
Comp_Genius
Rep:
?
Hope you are successful, and tell me what you got. It's 36 pounds for AQA, 25 for other ones I think!

Okay, I've decided to ask for a remark, since 50% of the paper is very subjective as they are essays, hope they just give me my merit. (I am already annoyed with my Chemistry one, they reduced no. of marks........)
Comp_Genius
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kavanne)
Nothing to lose except 20 quid, so why not!
so you wouldnt mind paying the extra 16 quid for me?
Comp_Genius
Rep:
?
How long does it take, it says 35 days but it can't be that long? I can't ask until next thursday as no one is in school.
moojoo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by darkenergy)
How long does it take, it says 35 days but it can't be that long? I can't ask until next thursday as no one is in school.
Can I ask how you did in chemistry? I failed that, which I knew I would because it was so awful on the day, but the past papers were alright. I'd get a remark if you were that close, you don't have anything to lose! Shouldn't take that long, that's probably the maximum time it could take.
Comp_Genius
Rep:
?
(Original post by moojoo)
Can I ask how you did in chemistry? I failed that, which I knew I would because it was so awful on the day, but the past papers were alright. I'd get a remark if you were that close, you don't have anything to lose! Shouldn't take that long, that's probably the maximum time it could take.
I was 6 marks off a distinction 68/120 (dist. is 74), which is annoying because I had been getting Dist's when I did past papers, so I presume you must have achieved merits?

I am not getting my Chem. remarked, can't really get 6 marks, but I am getting my Bio remarked since I got 51/100, and the Merit mark is 53. :mad:
moojoo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nah I failed chemistry one, but got distinction in biology
I don't know what my marks were though, how do you find out?
Comp_Genius
Rep:
?
I mean if you had been getting merits for past papers. Biology Distinction in the real thing? I usually scrape a merit but two marks off! It's bloody annoying.

Ask your exam officer, he/she will have the raw marks.
moojoo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah distinction in real thing. I usually get merits in chem past papers which were so much easier.
I will go ask her!
Comp_Genius
Rep:
?
wow you must be amazing at Biology! Congrats
moojoo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I love biology, thank you! You must be amazing at Chemistry though! You nearly got a distinction, and it was soo hard!
Comp_Genius
Rep:
?
, lets hope my bio remark is successful
moojoo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah *crosses fingers*, never know I might be one or two marks away in chem! although thats not as open-ended as bio
Comp_Genius
Rep:
?
I know, that's the main reason I am getting a remark, 50% is essay!

If I try for a remark, would they think, "oh he's determined to get a merit, lets give it to him....."
moojoo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
let's hope so! Do you happen to know what the merit boundary for the chem one was?
Comp_Genius
Rep:
?
74/120
Comp_Genius
Rep:
?
no sorry, that was distinction, but it is about 53%
moojoo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hmm dunno if i even got that! lol
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads