The Student Room Group

What do you do the night before & morning of an exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
depends on the subject
generally i do nothing the day before and just rest
if its english i re-read my texts the few days before/night before the exam
generally on the day of the exam if its an afternoon exam I might do something light before it but not much. Most people seem to do the same thing really :P
Reply 21
Don't study at all the day before, that should all be done well in advance. basically, if u aint learned it before then ur not gonna.I always do my revision before hand, the night before chill out, watch a film, get a pizza and relax. Maybe read over ur most generalised and basic notes for 5 minutes but don't actually study. have a quick beer to lull me off nicely to sleep. next morning wake up, over breakfast (its important to eat breakfast to stimulate u) read over the notes again but don't study properly. arrive in plenty of time so ur not rushing. just before stand outside and get some air, allow urself to relax.
thats my routine anyway and its always done me good.

Thats not true at all!
I might read over some notes in the evening, then have a nice cuppa tea and relax. In the morning, there will be further relaxation. :] If you cram in stuff in the morning and the night before, you'll go to the exam with a saturated, fuzzy, fed up mind. So try and relax and clear your thoughts, especialy in the morning. :smile:
uh i revise till 1ish, sleep, get up at 4, revise some more, eat porridge and strawberry's ( official exam breaky in my house) do the exam, do home and sleep :biggrin: I'm a crammer can't you tell?
Reply 24
The day before I have a quick run through, to ensure that I know everything on the specification. I make sure I get a solid good night's sleep, my brain is either going to rape the exam, or be raped by it, the stronger it is, the lower the chance of the latter happening. If my exam is in the morning, I eat a boiled egg for breakfast. If my exam's are in the afternoon, I eat a big meal for lunch.
Usually read over the revision notes I've made that I need to know for that exam or look over some completed past papers.

Rest early and then in the morning, I will begin to panic - as I usually do for every exam :p:
Reply 26
During GCSEs, A levels and first year of uni, I start revising the night before and hopefully finish in the morning, then sit my exams.
Reply 27
Don't study at all the day before, that should all be done well in advance. basically, if u aint learned it before then ur not gonna.
I always do my revision before hand, the night before chill out, watch a film, get a pizza and relax. Maybe read over ur most generalised and basic notes for 5 minutes but don't actually study. have a quick beer to lull me off nicely to sleep. next morning wake up, over breakfast (its important to eat breakfast to stimulate u) read over the notes again but don't study properly. arrive in plenty of time so ur not rushing. just before stand outside and get some air, allow urself to relax.
thats my routine anyway and its always done me good.

Totally untrue. I've done it for every single exam I've sat since GCSEs and I made it to uni.
should't revise right before an exam, my teacher told me it effects your long term memory
Reply 29
snoopydoops
should't revise right before an exam, my teacher told me it effects your long term memory

Who cares about the information for the subject after you've done the exam.
Reply 30
siQ
Totally untrue. I've done it for every single exam I've sat since GCSEs and I made it to uni.

oh well you must be a very clever boy then.
You can't be that clever, well you obviously can't read. this person is looking for alternatives to the stay up all night studying like mad thing. i was just offering alternative advice.
Reply 31
I pray to Allah :ninja:
Finish revising at about 5pm the day before. Go home and relax. Get a ridiculously early night. Get up at half 5-6ish and read over all my notes one last time. Go into exam.

It's worked so far...
Reply 33
Cram the night before and hope what I've crammed comes up in the exam and what I haven't had time to cram doesn't :smile:.

Simples
Reply 34
oh well you must be a very clever boy then.
You can't be that clever, well you obviously can't read. this person is looking for alternatives to the stay up all night studying like mad thing. i was just offering alternative advice.

English has never been my strong point :yep:
The day before an exam I'm usually a panic: I start my revision earlier and earlier each year, but have never been able to get into that calm state of mind!! In the past the day and night before are usually filled with revision (though if I'm not an absolute state it is a bit more relaxed and I'll watch some tv/go on the internet). If I feel I know nothing, I stick at it till 12/1ish. In desperate cases I have gotten up at 4am to get back to revision (I do not advise this, but that ws a very desperate situation and thankfully it paid off!). In the morning I physically can't eat before an exam and am usually paniced. I alwayst try to get up in tme to read over my notes one last time. If it's an afternoon exam I get up about 8ish and crack back on with revision till I can't face it anymore or feel that it's enough.

I panic and stress big time over exams, I never understand people who stay so calm!
Reply 36
nellydee
I pray to Allah :ninja:

And how's that working for you so far?
Check I have everything I need *the night before*.
Go to bed early.
Wake up as late as possible; if the exam's in the afternoon I'll have a lie in.
Make sure I eat something before I leave for school.
Reply 38
Cramming revision in hasnt really helped me in the past, but its a matter of opinion in the end.

My general routine has been revise as hard/as much as possible, then on the eve of the exam I take it easy, watch some tv and eat some nuts lol :biggrin:
before i go bed, I look at some notes, and then straight after i wake up i look at them again, for a few mins. then im off to the exam.

i find that keeping things simple helps much more than cramming in the hours before the exam.
Reply 39
During my A-levels I didn't revise the night before or the morning of the day of the exam, to keep my mind fresh.

Quick Reply

Latest