Aberdeen is gorgeous, imho.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by LBF)
Hi
I dont want to discourage you from applying but based on what you have said it is unlikely that you will get into Oxbridge. I applied this year with a 3 A prediction and done loads of work experience etc interview went well but got a rejection.
In the end i was rejected from 5 of my six choices, Cambridge, Durham, Notts, Bristol and Warwick but Aberdeen made me a 3 B offer. I wasnt planning on going there but i am going for a look around this friday to see if i will like the place.
Law is a VERY competitive subject but there is no reason why, even with your predicted grades, you should not aim high and apply for Oxbridge. Just dont be too dissapointed if you dont get in like i was.
Good luck to you though, and im sure if u want it, things will work out.
As for me, looks like Aberdeen here i come!
Aberdeen for law? but wont that be Scottish law?
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by LBF)
Hi
I dont want to discourage you from applying but based on what you have said it is unlikely that you will get into Oxbridge. I applied this year with a 3 A prediction and done loads of work experience etc interview went well but got a rejection.
In the end i was rejected from 5 of my six choices, Cambridge, Durham, Notts, Bristol and Warwick but Aberdeen made me a 3 B offer. I wasnt planning on going there but i am going for a look around this friday to see if i will like the place.
Law is a VERY competitive subject but there is no reason why, even with your predicted grades, you should not aim high and apply for Oxbridge. Just dont be too dissapointed if you dont get in like i was.
Good luck to you though, and im sure if u want it, things will work out.
As for me, looks like Aberdeen here i come!
Ouch! That's really harsh man.....don't worry...you'll have a great time in Aberdeen!

G
LBF
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
cheers. i hope i will.
The look round this friday should answer a few of my questions, e.g how long to convert back to English law etc.
However the uni does offer a law degree with european legal studies involved, meaning i can study in another country for a year so that should be cool.
il keep you posted on how it goes.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.95%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (168)
38.18%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.45%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.23%

Watched Threads