Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have recently got a paper round and I have to get up at 6am, twice a week. I did it today and it really took it out of me.. I only had 316 papers to deliver, but my first day went with only a few hitches. I nearly dropped the papers off the trolley, and I almost got my hand bitten off by a dog, it will obviously get easier as the days go by.. but I am now knackered and am in need of a good sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I am an expert at this job been doing it for donkers years and deliver around 2000 leaflets a week.

With paper rounds you have one massive advantage you know the houses, if dogs get to be a problem tell your agent they won't mind if they don't deliver there due to risk of biting your hands off.

When doing leaflets I tend to avoid houses which have a beware of the dog notice up and I also avoid houses where I can hear a bark coming from the near the door.

I still some times get caught out though. I also know the areas where there is hardly any dogs (mainly the better areas) and I tend to stick to them. I don't tend to do council estates anymore becuase of dogs, dogs are used as security guards in those places so they are free to roam and bite peoples hands off.

ReputationRep:
    I am doing the 5 streets and my street in my area, so I know them like the back of my hand.

ReputationRep:
    Awww bless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    Awww bless.
    Sarcasm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun O'Keefe)
    Sarcasm?
    I don't know myself really.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.