How many bricks is your house built from? watch

ReputationRep:
    a thread about bricks

*throws bricks everywere*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Cool,

Wanna join the brick cult?
    I want to join. I couldn't think of a more interesting topic...

ReputationRep:
    if u put lots of window and door in u will lose lots of heat energy through them and that will be worse for the environment than not recycling the bricks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    a thread about bricks

sure, i wuld love too !!!
    but what really does it signifies !!!
    i am pretty new here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    a thread about bricks

:eek: Oh, that's dreadful, how could you waste valuable bricks like that?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Our houses are built of non-renewable materials! Clay comes from the ground and can't be gotten back!

Because of this we should recycle our bricks and make sure we use as few as possible!

To save bricks, my house was built on the side of another house so they share a wall!

Put lots of windows and doors in your house to save bricks!

But how many bricks is your house built from? I haven't counted mine but I'll go and work it out with the POWER of MATHS!!! Woohoo!
    shall i go and count the bricks that make up my house?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    I think that would be wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    Yeah sure.

But you could work it out using maths

ReputationRep:
    I live in a terrace house too but it is propably a slightly posher one, it was buit in 1906 and had indoor toilet, bath and electricity when it was built.

The front of the house is built out of solid enginneering bricks, these bricks cost £1 each today!

There is a primary school near me Oswald Road (the school I went to and so did the Bee Gee's) its built out of solid engineering bricks all over. I bet if you were to pull it down you could get £1 million just for the bricks.

ReputationRep:
    If two "end terraces are joined, does this make them a semi?
    or is a semi just a collection of two terraced houses?

What does this make a detached house?!

Oh and Fish, I hope you have an answer to your original question for period 3 on Tuesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil_C)

Oh and Fish, I hope you have an answer to your original question for period 3 on Tuesday!
    I have an Art mock exam (which I'm preparing for now) on Tuesday and Wednesday so I can't, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil_C)

A mid terrace has two houses next to each other.

H H H H H H

The two end houses are called end terraces and are very simlar to semis only they don't often have the side garden

Semis usualy have a side garden.

ReputationRep:
    I have an Art mock exam (which I'm preparing for now) on Tuesday and Wednesday so I can't, sorry.
    :eek: Simon! Do your maths! You don't want to make your sexy teacher disappointed! Does he Phil?

ReputationRep:
    my house is made out of slabs of mud brick... does that count?

ReputationRep:
    What's the point of leaving the clay there? We might as well use it, no one else is going to! Or are they..? Mayb this is just a big rumour someone made, so that they could have all the clay in the world...I don't see why they would want clay though...It COULD happen....or not...

ReputationRep:
    hang on a sec... *goes out front..1...2...3...4..5...6...7. ...*

this could take a while
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    My house is detatched - but it's a bungalow so only half the bricks in height

One of the buildings they just knocked down in Soton uni had all the bricks salvaged...I was very pleased.

Although there will *never* be a shortage of clay on earth - at surface temperature and pressure every natural mineral is meta-stable (ie it's only staying in it's current form because it hasn't realised that that form is unstable at it's current temperature and pressure) this means that *everything* on this entire planet from sand to diamonds is slowly but surely degrading into one type of clay or another - if plate tectonics stopped tomorrow we'd be buggared (although there are always some clever chemists who can reproduce the conditions needed to make certain minerals).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sure.

But you could work it out using maths
    ah - never been all that hot on the maths front - maybe i should just join your cult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    My house is detatched - but it's a bungalow so only half the bricks in height

One of the buildings they just knocked down in Soton uni had all the bricks salvaged...I was very pleased.

Although there will *never* be a shortage of clay on earth - at surface temperature and pressure every natural mineral is meta-stable (ie it's only staying in it's current form because it hasn't realised that that form is unstable at it's current temperature and pressure) this means that *everything* on this entire planet from sand to diamonds is slowly but surely degrading into one type of clay or another - if plate tectonics stopped tomorrow we'd be buggared (although there are always some clever chemists who can reproduce the conditions needed to make certain minerals).
    we tried not to go into technicality and just asked the number of bricks used.......so please answer in brief !!!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.