The Student Room Group
Reply 1
For me, learning vocab, doing past papers (from AQA website), watching Spanish television, like the news, is very good. For the Health topics, for example, a good programme to watch is 'La mañana de La 1' on TVE, which talks about health issues, entertainment, which covers a lot of the course. Focus on the essays in particular; these carry the most marks in the exam. Look at the mark scheme, and think about how to write an essay in comparison with the marks allocated. Learn a load of nice essay phrases for stating your opinions, give examples, and justify and exemplify your points. Make it relevant and focused.

Also, think about revising grammar. Past participles, subjunctives, tenses, all come up in the Grammar section of the exam. These are relatively easy marks if you revise your grammar.

Can anyone suggest any other advice? I've got the same exam in a couple of weeks too. Good luck to all AS Spanish students!
Reply 2
eafy
The Reading/Listening/Writing is on the 18ths of May... LESS THAN TWO WEEKS! And I haven't even started revising, I really want a B, but we did a Mock and I go a D because I sucked at the Listening and Writing, how can I improve and get the top grades? What should I do!? HELP PLEASE :frown: I'm actually going to fail all my A levels.

I've got the resit the same day, and I'm actually starting to panic now too, barely done any revision whatsoever. What I am going to do though, is revise all the topic specific vocab and grammar. Hopefully this time around we'll do better anyway because we've just done the A2 course as well.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 3
Get a list of phrases... Set them aside (they should be really impressive eg. en lo posible - as far as possible, tendencia preocupante etc... ) Do a tonne of essays and practise inserting as many of those phrases as you can. That's all... And don't give yourself too many, look for those with a wide application that can be used for any topic... eg. Ante este asunto es imprescindible que +subj - In light of this matter, it's indispensible that... eg. todo se reduce a - it all boils down to... est da origen/lugar a - this gives rise to... contribuye a que +subj... eg contribuye a que nuestros jóvenes se comporten así it contributes to our you behaving this way... Etc)
Reply 4
eafy
The Reading/Listening/Writing is on the 18ths of May... LESS THAN TWO WEEKS! And I haven't even started revising, I really want a B, but we did a Mock and I go a D because I sucked at the Listening and Writing, how can I improve and get the top grades? What should I do!? HELP PLEASE :frown: I'm actually going to fail all my A levels.

I've left some tips for you.
Reply 5
Thanks everyone :smile:
Hey,

I am reresitting this exam as well (OCR??)

I got a D in june and a C in Jan, My quality of writing sucks :frown: I would have got a good B if it wasn't for the quality of language. Although, I didn't revise for either of them, so it is my own fault. I have also only just started revising for this one today, so It should be fun :/
Original post by eafy

What grade did you get??? Doing AS German and using these tips
Yesss tell usss :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending