Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Yes, he thinks he is God.
    It's clearly a ploy, one of the best ad-men of all time, Lord Saatchi, is in his cabinet - he is credited for destroying Labour in the 1970s with his campaigns - he is behind this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    No, they are not always the richest. However you cannot rule out that there are many who are privately educated (not neccessarily rich) who are very intelligent, which one could argue is to be expected as intelligence is hereditary, as well as there being lots of very intelligent state school pupils. That is a fact.

Oxbridge is slightly over 50% state school, about 53%.

But another excellant university which would definately not be closed if some were, Manchester, has 94% from state schools. You cannot keep citing Oxbridge, it is not typical.
    Well I use Oxbridge because people are mentioning the best and if you can give me some ideas of grades we are talking about for acceptance into university then I may use a different university.

ReputationRep:
    Well I use Oxbridge because people are mentioning the best and if you can give me some ideas of grades we are talking about for acceptance into university then I may use a different university.
    Manchester's a good example, Warwick is another, 76% from state schools. It asks for similar grades in many subjects. Bath is 79%.

ReputationRep:
    It's clearly a ploy, one of the best ad-men of all time, Lord Saatchi, is in his cabinet - he is credited for destroying Labour in the 1970s with his campaigns - he is behind this.
    I just laugh "I believe it is natural for men and women to want health, wealth and happiness for their families and themselves." It is like duh, anyone could say this, it doesn't mention how.

It may work and Labour wont be in the next election which suits me fine as university year is 2006 and then hopefully the next election they will be back in.

ReputationRep:
    were you saying i didn't know what i was talking about with the statistics?

ReputationRep:
    Manchester's a good example, Warwick is another, 76% from state schools. It asks for similar grades in many subjects. Bath is 79%.
    York was once about 90% - so like you say I don't have a leg to stand on my rich argument.

ReputationRep:
    Well I must leave you.

This thread will swell throughout the night, but I shall return in the morning and correct your inadiquacies.

'till then!

ReputationRep:
    i disagreed with the one that said i do not believe one persons wealth is the cause of anothers poverty or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    were you saying i didn't know what i was talking about with the statistics?
    It would be easy to convince someone who knows little about all this, by twisting the statistics to back something up how you want it but when you are trying to convince someone who knows everything about it - it's hard.

ReputationRep:
    York was once about 90% - so like you say I don't have a leg to stand on my rich argument.
    thats right sunshine make the tories think they know what there talking about because they're the only ones that ever do...you go girl! (is that a generalisation lord whatever?)

ReputationRep:
    OK, one more post,

York is still 80%, but as a university improves, it asks for better grades, and you cannot dispute that the schools that get the best grades are private.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    i disagreed with the one that said i do not believe one persons wealth is the cause of anothers poverty or something like that
    Last one:

He has a bit of trouble explaining that one on the Today program.

ReputationRep:
    i can imagine

ReputationRep:
    Last one:

I have to go....please no more neg rep ive got enough with all the tory lovers in this forum...give me positive rep please!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    thats right sunshine make the tories think they know what there talking about because they're the only ones that ever do...you go girl! (is that a generalisation lord whatever?)
    LOL, you can join in to. Infact take my place because I'm off to do some work and watch a DVD. G' Night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    I have to go....please no more neg rep ive got enough with all the tory lovers in this forum...give me positive rep please!!!!
    I think it is a little unfair that you got negative rep. just for expressing your oppinion (if I were you I'd do it back). Looks as if these Tory lovers would stick with their leader even if they were making a big mess of our country.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is a little unfair that you got negative rep. just for expressing your oppinion (if I were you I'd do it back). Looks as if these Tory lovers would stick with their leader even if they were making a big mess of our country.
    I reverse that, Labour is sticking with Tony Blair.

ReputationRep:
    I reverse that, Labour is sticking with Tony Blair.
    If they didn't like him, they'd do the same as they did with IDS.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly,

ReputationRep:
    IDS never made a mess of our country, Blair is in many ways.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.