Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of this?
    http://www.channel4.com/history/micr...s/monarch.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    Interesting, but you can't exactly change history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    that's the whole point the programme is about the 'what if'.

it was a good programme though.

ReputationRep:
    The way i see it, it's still illegitimate one way or the other.

ReputationRep:
    Illegitamate, who cares.

I'm more worried by the fact that they are now German.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gayboy09)
    Illegitamate, who cares.

I'm more worried by the fact that they are now German.

(conspiracy theory alert)

im more worried that they will soon be the the royal family of Europe.

(Original post by hattori)
    (conspiracy theory alert)

im more worried that they will soon be the the royal family of Europe.
    what do you mean soon will be. do you realise that the same bloodlines have held power for centuries? When you look at how many times the bloodlines of each countries roayl families have merged and diverged you quickly realise that the royal family are not german, or any nationality by blood. They're as British as any second generation immigrant.
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    what do you mean soon will be. do you realise that the same bloodlines have held power for centuries? When you look at how many times the bloodlines of each countries roayl families have merged and diverged you quickly realise that the royal family are not german, or any nationality by blood. They're as British as any second generation immigrant.
    J
    I know that. Don't know what u mean by the immigration bit (??). I'm talking about the queen will let the Britain join Euro constitution but she'll automatically have to be queen of Europe if European law applies to Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Queen Barbara.

Lol, I like it.

(Original post by hattori)
    I know that. Don't know what u mean by the immigration bit (??). I'm talking about the queen will let the Britain join Euro constitution but she'll automatically have to be queen of Europe if European law applies to Britain.
    What I mean is that all these prats like the BNP harp on about people not being British (ie along racial lines) little realising that some families have been here longer than the royal family. Not the royal family is british going back a fair way, but has alot of foreign blood mixed in. I just think that if we take the monarchy as being symbolic of britain, then part of the symbolism is surely the diversity.
    And as for the law thing, i don't quite understand. I think i know what you're getting at though, but the whole reason against it is just that - she wouldnt be queen of europe, and would lose power as queen of britian!
    (as would the government)
    And make no qualms that if we failed some economic checklist the fricking french and germans would **** us over in a second

J

ReputationRep:
    Royal and aristocratic bloodlines only exist anyway because somewhere down the line their ancestors seized power. Then the law of primo geniture came into force after the Norman conquest and suddenly, instead of being divided between all the sons in one family, estates and titles were inherited completely by the eldest son, thus keeping wealth and power amongst a certain tiny elite. I find the whole concept of monarchy and 'blue blood' a little bit silly.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    What I mean is that all these prats like the BNP harp on about people not being British (ie along racial lines) little realising that some families have been here longer than the royal family. Not the royal family is british going back a fair way, but has alot of foreign blood mixed in. I just think that if we take the monarchy as being symbolic of britain, then part of the symbolism is surely the diversity.
    And as for the law thing, i don't quite understand. I think i know what you're getting at though, but the whole reason against it is just that - she wouldnt be queen of europe, and would lose power as queen of britian!
    (as would the government)
    And make no qualms that if we failed some economic checklist the fricking french and germans would **** us over in a second

J
    no the conspiracy theory is that although britain will lose it's powers the queen will become more powerfull. It goes something like the queen won't use her one real right to stop the whole process (and she hasn't) to stop the integration into Europe. This is so that the british monarchy will then be able to rule the whole of Europe by default because of these laws and constitutions (i can't remember the details).

There's all sorts of conspiracies about europe, you'll probably find this one, explained better, somewhere on the net.

ReputationRep:
    A little research would show that there are actually several people with greater claims than that obese Australian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    A little research would show that there are actually several people with greater claims than that obese Australian.
    He is a 'pom' who emigrated to Australia in the 60's, so he is an obese English person!
    What research have you undertaken then that validates your statement?

ReputationRep:
    thats cool,but theres not much we can do about it now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    havent u seen blackadder - back and forth?

id love to go bk and see what happened if u killed henry 8th or someone and see what happens. to be technical if that happened u may die because if he died u may have not existed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moochy)
    havent u seen blackadder - back and forth?

id love to go bk and see what happened if u killed henry 8th or someone and see what happens. to be technical if that happened u may die because if he died u may have not existed.
    Yeah. Chaos theory and a temporal paradox.

Life could be very, very different.

So if you go to the past don't change anything, OK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)

k ill try not to..are u related to anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moochy)
    k ill try not to..are u related to anyone?
    i think he's related to his parents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)

hehe. has anyone seen the simpsons where homer makes a time machine, and goes back, and does loads of stuff to mess up things.

i think it was a treehouse of horror ep.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.