Turn on thread page Beta

Space and beyond watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    (sorry for being pedantic but you've got Uranus and Neptune the wrong way round)
    I was thinking that before, but I didn't want to be pedantic..

Uranus is on the wrong side of your Neptune.

Sounds rather painful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i wonder if there's a mnemonic for "mnemonic"?
    why not invent one yourself elly, just for fun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i wonder if there's a mnemonic for "mnemonic"?
    Many
    Nasty
    Elephants
    Maimed
    Over
    Nine-thousand
    Itching
    Cats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    why not invent one yourself elly, just for fun?
    elly???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    elly???
    Its a love name...

ReputationRep:
    Based on probabilities it is almost certain there is another planet out there with life on it. Whether or not that life is intelligent or not, or even exists now is another matter... another matter, is whether or not we can even detect them.

Think about it, the timescale of the universe so far is huge compared to the evolution of the human species or even life itself on the Earth; the chances of finding another species, similar toe Homo Sapiens and at a similar stage of technological and evolutionary development to us is extremely tiny. We're either going to be meeting microbes and bacteria or seemingly godlike creatures with godlike technologies... quite scary, really - imagine what another thousand years of technological development would do for humans... now imagine what ten, a hundred or even a thousand, thousand years would do. That's what we will potentially be dealing with, in outer space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    Yes there is, a recent scientific study conclude that:

"The good news for those seeking extraterrestrial intelligence is that 10% of our galaxy - perhaps 10bn stars - could be ringed by rocky planets big enough to hold on to their atmosphere and water. The bad news is that they are on average a billion years older than the sun"

great facts !!!
    i am impressed

ReputationRep:
    i, for myself think it does !!!
    but u never know in which form.....could be more humans like us !!! in anothergalaxy's solar systam !!!

ReputationRep:
    Who here, thinks there might be life out there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Who here, thinks there might be life out there?
    I do!

Do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    I do!

Do you?
    Yes, I think there may be something!

ReputationRep:
    The sheer gargantuan size of the universe would make it seem infeasible that there isn't life other to ourselves in the universe. The conditions for life have surely repeated successfully elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    The sheer gargantuan size of the universe would make it seem infeasible that there isn't life other to ourselves in the universe. The conditions for life have surely repeated successfully elsewhere.
    I agree totally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Yeah, exactly.

ReputationRep:
    My
    Very
    Early
    Morning
    Jam
    Sandwich
    Usually
    Needs
    Pepper

(i think thats right)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    That's what I say. Just not with the posh words like "infeasible".

ReputationRep:
    That's what I say. Just not with the posh words like "infeasible".
    So you're not posh?

ReputationRep:
    So you're not posh?
    I'm not posh at all. Me dad comes from Smethwick and me mom from Wolverhampton.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not posh at all. Me dad comes from Smethwick and me mom from Wolverhampton.
    I can just imagine how you said that. How unposh lol.
    Well I'm certainly posh, coming from Manchester

ReputationRep:
    I can just imagine how you said that. How unposh lol.
    Well I'm certainly posh, coming from Manchester
    posh coming from Manchester? i can imagine.. :rolleyes: My cousins in Manchester, B'ham and Wolves speak english in a way that seems rather 'unposh' to me lol..theres a man walking in the middle of my road... :confused:

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.