What do you do the night before & morning of an exam?

Watch
Darinio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Usually I revise until quite late in the morning, get a bit of sleep, a little bit of revision done when I wake up (not much), and then the exam. :rolleyes:

Its obvious that this hasn't been working for me the past year so I'm changing it :p:

I'm thinking of just revising the day before and then going to bed early/moderate time, then getting up early in the morning and cramming as much as possible before the exam. :o:

What do you do/eat/drink the morning/day before an exam?
illusionz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
fap for relaxation
Louise_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cram cram cram.

And make sure I get enough sleep, I can't sit an exam whilst I'm yawning!
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't study at all the day before, that should all be done well in advance. basically, if u aint learned it before then ur not gonna.
I always do my revision before hand, the night before chill out, watch a film, get a pizza and relax. Maybe read over ur most generalised and basic notes for 5 minutes but don't actually study. have a quick beer to lull me off nicely to sleep. next morning wake up, over breakfast (its important to eat breakfast to stimulate u) read over the notes again but don't study properly. arrive in plenty of time so ur not rushing. just before stand outside and get some air, allow urself to relax.
thats my routine anyway and its always done me good.
morgonia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Panic.
dothestrand
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The night before I always say I'll do a bit of revision. Never do.
In the morning I'll wake up late and have to rush.
Pretty much my normal routine.
Jhyzone
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 00002)
Don't study at all the day before, that should all be done well in advance. basically, if u aint learned it before then ur not gonna.
I always do my revision before hand, the night before chill out, watch a film, get a pizza and relax. Maybe read over ur most generalised and basic notes for 5 minutes but don't actually study. have a quick beer to lull me off nicely to sleep. next morning wake up, over breakfast (its important to eat breakfast to stimulate u) read over the notes again but don't study properly. arrive in plenty of time so ur not rushing. just before stand outside and get some air, allow urself to relax.
Lots of good tips there, I might consider doing some of them!

As I am used to revising on the morning of the exam which is one of the gravest sins!!! :eek3:

But anyway, I realised that revising and cramming on the morning before doesn't help me but just gave me average grades plus I am really stressed out!

Cheers
stinky--pete
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
read over my notes but stop at about 8, i need to relax so i'll sleep. if it's an afternoon exam then read over notes some more and make sure i have plenty to eat. if morning normally just get something to eat but i have been known to get up an hour early to make sure i can read over my notes again
CyntiaMassano
Report 10 years ago
Actually, what you do really works for me, except the part of cramming a bit before the exam. I can't do it, because it's worthless. The more I look into it, the more I forget about things.

My exams always in the afternoon, and so that gives you the chance to sleep quite a few hours if you've been studying for hours the night before. Since I can't cram before the exam, I allow myself to sleep almost the whole morning, and after I wake up, I have a light lunch, go to college, and while on my way, I mentally or orally review everything I know.

It's worked for me so far.
Rawr.ox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Once it get to like 9pm the night before I stop revising and think "eh, I've done all I can, it's too late now to do any decent revision", and not do any the next morning.

If it's an exam in the afternoon I just read over my key notes and get a bit panicky. xD

I don't lose my sleep because of an exam.
TurkeyProphet
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have a ****. Equally you could substitute exam for anything: school day, disco, funeral...
miranda-ae
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wellll last night I tried some maths practice papers, then watched family guy, ditto for this morning. Thats a lot more family guy than past papers, btw. Though I only had maths studies, first question was how many metres is 1.38km :P Bahhhh. I'm gunna fail everything else though.
hothedgehog
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
have a pretty relaxed day of looking over stuff i've revised and checking up on things. Perhaps writing a few answers and then chilling out. I go to sleep moderately early and then wake up with time to spare and then just internet in the morning.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It is the night before the ******* exam.

Atm I'm cramming like hell. Cram cram cram.

FML
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 00002)

This only applies if you've revised.

IF you're like me, however, and have barely done so. Night before is the time to cram like hell.

It is the night before.

Cram.
chubbychops:)
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Procrastinate. Then decide to sleep, because I know I won't get anywhere with attempting to revise. Turn up to the exam with seconds to spare 'cause I love my sleep, them try and blag my way through the exam.
Krakatoa
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Bash one out to the re-run of loose women at about 2am.
Jade2009
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I worry a lot. I then revise for a couple of hours, hoping that the information will stay in my head. I then worry some more. I get an early night, and get up the next day hopefully being ready for the exam - my breakfast is usually something like cereal or toast.
live_on_fascination
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If it's a major exam e.g. an A Level, I try to start my revision wayyy back, and try to do it throughout the year so I don't have to cram the night before. I usually try to relax before an exam - I figue if I don't know something a few hours before the exam, I won't know it in the exam. And even if I do some last minute cramming, what I learned from that usually doesn't even come up in the exam!

Before my GCSE English Lit exam I went to a gig at Capital FM and still got an A* :rolleyes:
Xenomorph v2.1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Watch a movie the night before, I work best when Im relaxed and unstressed.
In the morning I just go over at most 10 bullet points of e.g. formulae just to keep it fresh in my mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (589)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed