Report 16 years ago
Sadly I'm being truthful .
pkonline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
That is such a bigoted view, i think it is staters who have a bad view of private schools, htey all come and mug people there and insult them as they are posh. Although posh kids do try and emulate them and steal from each other too. In what way do they have it thrust into them they are the cream of the country? Have you been there, would you know, no.
Sorry if it sounded bigoted. From my experience that is the case though. I'm not being rude to pple in private schools, i can understand why pple wanna better themselves.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
More than $50k obviously, but isn't he worth £34 million? And yet our doctors who I personally think do more for society can only earn up to £70k a year.
Yes, well our doctors can earn more privatley and that is what they will be paid if you insst on a welfare state with the NHS because health is the most important aspect and one that people are willign to pay for.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
Yes, well our doctors can earn more privatley and that is what they will be paid if you insst on a welfare state with the NHS because health is the most important aspect and one that people are willign to pay for.
I doubt by getting rid of the NHS that their pay would increase vastly.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I doubt by getting rid of the NHS that their pay would increase vastly.
doctors are hugley well paid in america because they are paid privately
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
doctors are hugley well paid in america because they are paid privately
Okay. I don't like the idea.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Okay. I don't like the idea.
well you want doctors to be paid better. How about nurses, we need more and they are far lower down the food sclae.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
well you want doctors to be paid better. How about nurses, we need more and they are far lower down the food sclae.
It just makes me shake my head when we appreciate footballers more than nurses, teachers and other public servants.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
It just makes me shake my head when we appreciate footballers more than nurses, teachers and other public servants.
footballers provid epublic entertainment. We should nt have public servents as we have so many you could never afford to give them all better salaries. We should get rid of hte welfare state
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
Hmm I still stick by what I've said. I want them to be paid more, yes and taxing accross all classes should be the answer.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
footballers provid epublic entertainment. We should nt have public servents as we have so many you could never afford to give them all better salaries. We should get rid of hte welfare state
And deny the poorer among us good health and education?

And come on, do footballers really deserve as much as they are paid? Sol Campbell earns £5 million a year. For what? I'm right wing and even I can see this is ridiculous.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmm I still stick by what I've said. I want them to be paid more, yes and taxing accross all classes should be the answer.
so the poor should live on even less. Just abolish the welfare state as medicine will become too expensive in the future that the whole state will otherwise have to revolve around it.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

And come on, do footballers really deserve as much as they are paid? Sol Campbell earns £5 million a year. For what? I'm right wing and even I can see this is ridiculous.
I agree. Although admittedly those who disagree do make me question what is better economically and morally. But I choose to stick with what is better morally.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

sol cambell is paid that due to the public, no one decides it, excpet for each individual fan that buys a football ticket, i dislike football anyway.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree. Although admittedly those who disagree do make me question what is better economically and morally. But I choose to stick with what is better morally.
sorry i aint christian therefore disagree with morals
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
Fine, then socially. I don't know if I used the correct word or not. I know what I mean...
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
sol cambell is paid that due to the public, no one decides it, excpet for each individual fan that buys a football ticket, i dislike football anyway.
Each fan wants to see football, not footballers. It is the market for players that determines the wage rate, not the public. The public only give their club the capacity to afford the ridiculous wages they need to beat competing clubs to a player's service. Obviously it is also down to the player's ability but no player in the world is worth paying £5 million for.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
Don't use 'therefore' as if all non-Christians disagree with morals. That would offend us. Even atheists and agnostics do agree with morals.
pkonline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The welfare state is soo important for the proper functioning of society. By getting rid of it, how will people ever be able to better themselves?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Each fan wants to see football, not footballers. It is the market for players that determines the wage rate, not the public. The public only give their club the capacity to afford the ridiculous wages they need to beat competing clubs to a player's service. Obviously it is also down to the player's ability but no player in the world is worth paying £5 million for.
well the public shouldnt give it the capacity, but they will and nothing canachange that apart from perception changes
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (91)
22.14%
No (320)
77.86%

Watched Threads