Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    She never made a statement, she was asking it to be clarifyed.
    I think she was trying (and seeingly failing) to be ironic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Or if you do have pompous idiots as party leaders, the majority of the population support them!

You should join the Tories now - it's cheap while you're a student because they know you'll be poor when you're paying Labour's top-up fees.
    And how do the Tories plan to make university free? Or is that back to that argument about cutting the places down?

ReputationRep:
    oh - here's the rest

MacKay, Andrew
    MacLean, David
    Malins, Humfrey
    Maples, John
    Mates, Michael
    Maude, Francis
    Mawhinney, Brian
    May, Theresa
    McIntosh, Anne
    McLoughlin, Patrick
    Mercer, Patrick
    Mitchell, Andrew
    Moss, Malcolm
    Murrison, Andrew
    Norman, Archie
    O'Brien, Stephen
    Osborne, George
    Ottaway, Richard
    Page, Richard
    Paice, James
    Paterson, Owen
    Pickles, Eric
    Portillo, Michael
    Prisk, Mark
    Randall, John
    Redwood, John
    Robathan, Andrew
    Robertson, Hugh
    Robertson, Laurence
    Roe, Marion
    Rosindell, Andrew
    Ruffley, David
    Sayeed, Jonathan
    Selous, Andrew
    Shephard, Gillian
    Shepherd, Richard
    Simmonds, Mark
    Simpson, Keith
    Soames, Nicholas
    Spelman, Caroline
    Spicer, Michael
    Spink, Robert
    Spring, Richard
    Stanley, John
    Steen, Anthony
    Streeter, Gary
    Swayne, Desmond
    Swire, Hugo
    Syms, Robert
    Tapsell, Peter
    Taylor, Ian
    Taylor, John
    Taylor, Teddy
    Tredinnick, David
    Trend, Michael
    Turner, Andrew
    Tyrie, Andrew
    Viggers, Peter
    Walter, Robert
    Waterson, Nigel
    Watkinson, Angela
    Whittingdale, John
    Widdecombe, Ann
    Wiggin, Bill
    Wilkinson, John
    Willetts, David
    Wilshire, David
    Winterton, Ann
    Winterton, Nicholas
    Yeo, Timothy
    Young, George

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    Ainsworth, Peter

etc

is that enough?????????????????????????? ????????????
    Hahahahaha,more than 90% of them haven't been party leaders!

ReputationRep:
    oh - here's the rest

MacKay, Andrew

etc
    See previous comment.

Try not to make yourself look foolish.

ReputationRep:
    Or if you do have pompous idiots as party leaders, the majority of the population support them!

You should join the Tories now - it's cheap while you're a student because they know you'll be poor when you're paying Labour's top-up fees.

I'm already a member of the Conservatives; when I graduate I join the proper party.

I also thought I clarified this by stating that the nation wouldn't support a bunch of pompeous idiots.

ReputationRep:
    And how do the Tories plan to make university free? Or is that back to that argument about cutting the places down?
    That's how I'd want to do it but it's not their official line, edders will know.

ReputationRep:

the majority of the population? are you sure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysMoment.)
    I'm already a member of the Conservatives; when I graduate I join the proper party.

I don't understand all that membership thing :confused: You give them taxes what more do they want? Do you get some stickers and balloons or something?

ReputationRep:

What is wrong about that? Atleast then Degrees will regain their respect; why do we need 50% going to University anyway?

ReputationRep:
    That's how I'd want to do it but it's not their official line, edders will know.
    you obviously dont...and what you said about looking foolish sort out your 'vote borris' thing then and then maybe you wont seem as foolish as you already are...if thats even possible and noone tells me if im being ironic..................ok?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand all that membership thing :confused: You give them taxes what more do they want? Do you get some stickers and balloons or something?

Pay £3 membership fee and your in the party.

Its basically a reason to go to a piss up with a buch of right wing students in the union bar.

ReputationRep:
    the majority of the population? are you sure?
    Are you grabbing hold of the small amount of credibility you have left on this topic.

Under the way our system works, they have got into power shoing that the majority of constituencies wanted a Tory PM, and in many cases it was the majority of the population.

ReputationRep:
    That is a great generalisation - how many Tory leaders can you name?
    ooops sorry you said leaders. i find you rather pedantic because they are all tories nonetheless. how imprtant are names anyway?
    ypu don't know mine - i don't know yours - it's what we say that's important not our names.

p.s. i am not foolish!

ReputationRep:
    What is wrong about that? Atleast then Degrees will regain their respect; why do we need 50% going to University anyway?
    so you propose the elite go to universities then....is that not a pompous statement? more clarification needed please

ReputationRep:
    You could cut the places down but the damage is already done - too many people have degrees. So you may aswell let everyone have them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    you obviously dont...and what you said about looking foolish sort out your 'vote borris' thing then and then maybe you wont seem as foolish as you already are...if thats even possible and noone tells me if im being ironic..................ok?
    Boris is cool...though my sig is ironic, though you don't have to tell me that

I'm not a Tory, I just lean to the right and felt I should defend them when such a stupid comment was made.

I asked Tinykates is she knew of any Tory leaders and she gave me a list of their current MPs. That is pretty foolish.

ReputationRep:
    Pay £3 membership fee and your in the party.

Its basically a reason to go to a piss up with a buch of right wing students in the union bar.
    Ahh well worth it and do Labour do the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    ooops sorry you said leaders. i find you rather pedantic because they are all tories nonetheless. how imprtant are names anyway?
    ypu don't know mine - i don't know yours - it's what we say that's important not our names.

p.s. i am not foolish!
    either way, I wasn't asking for names, I was wondering how many you actually knew of and could therefore form a valid opinion about.

The amount of names you can get off a website does not matter to me.

ReputationRep:
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Lord Huntroyde
    That is a great generalisation - how many Tory leaders can you name?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooops sorry you said leaders. i find you rather pedantic because they are all tories nonetheless. how important are names anyway?
    you don't know mine - i don't know yours - it's what we say that's important not our names.

p.s. i am not foolish!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.