Psychic Sylvia Browne and her predictions for the next 100 years (very interesting)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
caz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
check this out http://www.sylvia.org/home/2000plus.cfm

Though some predictions may seem far-fetched to the skeptic, also note that she makes many, many predictions every single day, including solving murder cases and other various crimes down to the exact name of the person who committed it.

However, she is sometimes wrong, and she admits it, which is why she cannot be used to solve everything. For the most part she is right

One of her predictions for this year includes a pill (I'm pretty sure she said pill) that will revolutionize weightloss. People lose weight instantly

Would be strange to have world with relatively no overweight people...I'm not sure if that'd even be a good thing, what about those who cannot lose the weight?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What about next week's lottery numbers?
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
One of her predictions for this year includes a pill (I'm pretty sure she said pill) that will revolutionize weightloss. People lose weight instantly

Would be strange to have world with relatively no overweight people...I'm not sure if that'd even be a good thing, what about those who cannot lose the weight?[/QUOTE]

And after that i bet being overweight would be what everyone soughts after.....
caz
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2776 2)
What about next week's lottery numbers?
i don't believe the spirit world works like that...in fact no explanation of the spirit world has ever been able to predict something like that (including biblical prophecies)
caz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nafisa)
And after that i bet being overweight would be what everyone soughts after.....
lol, there was a time when being fat was sexy. rich people were fat a lot
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"Atomic batteries will run cars. "

"A virtual reality headset will stimulate brain waves so people can learn whole libraries of information within hours. "

"Atlantis will begin to show itself by 2023 and be fully visible by 2026."

"Aliens will begin to show themselves in the year 2010, they will not harm us, they simply want to see what we are doing to this planet. They will teach us how to use anti-gravity devices again, such as they did for the pyramids. "

I am sorry but I have heard of better Science fiction than this load of bs.
giddylid1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i don't beleive in all this spirituality stuff, most of these predictions seem to be based on what she or someone would like to happen.
Lyd
caz
Rep:
?
"Atomic batteries will run cars. "

"A virtual reality headset will stimulate brain waves so people can learn whole libraries of information within hours. "

"Atlantis will begin to show itself by 2023 and be fully visible by 2026."

"Aliens will begin to show themselves in the year 2010, they will not harm us, they simply want to see what we are doing to this planet. They will teach us how to use anti-gravity devices again, such as they did for the pyramids. "

I am sorry but I have heard of better Science fiction than this load of bs.
lol, okay the alien thing does seem crazy...especially with the crap we see everywhere, but there is a LOT of study into life outside of earth (i'm sure you even know people who claimed to have seen UFOs or other weird objects in the sky that disappear, I myself have followed by helicopters, though I will not admit it is an alien, because I simply have no clue what it was), so it's possible...

also, Edgar Cayce, probably THE most studied and accurate psychic of all time (aside from Nostraudomus, although he wasn't even as accurate, but he is very popular) predicted Atlantis would surface sometime. It's possible, it's existence isn't fairytale, we just couldn't ever find it. He predicted shifting plates or something would make the continent resurface, which it hasn't YET, but his predictions are VERY, very accurate, and insightful
he even predicted credit cards and the internet
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
She's really great
http://www.randi.org/sylvia/index.shtml
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
he even predicted credit cards and the internet
So did Douglas Adams
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
(aside from Nostraudomus, although he wasn't even as accurate, but he is very popular)
Nostradomus made such wide predictions that most of it applies today. Like I said " I predict in the future that a white powder will kill the virsus in the body"

Sure it will happen, but that doesn't tell me anything right now! It is a load of bs. I belive in dreams and maybe a tenous connection with ideas...like that science guy who had a dream of snake biting its tail to get the benzene ring.
caz
Rep:
?
Nostradomus made such wide predictions that most of it applies today. Like I said " I predict in the future that a white powder will kill the virsus in the body"

Sure it will happen, but that doesn't tell me anything right now! It is a load of bs. I belive in dreams and maybe a tenous connection with ideas...like that science guy who had a dream of snake biting its tail to get the benzene ring.
that's the point, psychic ability does not make you a genius, likewise if it were able to, then you'd probably be able to predict details like lottery numbers

and the spirit world connects with people, and it does not make connections when people have an intent of personal gain over helping others
caz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
She's really great
http://www.randi.org/sylvia/index.shtml
oh wow, randi.org said they'd give 1 million dollars to a psychic who can convince them. we should really respect their opinions
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hav u heard of Nostradamus,

When America was attacked ion Sept 11,2001; it was said that he already predicted something like this around 500 yrs.
PURE BULLS**T !!!
Does anyone believe that ???
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by prince_capri)
hav u heard of Nostradamus,

When America was attacked ion Sept 11,2001; it was said that he already predicted something like this around 500 yrs.
PURE BULLS**T !!!
Does anyone believe that ???
Nostrademus is the biggest bs in the world. He makes things so vague that it can be applied to anthing in history. Like one about a city under attack, I eman that can be applied ot every single situation...
caz
Rep:
?
Nostrademus is the biggest bs in the world. He makes things so vague that it can be applied to anthing in history. Like one about a city under attack, I eman that can be applied ot every single situation...
yes, he is an idiot, that's why i said he's not even accurate, but he is for some reason very well known

i like how he predicts 50 different versions of a possibility, and then when one of them is right, everyone is like, "WOW"
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
I myself have followed by helicopters, though I will not admit it is an alien, because I simply have no clue what it was), so it's possible...
maybe you know too much
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Some of her predictions just sound like common sense

"No longer a single Pope, but a triumvirate of Popes, each assigned to a geographic collection of Catholics. "

That could happen, I could have predicted something similar and I've never knowingly contacted the spirit world.

Caz - do you belive in the Bible Code? Because some of this woman's predictions conflict with it.
caz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Some of her predictions just sound like common sense

"No longer a single Pope, but a triumvirate of Popes, each assigned to a geographic collection of Catholics. "

That could happen, I could have predicted something similar and I've never knowingly contacted the spirit world.

Caz - do you belive in the Bible Code? Because some of this woman's predictions conflict with it.
the bible code? no, why? i dont follow the bible
darknessishope
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
oh wow, randi.org said they'd give 1 million dollars to a psychic who can convince them.
I predict we shall all die

Can I have my money now ^_^

also prediction 19.New exercise equipment that you sit or stand in, and it literally stimulates your muscles with electricity to achieve the same effect as physical exercise

don't we already have these? those pad things you put on yourself that stimulates the muscle?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.24%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (47)
13.66%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (126)
36.63%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (35)
10.17%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
5.52%

Watched Threads