Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been browsing several posts in the UK-Learning.net forums and it has come to my attention that a lot of people have applied to the University of Nottingham for September / October 2004. I was wondering why it is such a popular choice for UCAS Applicants.

Please post your answers below.

(Original post by Winifred)
    I have been browsing several posts in the UK-Learning.net forums and it has come to my attention that a lot of people have applied to the University of Nottingham for September / October 2004. I was wondering why it is such a popular choice for UCAS Applicants.

Please post your answers below.
    its fab. read the zillion other threads about it where people say the same things, academic but with a great social life on a pretty campus.

ReputationRep:
    I would've thought the answer was obvious.
    I'm choosing it for 1st choice, but my econ teacher loves warwick and keeps giving me stick about choosing notts above warwick. not much difference between the two, if any at all.

ReputationRep:
    personally i applied to Nottingham because Robin hood came from there

but this was just a joke application cos i had already decided on Durham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyBlue)
    That's a bit unfair on people who really want to go to Nottingham...they might not get a place because a place was offered to someone who just sees it as a joke.

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Cambridge (what relevance that has i don't know )
    I think Durham is highly overated and i would rather go to many other places before i even consider durham. To say you applied to nottingham for a joke is in itself a joke. If you ask me you're the farce for choosing durham over nottingham.
    I say
    1.oxbridge
    2.LSE and Imperial
    somewhere in between-UCL
    3. Warwick Notts Bristol
    4.Bath St Andrews
    Durham? i'd say is on the same level as Edinburgh, manchester and birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    well i doubt that happened really

and are you telling me that you seriously wanted to go to every university that you applied for equally?? and there were none that you knew that you didn't want to go to if you had a choice but applied anyway?? i was told by my head of 6th form that i had to make an effort to apply to as many places as i could, even tho i knew where i wanted to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theECONOMIST)
    I think Durham is highly overated and i would rather go to many other places before i even consider durham. To say you applied to nottingham for a joke is in itself a joke. If you ask me you're the farce for choosing durham over nottingham.
    I say
    1.oxbridge
    2.LSE and Imperial
    somewhere in between-UCL
    3. Warwick Notts Bristol
    4.Bath St Andrews
    Durham? i'd say is on the same level as Edinburgh, manchester and birmingham.
    well you obviously don't really know what you are talking about now do you, as you have absolutely no idea what courses i applied for at each uni.
    And what may i ask is wrong with being 'on the same level' as Edinburgh, Manchester and Brum?? hmmm I think we possibly have a bit of a snob here.......

ReputationRep:
    Actually, i respect Edingburgh, hence why i spelt it with a capital, as for the other two...well.

Anyway, I'm going to Cambridge so i can say and do as i like.

(Original post by theECONOMIST)
    agreed.

oh and congrats on cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    haha you remind me of a friend of mine, although you are possibly less refined, i just have one thing to say to you, 'shut up, or i'll buy your house'

haha you remind me of a friend of mine, although you are possibly less refined, i just have one thing to say to you, 'shut up, or i'll buy your house'
    wow that..makes..so much sense?

are you suggesting you have a lot of money?

ReputationRep:
    oh i think that is impossible for someone like you.

ReputationRep:
    nope i don't have a lot of money, i prefer to get where i am by working.
    it was just a joke for the benefit of my friend reading this if you must know, now enough of this petty arguing, what i said about Nottingham obviously hurt you, deeply, and for that i apologise. But it was true and it was more than 2 years ago now so whats the point in getting upset about it?

now i assume that you are an intelligent adult so could you please begin acting like one.

ReputationRep:
    the economist, you were beaten up a lot at school, right?

now i assume that you are an intelligent adult so could you please begin acting like one.
    i don't see the point in acting like an intelligent adult when it is obvious the person i am addressing isn't one. the faux mature persona doesn't impress anyone dearie.

did you get into nottingham? does this deep well of bitterness you seem to harbour stem from rejection?

*off to do more important things*

ReputationRep:
    She must have been, because the only time i hear anyone speak ill of some of our best universities is following rejection.
    "applied to notts for a joke" (then chose durham...what a croc

ReputationRep:
    i was simply trying to stop a petty argument over nothing, but i don't know why i bothered to try and talk sense to you, oh and i am not bitter towards you or anybody.............economist can i just point out that the only person who has spoken ill of any universities in this thread is you, (if we go by what you say then perhaps we are dealing with a durham/manc/brum reject?) I have no problem with Notts, i have friends there who say its great but i am still glad that i chose durham as it much better for my course and although i don't really need to justify myself to anybody, if you are so fascinated by my life then i'll tell you that i did get an offer from Notts, ABB, i think it was.

ReputationRep:
    personally i applied to Nottingham because Robin hood came from there

loool

ReputationRep:
    i was simply trying to stop a petty argument over nothing, but i don't know why i bothered to try and talk sense to you, oh and i am not bitter towards you or anybody.............economist can i just point out that the only person who has spoken ill of any universities in this thread is you, (if we go by what you say then perhaps we are dealing with a durham/manc/brum reject?) I have no problem with Notts, i have friends there who say its great but i am still glad that i chose durham as it much better for my course and although i don't really need to justify myself to anybody, if you are so fascinated by my life then i'll tell you that i did get an offer from Notts, ABB, i think it was.
    "ABB, i think it was"
    Yeh right, either you're being arrogant or you're lying because if reputable university like nottingham made you an offer you're very likely to remember what it was.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 22, 2004
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.