Turn on thread page Beta

GHD straighteners on Ebay watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever bought them from ebay? There's loads selling for around £15, so cheap :eek:

I bought some remington ones from Argos 2 years ago, bought it for £35 and for a year they were really good, took around half an hour to straighten wavy hair. Now its just lost its touch, it doesnt straighten the ends and I always find some wavy/curly bits. So I thought I'd get some GHD ones, the wettodry ones.

I dont trust ebay's items. So if anyone has bought any GHD's recently from ebay, please let me know, which exact ones and if they do what they say.

Love BlueAngel xxx

ReputationRep:
    read closer, the cheap ones say "GHD style"; theyre fakes
    the real ones go for about £70

ReputationRep:
    oh, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    umm GHD dont do a wet to straight iron..

ReputationRep:
    I bought my GHD's from Ebay and they cost me about £85, they were the genuine ones and came with all the info eg guarantee card, instructions, box etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Em.)
    I bought my GHD's from Ebay and they cost me about £85, they were the genuine ones and came with all the info eg guarantee card, instructions, box etc.
    :ditto: and they have been fine.

are your sure its the straighteners that have "lost touch" and your hair isnt in poor condition?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Em.)
    why didnt you get them from a salon? they're same price...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    why didnt you get them from a salon? they're same price...
    i went to every salon in my town centre (and there are a fair few) and the cheapest were £99, the most expensive were £125! :eek: i looked for ages and sellers on ebay were cheapest

ReputationRep:
    :eek: really?! mine were 90 from salon. eep!

ReputationRep:
    Get them from HQ hair for 82.50!

ReputationRep:
    Slightly off topicbut the pink GHD's are soooo cool but there more expensive because some of the money goes to the breast cancer charity

ReputationRep:
    i got mine from havey nicks in manchester i think they were bout 120 quid bt u cn get them of the GHD hair site now for about 70 i think or a hair salon

ReputationRep:
    my sister bought me some ghds from alan pauls salon for my birthday a month ago, AND THEY BLEW UP the other day boooo hoooo. but the nice people at alan paul are sending them to be repaired for me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soapysudds1)
    my sister bought me some ghds from alan pauls salon for my birthday a month ago, AND THEY BLEW UP the other day boooo hoooo. but the nice people at alan paul are sending them to be repaired for me!!
    If you send them back to GHD they send out a brand new pair - so youl probably get new ones!

ReputationRep:
    ive had 2 pairs blow up on me, my last pair is still broken so ive been using my mums - means i need to get a new pair for uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    oh, thanks.
    If you dont trust ebay this is a GHD shop site! http://www.hair-care.co.uk/index.html

ReputationRep:
    Yer mine blew up too! so i got new ones, but iv just got some pink corioliss ones, cos theyre PINK! and theyre just like GHDs but cheaper

ReputationRep:
    wtf... like actually explode?

ReputationRep:
    well one pair did actually flame at the plug - always good! didnt quite know what to do there..
    the other pair the wire split and it sparked.

ReputationRep:
    There are some salons where you can take your old straighteners back and get some money off GHDs. It's around £20 off I think so I recommend it if yours were only £35 a while ago.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2005
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.