The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol the same thing happened to me! i wanted leodis too! no fair! I don't kno anything about Oxley either i didn't even consider it when i was applying!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Its nice, a bit further out than Leodis, its the otherside of Headingley, not as far as Bod though. En Suite rooms, nice grounds, quite a good community feel, you could have been placed in much worse places. It'll be fine, don't panic
Reply 3
hehe! thanx i feel betta now! I only live 15mins away in wakey so i spose i'm lucky 2 hav a room at all really!
Reply 4
whats the social life like?

I was just so desperate for Leodis....this'll cost me a fortune for transport and internet...nooo.
Reply 5
Mel0130
lol the same thing happened to me! i wanted leodis too! no fair! I don't kno anything about Oxley either i didn't even consider it when i was applying!

what block are you in?

I'm in F...haven't a clue what its like...I didn't even consider it either! didn't even noitce it!
Reply 6
what block are you in?

I'm in F...haven't a clue what its like...I didn't even consider it either! didn't even noitce it!

Am in H! yeh i really wanted leodis 2! do u kno if the rooms we have are deff ensuite? Even though we have internet and public transport to pay now it will still work out quite a bit cheeper thn leodis...jst bit less convinient!
Reply 7
yeah...definitely cheaper and I suppose being in Headingly there'll be a better student atmosphere...but it also means waking up earlier for the bus and it is less convenient...
Reply 8
oh and I haven't a clue about ensuite...I think I'll call up the accomm office to see if its mixed too and any other info...
Reply 9
lol think we will get used to it eventually! think its jst cos neither of us had even looked at oxley before and suddenly we find out we gonna be living there for a year! Deffo not liking the waking up earlier for the bus part though...i hate mornings as it is! wat course u doin?
Reply 10
business and financial economics (i hate saying and typing it- so long!)

again that was my backup course...I applied for medicine but didn't quite make it so I picked the next course that came to my head lol.

so what course you doin? shame about Leodis isn't it? But oh well. Thats life.

Cannot be arsed with the bus all the time tho!! wahhhhhhhhh (moan)
Reply 11
Yeh bt will get ova it....will jst hav to moan 2 every1 bout it for a week! Kno wat u mean about the bus though....i thought id got over havin to stand at a freezin cold bus stop waiting for buses that don't turn up every mornin wen i finished college!

I'm doing law (hehe thats only 3 letters i hav to type :p: ) ....miracle how i eva got in and somehow managed 3 As though! Glad i did though because my bk up was qm in london and i didn't fancy that at all!

where bouts u from?
Reply 12
I'm from the wirral (near liverpool)...hows about you? near leeds?

I wonder how much the bus pass thingy'll cost? loads I presume!
Reply 13
heres a hint, complain loudly about the cost of buses and how much you'll save by getting a term pass everytime your parents are in the room until they feel so sorry for ou they offer to buy you one :p:
Reply 14
Ditzy
heres a hint, complain loudly about the cost of buses and how much you'll save by getting a term pass everytime your parents are in the room until they feel so sorry for ou they offer to buy you one :p:

Hehe thats exactly wat i intend to do, will jst remind them on how much they could have been paying for accomodation so its the least they can do!

Yeh i'm from Wakefield!
Reply 15
so I take it you know Leeds pretty well then?
Reply 16
Lol I know it alryt bt probs not as well as i shud do! Like i kno my way around the main city centre where all the shops and things are but i haven't bin out in leeds mch on a night so don't kno my way around th bars n clubs that well!
whats all the big deal about Leodis....yeah its posh and swanky and expensive but its not like the other places in Leeds are crap. I was in Lupton which is the cheapest and the facilities were great, superb showers, clean, modern, the only downside was electric cookers when I prefer gas, but thats a personal thing anyway! You'll be ok wherever you are in Leeds
Reply 18
lol yeh i kno! lookin foward to it!
Reply 19
MagicNMedicine
whats all the big deal about Leodis....yeah its posh and swanky and expensive but its not like the other places in Leeds are crap. I was in Lupton which is the cheapest and the facilities were great, superb showers, clean, modern, the only downside was electric cookers when I prefer gas, but thats a personal thing anyway! You'll be ok wherever you are in Leeds

:dito: It wasn't even built in my first year. People who didn't get their first choice had to make do with James Bailley (before it was refurbished) or Eastleigh (further out than Bod, middle of nowhere, next to a young offenders centre) All the accomodations on offer now are nice, you'll be fine :biggrin:

Latest