This discussion is closed.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
She never made a statement, she was asking it to be clarifyed.
I think she was trying (and seeingly failing) to be ironic.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Or if you do have pompous idiots as party leaders, the majority of the population support them!

You should join the Tories now - it's cheap while you're a student because they know you'll be poor when you're paying Labour's top-up fees.
And how do the Tories plan to make university free? Or is that back to that argument about cutting the places down?
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh - here's the rest

MacKay, Andrew
MacLean, David
Malins, Humfrey
Maples, John
Mates, Michael
Maude, Francis
Mawhinney, Brian
May, Theresa
McIntosh, Anne
McLoughlin, Patrick
Mercer, Patrick
Mitchell, Andrew
Moss, Malcolm
Murrison, Andrew
Norman, Archie
O'Brien, Stephen
Osborne, George
Ottaway, Richard
Page, Richard
Paice, James
Paterson, Owen
Pickles, Eric
Portillo, Michael
Prisk, Mark
Randall, John
Redwood, John
Robathan, Andrew
Robertson, Hugh
Robertson, Laurence
Roe, Marion
Rosindell, Andrew
Ruffley, David
Sayeed, Jonathan
Selous, Andrew
Shephard, Gillian
Shepherd, Richard
Simmonds, Mark
Simpson, Keith
Soames, Nicholas
Spelman, Caroline
Spicer, Michael
Spink, Robert
Spring, Richard
Stanley, John
Steen, Anthony
Streeter, Gary
Swayne, Desmond
Swire, Hugo
Syms, Robert
Tapsell, Peter
Taylor, Ian
Taylor, John
Taylor, Teddy
Tredinnick, David
Trend, Michael
Turner, Andrew
Tyrie, Andrew
Viggers, Peter
Walter, Robert
Waterson, Nigel
Watkinson, Angela
Whittingdale, John
Widdecombe, Ann
Wiggin, Bill
Wilkinson, John
Willetts, David
Wilshire, David
Winterton, Ann
Winterton, Nicholas
Yeo, Timothy
Young, George
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
Ainsworth, Peter

etc

is that enough?????????????????????????? ????????????
Hahahahaha,more than 90% of them haven't been party leaders!
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh - here's the rest

MacKay, Andrew

etc
See previous comment.

Try not to make yourself look foolish.
MurphysMoment.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Or if you do have pompous idiots as party leaders, the majority of the population support them!

You should join the Tories now - it's cheap while you're a student because they know you'll be poor when you're paying Labour's top-up fees.

I'm already a member of the Conservatives; when I graduate I join the proper party.

I also thought I clarified this by stating that the nation wouldn't support a bunch of pompeous idiots.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And how do the Tories plan to make university free? Or is that back to that argument about cutting the places down?
That's how I'd want to do it but it's not their official line, edders will know.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

the majority of the population? are you sure?
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MurphysMoment.)
I'm already a member of the Conservatives; when I graduate I join the proper party.

I don't understand all that membership thing :confused: You give them taxes what more do they want? Do you get some stickers and balloons or something?
MurphysMoment.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

What is wrong about that? Atleast then Degrees will regain their respect; why do we need 50% going to University anyway?
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
That's how I'd want to do it but it's not their official line, edders will know.
you obviously dont...and what you said about looking foolish sort out your 'vote borris' thing then and then maybe you wont seem as foolish as you already are...if thats even possible and noone tells me if im being ironic..................ok?
MurphysMoment.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't understand all that membership thing :confused: You give them taxes what more do they want? Do you get some stickers and balloons or something?

Pay Β£3 membership fee and your in the party.

Its basically a reason to go to a piss up with a buch of right wing students in the union bar.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the majority of the population? are you sure?
Are you grabbing hold of the small amount of credibility you have left on this topic.

Under the way our system works, they have got into power shoing that the majority of constituencies wanted a Tory PM, and in many cases it was the majority of the population.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That is a great generalisation - how many Tory leaders can you name?
ooops sorry you said leaders. i find you rather pedantic because they are all tories nonetheless. how imprtant are names anyway?
ypu don't know mine - i don't know yours - it's what we say that's important not our names.

p.s. i am not foolish!
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
What is wrong about that? Atleast then Degrees will regain their respect; why do we need 50% going to University anyway?
so you propose the elite go to universities then....is that not a pompous statement? more clarification needed please
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You could cut the places down but the damage is already done - too many people have degrees. So you may aswell let everyone have them.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
you obviously dont...and what you said about looking foolish sort out your 'vote borris' thing then and then maybe you wont seem as foolish as you already are...if thats even possible and noone tells me if im being ironic..................ok?
Boris is cool...though my sig is ironic, though you don't have to tell me that

I'm not a Tory, I just lean to the right and felt I should defend them when such a stupid comment was made.

I asked Tinykates is she knew of any Tory leaders and she gave me a list of their current MPs. That is pretty foolish.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Pay Β£3 membership fee and your in the party.

Its basically a reason to go to a piss up with a buch of right wing students in the union bar.
Ahh well worth it and do Labour do the same thing?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ooops sorry you said leaders. i find you rather pedantic because they are all tories nonetheless. how imprtant are names anyway?
ypu don't know mine - i don't know yours - it's what we say that's important not our names.

p.s. i am not foolish!
either way, I wasn't asking for names, I was wondering how many you actually knew of and could therefore form a valid opinion about.

The amount of names you can get off a website does not matter to me.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Lord Huntroyde
That is a great generalisation - how many Tory leaders can you name?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooops sorry you said leaders. i find you rather pedantic because they are all tories nonetheless. how important are names anyway?
you don't know mine - i don't know yours - it's what we say that's important not our names.

p.s. i am not foolish!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (32)
8.53%
Confident (49)
13.07%
Indifferent (53)
14.13%
Unsure (95)
25.33%
Worried (146)
38.93%

Watched Threads