Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Ace is Back)
    But then again English Lit and English Lang might be the hardest for some people to get A* in, as opposed to it being something to do with the exam board? Seeing as everyone in the country has to do it, the standards must be fairly high I imagine? English Lit especially, and even more so if you're not native British and haven't been speaking English from a young age... not saying that applies to you though
    I think you were talking to me when you said this. Anyway, I suppose so, I know an A and a B aren't bad, it's just a bit annoying when all my others were A*s, and it was just those two that weren't. I am a complete native speaker of English though, so I can't say that is why I didn't do better, lol. Although, I could try to pretend I'm a foreigner, then it would look like I'd done really well to get a B, but sadly I don't think I'd be able to pull that off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emonk89)
    I had 73/90 as my OCR French coursework and it was moderated to 67/90, which is quite a big difference but not huge. When i pointed it out to my school they investigated and realised that every piece of grade A course work only (A*s, Bs and Cs were left the same) had 6 marks off! The school hadn't even been informed.

As it works out it wouldn't have affected my grade but for some it might have. I think they were trying to make it harder to get top grades. The A* pieces apparently were amazing so they weren't touched. A bit harsh on all the A grade students though.
    I got the same treatment as you. If this didn't happen I would have got an A* overall but my coursework was marked down to a B :mad:

ReputationRep:
    OCR was pretty nasty to me in my Essay writing subjects... I got a D on one of my English Lit Papers
    Was it by any chance the drama pre-1914 paper (we did R+J), because our whole year got b/c/d's instead of a/a*s and the school wants them all to be remarked??? Perhaps the whole country was marked unfairly on that one paper.

EDIT- sorry just read the rest of your post, it was drama! Perhaps you should ask for a remark too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali p)
    Was it by any chance the drama pre-1914 paper (we did R+J), because our whole year got b/c/d's instead of a/a*s and the school wants them all to be remarked??? Perhaps the whole country was marked unfairly on that one paper.

EDIT- sorry just read the rest of your post, it was drama! Perhaps you should ask for a remark too.
    The paper I did worst in was Drama post-1914 (I got 26/40), I did Death of a Salesman. Maybe it was all the OCR Drama papers that were marked unfairly.

ReputationRep:
    im very happy with ocr actually, i got 2 as for english and english lit, when i was expecting cs

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got 23/40 on the OCR English drama paper :confused: This was when my coursework was a* and both other sections were a's!

ReputationRep:
    we did the drama paper early in january, so we could take in annotated books, and all of aour year got high marks, i got a b, one mark off an a, and about 10 people got full marks, we were lucky as we did the exam straight after we had been studying death of a salesman, and for the summer exams we could concentrate on the other peoms and stories, without having to go back, it also gave people the chance to do retakes in the summer

ReputationRep:
    I did two Subjects with OCR and I'm actually happy with the grades I attained. It's EDEXCEL i'm annoyed with. AQA, after some difficult exams, proved to be my fave exam board in the end, giving me the best results.

For OCR...

Geography (Avery Hill) - A
    Resistant Materials - E

(Original post by garethDT)
    was that with OCR? (just checking it's not me being too bitter and blaming the exam board lol)
    Yes it was

ReputationRep:
    I've had similar problems with my OCR grades in English Language. I was sure that paper went well and my coursework was a reasonable A. Lo and behold I got a B with all papers being marked as B's and my coursework soaring down to 47/60.

Don't really know what to do now. My school haven't confronted me about re-marks so I guess I'm stuck with it, which sucks because I want to do English Language AS :confused:

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.