fishkeeper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi

does anyone have the geography paper unit 1 for janurary 2010, im taking it in may and would like to see what topics came up.

A mark scheme would be most useful aswell to mark how Ive done after ive done the paper.

Thanks so much!
fishkeeper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Anyone? :'(
Andy Ftw
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've searched everywhere for it also but unfortunately I haven't found it anywhere :confused: I'll keep on looking and get back to you if I find it though

It sucks though cause there's only the June 09 paper & the Specimen paper to practice at the moment :erm: Good luck for the exam either way though!
jimbo9292
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by fishkeeper)
Hi

does anyone have the geography paper unit 1 for janurary 2010, im taking it in may and would like to see what topics came up.

A mark scheme would be most useful aswell to mark how Ive done after ive done the paper.

Thanks so much!
i dont have the paper but i sat it in jan and can tell u wat came up topics wise :
Rivers : ( 15 marks ) - Hard Engineering China :love:
Cold environments : ( 15 marks ) - Antartica , ( 4 marks ) - the definiton of Alpine regions + ( 7 marks ) - describe the formation of corries :yeah:
Population ( 4 marks ) - the difference between birth rate and fertility rate + ( 15 marks ) - the isle of purbeck Dorset
Energy Issues - ( 15 marks ) Bp case study :woo:
l0livia
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jimbo9292)
i dont have the paper but i sat it in jan and can tell u wat came up topics wise :
Rivers : ( 15 marks ) - Hard Engineering China :love:
Cold environments : ( 15 marks ) - Antartica , ( 4 marks ) - the definiton of Alpine regions + ( 7 marks ) - describe the formation of corries :yeah:
Population ( 4 marks ) - the difference between birth rate and fertility rate + ( 15 marks ) - the isle of purbeck Dorset
Energy Issues - ( 15 marks ) Bp case study :woo:
Awww nooo, I really wanted BP to come up this time but it wont now haha! And pretty gutted isle of purbeck came up too. I really have no idea whats going to be in this exam on friday!
craggers123
?
Report 11 years ago
I went to a revision day with the chief examiner David Redfern a few months ago...he gave us a booklet and one of the 15 mark population questions in it was "Comment on how the balance between population and resources is affected by different population structures"....Don't hold me to it, but he said that it hasn't been asked before (which i took as a hint as him saying it's coming up in May!). It isn't definate (so still revise all of your work) but I'm going to revise it a bit more than the others.

Dont kill me if it doesn't come up
Lottsie93
?
Report 11 years ago
Um...How WOULD the balance be affected by population structures!?
jimbo9292
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by l0livia)
Awww nooo, I really wanted BP to come up this time but it wont now haha! And pretty gutted isle of purbeck came up too. I really have no idea whats going to be in this exam on friday!

lol i h8ed BP :mad: , but the physical side was brilliant and if u ask me the DTM will prob come up for population as they mke big deal out of it and it neva came up in june or jan :eek3:
craggers123
?
Report 11 years ago
Lottsie93, to answer your question...this is what i "think", you would have to do to answer the question:
  • Revise two different countries with different population structures (e.g. UK (ageing population) and a country with a youthfull population.

• Then just find some information on how the population structure has affected the resources (e.g. The ageing UK population has meant that there has been increased demand for healthcare etc)

Thats what i reckon, but once again dont count on it coming up, its justr what i think.
alwaysanigel247
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by craggers123)
I went to a revision day with the chief examiner David Redfern a few months ago...he gave us a booklet and one of the 15 mark population questions in it was "Comment on how the balance between population and resources is affected by different population structures"....Don't hold me to it, but he said that it hasn't been asked before (which i took as a hint as him saying it's coming up in May!). It isn't definate (so still revise all of your work) but I'm going to revise it a bit more than the others.

Dont kill me if it doesn't come up

oh please that this question come up!
l0livia
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jimbo9292)
lol i h8ed BP :mad: , but the physical side was brilliant and if u ask me the DTM will prob come up for population as they mke big deal out of it and it neva came up in june or jan :eek3:
Haha, well my teacher has gone mad about BP and now its just engraved in my head, she keeps thinking its gonna come up, but yeah apparently TNC's are gonna come up according to her, but dont take my word.
Ooh I hope the DTM comes up tbh, its not that bad actually!
Boomy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by craggers123)
Lottsie93, to answer your question...this is what i "think", you would have to do to answer the question:
  • Revise two different countries with different population structures (e.g. UK (ageing population) and a country with a youthfull population.

• Then just find some information on how the population structure has affected the resources (e.g. The ageing UK population has meant that there has been increased demand for healthcare etc)

Thats what i reckon, but once again dont count on it coming up, its justr what i think.

So you would mention such things as growing dependency ratio in the UK affecting the growing need for resources but the decrease of the number that acquire said resources?
molly93
?
Report 11 years ago
Hi, i have the jan 2010 paper, little late as the exam is in the morning though!
rivers - how water reaches the drainage basin (4), hydrographs (6) forest effects on discharge (5) and the 15 marker is on hard engineering
cold environments - distribution of alpine regions (4), corrie formation (7), 15 marks on sustainabilty in cold environments.
population - BR and fertility rate, infant mortality, life expectancy, contrast 2 regions
energy - consumption, production (contrast), renewable resources, extent of importance between countries
hope this helps
belle1828
?
Report 11 years ago
it came up u legend. 15 marks thank you.
craggers123
?
Report 11 years ago
Any time I'm soo chuffed...you lot would have destroyed me if it didnt come up lol
Boomy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You legend.
jack1865
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by belle1828)
it came up u legend. 15 marks thank you.
Guarantee you didnt get 15 marks on it lol
omarfarouk_23
?
Report 11 years ago
can some one send me the paper please?
[email protected]
would really appreciate it
_nikitapatel_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.toothill.notts.sch.uk/dat...2010_geog1.pdf

Better late than never
pezisland37
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by _nikitapatel_)
http://www.toothill.notts.sch.uk/dat...2010_geog1.pdf

Better late than never
LOL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (298)
57.31%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (73)
14.04%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.35%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (44)
8.46%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise