Results Watch

This discussion is closed.
moojoo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi, I was wondering whether to put in my personal statement that I received the best A-Level and GCSE results at my schools? Or would it sound kinda arrogant or whatever? Thanks for advice!
Christophicus
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by moojoo)
Hi, I was wondering whether to put in my personal statement that I received the best A-Level and GCSE results at my schools? Or would it sound kinda arrogant or whatever? Thanks for advice!
incredibly arrogant.
let your teacher put that on your reference.
leedsmedic_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah maybe, but then again u can afford to be arrogant with that performance!
nee
Report 13 years ago
hmm i guess it depends on what youre applying for, and where

gcses, they were some time ago and so universities might not care so much if you got the highest mark possible for some now-insignificant subject, and might see it as insignificant in your application - unless that subject is what youre doing at the university

similarly with a levels if youre applying for history and you got the best biology grade, the universities might see it as a waste of space on the PS [unless youre applying for history with biology or whatever]

HOWEVER it could go a long way if you mention it in passing, just not as a main point - which would sound pretty lame and perhaps arrogant

...meh i dunno...
moojoo
Rep:
?
I meant overall. If I were to write it, it would be in the context of moving schools and how I adapted etc. I dunno
db
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I put it in mine, tough it was kind of relevant. I wrote about my interst in travel and foreign cultures and then sliped in that I got the highest German in the school. I was applying for Engineering with a year in Europe and got all the offers that i wanted.
last_train
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
same kinda dilema really. I am writing my personal statement for English and dropped 4 marks in my Lit A level and 8 in my Language from 600. I think to say I got high As might sound arrogant and since most unis don't ask for ums maybe they are only interested in the grade. Is it worth asking my teacher to mention it (in passing) in my reference or is it something that is irrelevant since it wasn't like I was best in the school or got full marks?
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by moojoo)
Your GCSE and A-level grades on your application form should reflect that, as you wrote them down, and they are all A's.
nee
Report 13 years ago
i think its much better to have your teacher/referee mention it, i suppose it sounds better coming from them because theyre supposed to be impartial and whatever
moojoo
Rep:
?
thanks for the advice!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (65)
26.86%
No (177)
73.14%

Watched Threads