hey-hey-hey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Right sleep walking occurs during SWS slow wave asleep / NREM sleep...these are the first 4 stages of sleep cycle and the person is conscious and will be aroused by eg baby crying..
But book states that a sleep walker is not concious and later has no memory of events. But they sleep walk during SWS/NREM so why cant they remember if during in NREM/SWS you are conscious ....I dont understand this..! :/ A person during NREM/SWS is conscious or not...

Please can someone help me out
MissFanatical
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
referring to different kinds of conscious maybe? good question sleep walking confuses me :/
hey-hey-hey
Rep:
?
people actually shout and sing during this wow
Last edited by RK; 3 months ago
GodspeedGehenna
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You are not conscious during any stage of sleep. I don't know where on earth you got that from.
hey-hey-hey
Rep:
?
(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
You are not conscious during any stage of sleep. I don't know where on earth you got that from.
my AQA psychology book:
.."SWS, in this stage its hard to wake someone up, the person is conscious and will be aroased by eg...blahh blah...most of the bodies repair work is undertaken"
GodspeedGehenna
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hey-hey-hey)
my AQA psychology book:
.."SWS, in this stage its hard to wake someone up, the person is conscious and will be aroased by eg...blahh blah...most of the bodies repair work is undertaken"
That's nonsense. Must be an error/typo.
adam_zed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hey-hey-hey)
Right sleep walking occurs during SWS slow wave asleep / NREM sleep...these are the first 4 stages of sleep cycle and the person is conscious and will be aroused by eg baby crying..
But book states that a sleep walker is not concious and later has no memory of events. But they sleep walk during SWS/NREM so why cant they remember if during in NREM/SWS you are conscious ....I dont understand this..! :/ A person during NREM/SWS is conscious or not...

Please can someone help me out
Sleep walking doesnt occur during stage 1 or 2? Only in stage 4 and despite popular belief it is not a result of dreaming and is restricted to synchronized and patterned behavior.

The only time someone acts out their dream is when they have that disorder (did this in January so have forgotten alot of it)
hey-hey-hey
Rep:
?
(Original post by adam_zed)
Sleep walking doesnt occur during stage 1 or 2? Only in stage 4 and despite popular belief it is not a result of dreaming and is restricted to synchronized and patterned behavior.

The only time someone acts out their dream is when they have that disorder (did this in January so have forgotten alot of it)
Thankyou!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (154)
4.92%
Uncertainty around my education (461)
14.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (350)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (436)
13.92%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (148)
4.73%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (188)
6%
Loneliness (270)
8.62%
Financial worries (113)
3.61%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (126)
4.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (142)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (171)
5.46%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (278)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (295)
9.42%

Watched Threads