The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
susiemakemeblue
That stuff will cost an absolute fortune! How much of it are you getting? You can get the Bennet and Royle on Amazon for about £13, and the Riverside for about £42. That's the cheapest I've found them. :frown:

I think we're expected to get all of the stuff I wrote down :frown: I found everything except for the Nortons, the Shakespeare, the Bennet and Royle and the "Three Teban Plays" on Amazon... obviously wasn't looking hard enough, but that came to just over £100 (without the extra literary glossary books, which I think I'll buy later if it turns out I really need them...)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
I think I might go round all the bookshops in Winchester and see how cheaply each shop can get it for...

I think we need to buy the Norton, the Shakespeare and the Bennet and Royle, from what I've heard, but is it really all compulsory???
Reply 22
It certainly seems to be, for the most part. Some of them are described as "a good companion to such and such book" or "another useful reference guide", which suggests they're not so important as the "we recommend" books... heck, it's not a reading list, it's an essay in itself :rolleyes:

Just read it again and saw that the Shakespeare module isn't until the second semester, which gives me more time to figure out whether to get seperate editions or the Riverside one... we're meant to start reading a few plays already, but I can borrow them for the time being.
Reply 23
Cant wait to get my reading list! its gunna bankrupt me. Well i suppose not becuase you have to pay to declare yourself bankrupt and i wont even have an money to do that! I've spent the best part of a gran on uni essentials already!
Reply 24
Shelbycakes
Cant wait to get my reading list! its gunna bankrupt me. Well i suppose not becuase you have to pay to declare yourself bankrupt and i wont even have an money to do that! I've spent the best part of a gran on uni essentials already!

A grand!? What have you bought?! Or is there a laptop or something in that?
Reply 25
susiemakemeblue
I think I might go round all the bookshops in Winchester and see how cheaply each shop can get it for...

I think we need to buy the Norton, the Shakespeare and the Bennet and Royle, from what I've heard, but is it really all compulsory???

Go to Wells on College street and try and charge it to blue bills (the college's internal billing system for pupils) :smile:

They might get suspicious cos your a girl though...
You know you can get any book on any reading list from the university's 'Waterstones' bookshop :wink:

Academic gowns are q. expensive :eek: Worth it, though!
Reply 27
Oh crap forgot about my laptop, yeah included and i've bought a mini ipod and clothes and general uni stuff
Reply 28
Shelbycakes
Oh crap forgot about my laptop, yeah included and i've bought a mini ipod and clothes and general uni stuff

ah it's not so bad then, if I include my laptop, PC and Sony mp3 jukebox (NW-HD5 if anyone's bothered) then my number's very unhealthy :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending