Turn on thread page Beta

SA {shopaholics anonymous} watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey group, :hello: , my name is Sabina Lataya and i am a shopaholic.

Anyone else!?

Any one got any useful tips to help me cure my problem!? I am meant to be saving for a laptop an ££ for uni but keep digging into my savings to buy stuff (mainly clothes)

Group: :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Latayah)
    Hey group, :hello: , my name is Sabina Lataya and i am a shopaholic.

Anyone else!?

Any one got any useful tips to help me cure my problem!? I am meant to be saving for a laptop an ££ for uni but keep digging into my savings to buy

Group: :congrats:
    A bank savings account which only lets you make a certain amount of withdrawrals a year would be useful.

ReputationRep:
    yes. me 2! is so not cool. even shopping on internet. debit cards are dangerous!

ReputationRep:
    Can guys be part of SA?

ReputationRep:
    My sister is a shopping addict, and I keep asking her the same question which I shall pose to you guys;

Why do you insist on buying items you cannot afford when you already have so many?

Obviously you buy because it makes you happy and/or gives you a buzz, but why, fundamentally?

I want to help cure my sis', this addiction has ruined her. *shakes head in a patronising big sis way*

ReputationRep:
    yeah guys can join~!

anyway at pheebs, i know what you saying, i have just started online shopping with my debit cards and i'm an addict now!

at black_mamba - i understand what you say, but theres something inside that makes me think i really need to buy something if it looks good. If i try something on and like it, " I JUST GOTTA HAVE IT".

I need help, especially as uni is literally 'just around the corner' and i won't be able to fund my extravangant lifestyle but its soo difficult.

ReputationRep:
    My name is Charlotte and I'm addicted to shopping. Phew - that was difficult.

I actually realised the other day. People have been telling me for ages. I got quite a bit of money when I turned 18 that just fed my habit. It's not that shopping gives me a buzz, it's more wearing the clothes. If I could never go shopping again, but I could have all the clothes I wanted, I would be happy.

It's so chliche, but when I realised and admitted to everyone, I felt that I could stop. I was going to spend about a hundred pound in a shop and I realised that I didn't want most of the stuff, so I ended up spending £10 (Pink Soda Boutique dress - £10!?!). The same thing happened today, I was going to spend £80 and ended up not buying anything. I was going to buy a pair of purple, suade, knee high, wedge boots (I've gone all funny thinking about them - they were beautiful), but that would make 41 pairs, they were a little too tight and I have one skirt to wear with them.

I'm never going to stop spending, but I have learnt to really think. Go me, I'm very proud. I'm not going to preach, because that would be highly hypocritical, but really think before you buy.

All of this said it has only been about 3-4 weeks since my £100 a time spending craze - only time will tell if I will hold out.

I think this is my longest post so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malibu_barbie)
    My name is Charlotte and I'm addicted to shopping. Phew - that was difficult.

I actually realised the other day. People have been telling me for ages. I got quite a bit of money when I turned 18 that just fed my habit. It's not that shopping gives me a buzz, it's more wearing the clothes. If I could never go shopping again, but I could have all the clothes I wanted, I would be happy.

It's so chliche, but when I realised and admitted to everyone, I felt that I could stop. I was going to spend about a hundred pound in a shop and I realised that I didn't want most of the stuff, so I ended up spending £10 (Pink Soda Boutique dress - £10!?!). The same thing happened today, I was going to spend £80 and ended up not buying anything. I was going to buy a pair of purple, suade, knee high, wedge boots (I've gone all funny thinking about them - they were beautiful), but that would make 41 pairs, they were a little too tight and I have one skirt to wear with them.

I'm never going to stop spending, but I have learnt to really think. Go me, I'm very proud. I'm not going to preach, because that would be highly hypocritical, but really think before you buy.

All of this said it has only been about 3-4 weeks since my £100 a time spending craze - only time will tell if I will hold out.

I think this is my longest post so far.
    :top: on realising you have a problem and trying to fight it! You'll save a lot of money in the long run. Just think before you buy something if it is something that will go with a lot of clothes, shoes etc that you already have and if you would wear it a lot if it does.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.