The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nafisa
I was wondering whether anyone agrees with me with this thought as I was reminising about the past conservative leaders........

why are they all pompous idiots....anybody who supports them could clarify this for me (if you can!)

deeply appreciated :cool:

Well, thats a generalisation if ever I seen one.
Nafisa
I was wondering whether anyone agrees with me with this thought as I was reminising about the past conservative leaders........

why are they all pompous idiots....anybody who supports them could clarify this for me (if you can!)

Well MHoward was a grammar school boy and JMajor wasn't really pompus. But I'd say the rest were.
Reply 3
How is Michael Howard pompous?

He is surely no more pompous than any other politician, including former Labour leaders.
Nafisa

Expect to be attatcked by Tory fans... they are everywhere on this board :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Nafisa

you got negative rep for that one. oops.
Reply 6
I shall time to see how long it takes edders to respond...
Lord Huntroyde
How is Michael Howard pompous?

He is surely no more pompous than any other politician, including former Labour leaders.

He does sound posher than Tony Blair, although that has little to do with it I know. Maybe that is because Blair is Scottish.
Reply 8
happysunshine
He does sound posher than Tony Blair, although that has little to do with it I know. Maybe that is because Blair is Scottish.

Blair went to a public school in Scotland, he's just tried to lose his accent but I think Blair sounds quite posh too, I wouldn't say either of the two sound 'pompous'.
Reply 9
edders
you got negative rep for that one. oops.

You know im right....what you going to do delete my thread next?
Reply 10
I completely agree, and they talk so much rubbish IDS was the worst - at least they got rid of him!
Nafisa
You know im right....what you going to do delete my thread next?

It wasn't edders that gave you neggative rep. was it?
Reply 12
Tinykates
I completely agree, and they talk so much rubbish IDS was the worst - at least they got rid of him!

That is a great generalisation - how many Tory leaders can you name?
Tinykates

It is so funny watching them argue with Blair... I'd pay for the Parliment Channel for live coverage :tongue:
Ummmm excuse me sorry to burst your bubble Nafisa but you don't become the most successful Democratic party in the world by having pompous idiots as party leaders; I suggest if you want to slag off the Conservatives and go and discredit them go and do some real research instead of making subjective stupid remarks.

*Proudly clutches his Conservative Future membership card :biggrin:*
Reply 15
happysunshine
It is so funny watching them argue with Blair... I'd pay for the Parliment Channel for live coverage :tongue:

i know it's more like comedy than politics listening to them
Lord Huntroyde
Blair went to a public school in Scotland, he's just tried to lose his accent but I think Blair sounds quite posh too, I wouldn't say either of the two sound 'pompous'.

The Queen Mother was Scottish and had no Scottish accent. I think when you are that rich you just have a rich accent. No neither of them are pompous, but I would expect Blair to be considering he went to a now 16k a year school.
Reply 17
MurphysMoment.
Ummmm excuse me sorry to burst your bubble Nafisa but you don't become the most successful Democratic party in the world by having pompous idiots as party leaders; I suggest if you want to slag off the Conservatives and go and discredit them go and do some real research instead of making subjective stupid remarks.

Or if you do have pompous idiots as party leaders, the majority of the population support them!

You should join the Tories now - it's cheap while you're a student because they know you'll be poor when you're paying Labour's top-up fees.
MurphysMoment.

She never made a statement, she was asking it to be clarifyed.

clarify this for me (if you can!)
Reply 19
Ainsworth, Peter
Amess, David
Ancram, Michael
Arbuthnot, James
Atkinson, David
Atkinson, Peter

Bacon, Richard
Baldry, Tony
Barker, Greg
Baron, John
Bellingham, Henry
Bercow, John
Beresford, Paul
Blunt, Crispin
Boswell, Timothy
Bottomley, Peter
Bottomley, Virginia
Brady, Graham
Brazier, Julian
Browning, Angela
Burns, Simon
Burt, Alistair
Butterfill, John

Cameron, David
Cash, William
Chapman, Sydney
Chope, Christopher
Clappison, James
Clarke, Kenneth
Clifton-Brown, Geoffrey
Collins, Tim
Conway, Derek
Cormack, Patrick
Cran, James
Curry, David

Davies, Quentin
Davis, David
Djanogly, Jonathan
Dorrell, Stephen
Duncan, Alan
Duncan, Peter
Duncan Smith, Iain

Evans, Nigel

Fabricant, Michael
Fallon, Michael
Field, Mark
Flight, Howard
Flook, Adrian
Forth, Eric
Fox, Liam
Francois, Mark

Gale, Roger
Garnier, Edward
Gibb, Nick
Gillan, Cheryl
Goodman, Paul
Gray, James
Grayling, Chris
Green, Damian
Greenway, John
Grieve, Dominic
Gummer, John

Hague, William
Hammond, Philip
Haselhurst, Alan
Hawkins, Nicholas
Hayes, John
Heald, Oliver
Heathcoat-Amory, David
Hendry, Charles
Hoban, Mark
Hogg, Douglas
Horam, John
Howard, Michael
Howarth, Gerald
Hunter, Andrew

Jack, Michael
Jackson, Robert
Jenkin, Bernard
Johnson, Boris

K
Key, Robert
Kirkbride, Julie
Knight, Greg

Laing, Eleanor
Lait, Jacqui
Lansley, Andrew
Leigh, Edward
Letwin, Oliver
Lewis, Julian
Liddell-Grainger, Ian
Lidington, David
Lilley, Peter
Lord, Michael
Loughton, Timothy
Luff, Peter

is that enough??????????????????????????????????????

Latest

Trending

Trending