Turn on thread page Beta

Conservatives? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering whether anyone agrees with me with this thought as I was reminising about the past conservative leaders........

why are they all pompous idiots....anybody who supports them could clarify this for me (if you can!)

deeply appreciated :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    I was wondering whether anyone agrees with me with this thought as I was reminising about the past conservative leaders........

why are they all pompous idiots....anybody who supports them could clarify this for me (if you can!)

Well, thats a generalisation if ever I seen one.

ReputationRep:

Well MHoward was a grammar school boy and JMajor wasn't really pompus. But I'd say the rest were.

ReputationRep:
    How is Michael Howard pompous?

He is surely no more pompous than any other politician, including former Labour leaders.

ReputationRep:

Expect to be attatcked by Tory fans... they are everywhere on this board :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

you got negative rep for that one. oops.

ReputationRep:
    I shall time to see how long it takes edders to respond...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    How is Michael Howard pompous?

He is surely no more pompous than any other politician, including former Labour leaders.
    He does sound posher than Tony Blair, although that has little to do with it I know. Maybe that is because Blair is Scottish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    He does sound posher than Tony Blair, although that has little to do with it I know. Maybe that is because Blair is Scottish.
    Blair went to a public school in Scotland, he's just tried to lose his accent but I think Blair sounds quite posh too, I wouldn't say either of the two sound 'pompous'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    you got negative rep for that one. oops.
    You know im right....what you going to do delete my thread next?

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree, and they talk so much rubbish IDS was the worst - at least they got rid of him!

ReputationRep:
    You know im right....what you going to do delete my thread next?
    It wasn't edders that gave you neggative rep. was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    I completely agree, and they talk so much rubbish IDS was the worst - at least they got rid of him!
    That is a great generalisation - how many Tory leaders can you name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    It is so funny watching them argue with Blair... I'd pay for the Parliment Channel for live coverage

ReputationRep:
    Ummmm excuse me sorry to burst your bubble Nafisa but you don't become the most successful Democratic party in the world by having pompous idiots as party leaders; I suggest if you want to **** off the Conservatives and go and discredit them go and do some real research instead of making subjective stupid remarks.

*Proudly clutches his Conservative Future membership card *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    It is so funny watching them argue with Blair... I'd pay for the Parliment Channel for live coverage
    i know it's more like comedy than politics listening to them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Blair went to a public school in Scotland, he's just tried to lose his accent but I think Blair sounds quite posh too, I wouldn't say either of the two sound 'pompous'.
    The Queen Mother was Scottish and had no Scottish accent. I think when you are that rich you just have a rich accent. No neither of them are pompous, but I would expect Blair to be considering he went to a now 16k a year school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysMoment.)
    Ummmm excuse me sorry to burst your bubble Nafisa but you don't become the most successful Democratic party in the world by having pompous idiots as party leaders; I suggest if you want to **** off the Conservatives and go and discredit them go and do some real research instead of making subjective stupid remarks.

Or if you do have pompous idiots as party leaders, the majority of the population support them!

You should join the Tories now - it's cheap while you're a student because they know you'll be poor when you're paying Labour's top-up fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysMoment.)

She never made a statement, she was asking it to be clarifyed.

clarify this for me (if you can!)

ReputationRep:
    Ainsworth, Peter
    Amess, David
    Ancram, Michael
    Arbuthnot, James
    Atkinson, David
    Atkinson, Peter

Bacon, Richard
    Baldry, Tony
    Barker, Greg
    Baron, John
    Bellingham, Henry
    Bercow, John
    Beresford, Paul
    Blunt, Crispin
    Boswell, Timothy
    Bottomley, Peter
    Bottomley, Virginia
    Brady, Graham
    Brazier, Julian
    Browning, Angela
    Burns, Simon
    Burt, Alistair
    Butterfill, John

Cameron, David
    Cash, William
    Chapman, Sydney
    Chope, Christopher
    Clappison, James
    Clarke, Kenneth
    Clifton-Brown, Geoffrey
    Collins, Tim
    Conway, Derek
    Cormack, Patrick
    Cran, James
    Curry, David

Davies, Quentin
    Davis, David
    Djanogly, Jonathan
    Dorrell, Stephen
    Duncan, Alan
    Duncan, Peter
    Duncan Smith, Iain

Evans, Nigel

Fabricant, Michael
    Fallon, Michael
    Field, Mark
    Flight, Howard
    Flook, Adrian
    Forth, Eric
    Fox, Liam
    Francois, Mark

Gale, Roger
    Garnier, Edward
    Gibb, Nick
    Gillan, Cheryl
    Goodman, Paul
    Gray, James
    Grayling, Chris
    Green, Damian
    Greenway, John
    Grieve, Dominic
    Gummer, John

Hague, William
    Hammond, Philip
    Haselhurst, Alan
    Hawkins, Nicholas
    Hayes, John
    Heald, Oliver
    Heathcoat-Amory, David
    Hendry, Charles
    Hoban, Mark
    Hogg, Douglas
    Horam, John
    Howard, Michael
    Howarth, Gerald
    Hunter, Andrew

Jack, Michael
    Jackson, Robert
    Jenkin, Bernard
    Johnson, Boris

K
    Key, Robert
    Kirkbride, Julie
    Knight, Greg

Laing, Eleanor
    Lait, Jacqui
    Lansley, Andrew
    Leigh, Edward
    Letwin, Oliver
    Lewis, Julian
    Liddell-Grainger, Ian
    Lidington, David
    Lilley, Peter
    Lord, Michael
    Loughton, Timothy
    Luff, Peter

is that enough?????????????????????????? ????????????

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2004
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.